If you had to choose 5 games...

Scutch

Futsal Master
31 October 2006
Cumbria, UK
Tottenham Hotspur
... to really try and sell the consoles or systems you own/have owned in the last 3 years, which games would you choose for each system? These will obviously be games you've thoroughly enjoyed, regardless of the fact that you may have completed them.

For me :

XBox360 :
Fallout 3
Grand Theft Auto IV
Batman : Arkham Asylum
Assassins Creed 2
Forza Motorsport 3

PS3 :
N/A

PSP :
N/A

Nintendo DS :
N/A

Nintendo Wii :
Resident Evil 4
Super Mario Galaxy
Legend of Zelda : Twilight Princess
Metrod Prime 3
Wii Sports

PC :
Football Manager 2010
(only game I've installed on laptop)

I'm also looking towards getting a PS3 off the missus for Christmas, and have therefore been reading up on their exclusive games. I'm very interested in Uncharted 2, Little Big Planet and Killzone 2, so it will be nice to see if others rate them in their Top 5.

As an aside, the wife is also wanting a Nintendo DS Lite and a few murder/mystery games (as she loves CSI and that). I've ordered her Hotel Dusk, Professor Layton and the Curious Village and Scribblenauts. It was a tough call between Hotel Dusk and Phoenix Wright, so I hope I made the wise choice. She can always buy more games in the future, I guess.

You know, I watched a video today of some killzone 2 MP action and it really made me want to go out an buy it again. It was a great game but I think the slow controls online just ruined it enough to stop me playing it all year long.

I'm not sure if these all fall into 'past 3 years' but,

XBox360 :
Dead Rising
C&C 3
Gears of War 1 (Never played 2)
Oblivion

I'm really stuck for the 5th, I have games I liked a lot but can't pick 1 above the rest.

PS3 :
Uncharted 2
Killzone 2
Smackdown vs Raw 2010
InFamous
MGS4
(I nearly put GTA4 on here as well)

PSP :
N/A

Nintendo DS :
Hotel Dusk
GTA Chinatown Wars (Though twice my save data has corrupted so I've given up playing it now)
Phoenix Wright (I played the first 2 and liked them a lot but I think I was too burnt out to pick up the 3rd and then Apollo one.
Unsolved Crimes
Advance Wars

Nintendo Wii :
Wii Bowling (It came with the DS but bowling was the best of them, I wasn't keen on the rest)
Mario Galaxy
Mario Party
Ravin Rabids

PC :
Football Manager 2010
erm... I can't think of anything else.

Oh no, I don't mean the games should fall into the past 3 years, just the consoles, to prevent the SNES and Megadrive et al popping up.

Basically a system from the last 3 years and whichever game from it's existence.

PS3:
Uncharted 1&2
Dead Space
Little Big Planet (Always fun when you need a change, and never gets old with all the creativity)
Batman AA

Xbox 360:

GTAIV
Dead Space (Extremely underrated imo)
Riddick
Halo 3
Rainbow Six: Vegas

You can probably tell that I'm a huge fan of story-based SP games.

Xbox 360:

GTAIV
Riddick
Halo 3

Exactly. Totally with you there with the "Extremely underrated" bit. Compared to Uncharted, etc I've never heard any buzz about this game. Quite surprised really.

Even though it stresses the shit out of me, Its still a lovely game both to play and look at.

Xbox 360:

GTAIV
Riddick
Halo 3

I'm getting Dead Space for xmas this year, haven't heard a bad word said about it. Riddick interested me too, how was that game?

I'm getting Dead Space for xmas this year, haven't heard a bad word said about it. Riddick interested me too, how was that game?

Dead Space was one of those games where after a certain point I had to stop because I was getting too stressed out. The atmosphere is absolutely incredible and scary. The graphics are also quite well done, certainly less arcadey than RE.

Riddick is a good game if you enjoyed the Xbox version. The language was surprisingly very vulgar, but nonetheless I think there is very good dialogue and a solid story line, so it kept me playing. I found it very challenging but the game has quite a lot of depth to keep you interested until the end.

Seeing as Ive only managed to complete 9 of my games, 2 of which I wouldn't recommend in a top 5 it's pretty tough to choose!

XBOX360
- Bioshock (probably the most impressive one)
- The Orange Box (Loved HL2 on the pc and the episodes in this were a lot of fun aswell)
- GoW I+II (Although haven't played II yet)
- FalloutIII (The scale is amazing, however the generic settings got a bit too much after 30+ hours of wondering about without touching the main story. Might continue it after finishing all the other games)
- Assassins Creed II (If it keeps being as good)

PS3
- Uncharted I + II (Great!)
- Killzone II (Great graphics and setpieces, control could have been better)
- LBP (something different, although Ive harldy played it)
- CoD4 (similar to Killzone but not as good overal)

Hopefully Batman:AA can get in to this list once I play it :D

Looking at Metacritics top 20 for both consoles Ive got all the games I would want except CoDMW2.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom