In need of formation and tactics help

dannye06

Conference
17 September 2006
Hey Guys

Been playing pes 2012 since xmas and i just cant get a formation sorted. MY players are always way to far apart and i cant string passes together or tackle anybody! Shooting wise ive sort of got it cracked but headers just confuse me, the amount of times ive sent a ball into the box and had an unmarked player just totally miss the ball is unreal! Can people please give me a hand with a decent formation and tactical set up to get me on my way. Any help will be greatly appriciated!

Formation/tactis are intricately linked, one will depend on the other.
Are you playing master League? with the defaults? ior with real players?

Decide what style of football you wish to play, patient passing probing football or quick direct attacking play, then adjust your tactics and formation accordingly.

use the tactics sliders, set to standard and alter each one to your own style, for example set your players to give close support so when you have the ball there's always a player dropping short for a simple pass, having them too spaced out will leave acres of room between the ball carrier and his passing options, making it easier for the CPU to close you down as you have to rely on the 'hollywood' pass all the time.
Try a flat standard 4-4-2 until you get decent skilled players then adjust from there, tweak as you go along.

Use R2 after you have passed the ball to make the player go on a forward run to open up spaces, use the off the ball controls (R3 on PS30 to initiate player runs, learn to jockey and contain when defending, use R2 to manouver a player into position when pinging in crosses, this helps you steal a yard to get a header in - timing of the shoot button is essential when trying headers.

Back
Top Bottom