I present you... the free kick bug.

"You make it out to be something that cannot be stopped. It's only a bug if you can't prevent a goal, which is not the case.

But if you want to ignore that fact and pretend it's undefendable, "suit yourself"."

Dude, it's a bug... as in "bug, because players don't act like that in real life".
Never saw anything that was even similar to this concerning PES4 or WE8.

If you're going to label anything in the game which players don't do in real life a bug, then it's one of the buggiest games I've ever played. A bug IMO is a glitch, something that can be exploited time and time again without a method of stopping it.

I actually don't think it's unrealistic that goalkeeper moves to the side, he's simply following the ball as it's passed for the shot. Goalkeepers in real life will do this, they won't watch the ball move while not moving themselves. Not being able to save the shot 100& of the time should it be on target and get past the wall/defense, is a bit more questionable I guess.

I don't think it's a bug as it has no significant bearing on the gameplay (as you can stop it). Let's just agree to disagree on this one. ;)

This method of scoring has been there since they introduced the varied set-pieces, from memory it was in fact easier as the defense didn't move into the way as often (when playing the AI).

I'm referring to situations that are not realistic, but in a reasonable way, of course.
And the keeper moves forward.
If he just moved to the side, I wouldn't be this bothered.
Ok, then.

Androctonvs said:
If you want to score any long distance free kick (and I mean any, starting for like 30 meters), simply use the 2 players method.
Select one to pass the ball and another with 90+shot-power (like Sheva) to kick it. Fill the bar to like 3/4 and celebrate... the keeper is way ahead of the place he should be!! There's no chance of defending.

Already scored from 30...33...37 and 43 meters. Just pressed up during fill of the energy bar.
This can be quite cool against the computer, but kinda lame against humanoids...

Works for WE9 PS2 and PSP and PES5.
I got to try.
This technique would always work in short range FK in PES4 : tap the ball to the kicker, aim at oppposite side of the goal corner, and enjoy the ball flying in.

But in PES5, these 2 players-played FK don't seem to work at all : the shoot results in a poor ball, usually out .. :-|

Androctonvs said:
"You make it out to be something that cannot be stopped. It's only a bug if you can't prevent a goal, which is not the case.

But if you want to ignore that fact and pretend it's undefendable, "suit yourself"."

Dude, it's a bug... as in "bug, because players don't act like that in real life".
Never saw anything that was even similar to this concerning PES4 or WE8.
really? in PES4 a less than 25m FK, played with 2 players, was a 90% chance goal.

Oh merde ... it's work !!

Arf ... some good french players found this bug and do it in PES-League... but don't want to tell about this 'secret'. Thanx Androctonvs to share this information with us.

Now we have to prohibit this FK in official tournaments !!
Grrr, grrr ...

Last edited:
You don't have to prohibit anything - defending against that bug is as simple as ...
Believe me, it's extremely easy to spoil opponent's "FK bug" scheme...;)

Androctonvs said:
Please, continue...
:)

I tried with Germany in free training, shooting with Hamann and Ballack. Keepers were Kahn and Hildebrand.
First of all i must say it works sometimes.
I mean it' s not 100% a score.
Surely the keeper doesn t act in a realistic way. He is too far from the goal.
And shooting well after a short pass becomes too easy after some practice.
I also have to say thet if you have a crowded box some player will probably stop the shoot.
It s' a kind of bug 'cause the keeper is too stupid in this situations and scoring from this distance is definetely too easy.
It' s hard, if you try to defend against this free kick, to put a man in the right spot to stop the ball because after pressing L2 all the players positions are kinda reset.

The solution is here:
1. Rush out of the wall (hold R2 + circle + direction)
2. Set keeper to ON, and during the shot hold backwards + triangle

Do it almost simultaneously.
Works 9 out of 10

You owe 5 Euros each ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
hold R2 + circle + direction >> does this provide out of the wall rush? the booklet tells that O + X do provide the wall to rush for the kicker

setting the keeper ON means that you have to control it the whole game??? :/

classicD... u dont understand what he is trying to say...
he is not talking about regular lay-off free kicks...
only the long range ones.. on thos ones the kepper moves foward and the ball goes OVER his head..
hes not talking about the close or mid range ones when u shoot on the keepers side...

it really is a bug... i only saw it once someone tried to scored on me, but they shot it a bit too hard and it went over the crossbar, but my keeper was outside the 6 yard box

urssaf said:
i've DL it last night and it was working, but today i got an error message... the link may be dead!

& dont exits another link or video showing this can of Free Kick ???

Last edited:
just go to training... use beckham from abou 35 38 yards (or meter idk) out...
then get a second player to pass the ball, dont change de direction...
then pass it with the second player (L1+X) then shoot with the bar almost full, about 3/4 full.. and it will go over the keepers head.. goal everytime u shoot with the right height...
its a bug!

I had a guy doing this against me yesterday... he put two free kicks in the bar with Juninho of Brazil. Annoying and I told him instantly that it must be a bug. But with Juninho I could accept it a bit.

Thanks for the solution "Partyzant" I'm gonna try it.

This is not to easy to make it , I try in practice , in game and nothig I could not make usefull this thing for me :(

Last edited:
I tried this yesterday. When I tried it with Beckham and Henry I would score everytime I got the right amount of power on the shot, which was maybe once every four attempts. Then I tried it with some other players, like Riquelme and Pires, and then the goalie didn't come as far out and was able to back-pedal and save the shot, even if the perfect amount of power was applied and ball was going just under the bar.

So it seems to me, this only works with some players and it's hard to get exactly the right amount of power.

I would say the free kick from close range where you pass to the kicker and aim for the keeper's corner is more of a bug because it's a lot easier to score from.

no.. if its gotta be with players with high shot power.. its a bug.. works everytime like u said..

the ones from close range u can hold CIRCLE and the wall rushes and u put a player next to the wall coverign the angle and u can prevent it.. this one u cant...

SuperConCon said:
no.. if its gotta be with players with high shot power.. its a bug.. works everytime like u said..

the ones from close range u can hold CIRCLE and the wall rushes and u put a player next to the wall coverign the angle and u can prevent it.. this one u cant...

Yeah, I practised it some more yesterday and it seems you have to have a player with shot power over 90 when shooting from over 30 m to make this work. I could even score using this method from 28-30 m, but I didn't need a player with high shot power then.

this bug is so !BIG! of course there is a way to prevent/defend against this but what if I don't want to play with GK on? (I must have this off coz when it's on I change to GK by mistake when I want to change player [L!] + rush out GK and that sucks so...)

but the worste thing is that people use this to win matches in tournaments, at least in Poland, so this is no fun anymore coz the only thing is to win the match not to show who's better (scoring like this is no skill at all), sad coz for me PES5 is the best of the series but his bug can ruin a match :(

Konami - WTF?

Back
Top Bottom