I need to buy 3 xbox 360 games - please recommend

smurf1020

Rooneys mentor
2 August 2003
Hi guys, ive got some greens to exchange for some xbox 360 games off of amazon and I need some advice. I already got fifa and I was gonna get pes as one of the 3 games, but need two more new games. Any recogmendations? I could instead, get xbox live points and loadsa arcade games (I have braid and thats the latest arcade game i bought). I am looking at the star wars game(any good?) and maybe the brothers in arms game? Thanks for your help

Re: I need to buy 3 xbox 360 games - please recogmend

My Fave games for xbox 360 so far

Bioshock
The Orange Box
Call of Duty 4
Mass Effect
Oblivion

If you can wait
Fallout 3 and Fable 2 are out in a few weeks

Ones mentioned above plus:

- GTA IV
- Crackdown or Bully (Good fun)
- Saints Row 2 (Coming out soon)

FIFA09
FIFA09
FIFA09

Yes, that's right, buy it three times.

I already had oblivion, it was brilliant. I think I will def get Fable 2, I will try Bioshock aswell, I think thats a cheaper title too so can get a few more games. Thanks Guys. When is GOW2 due out?

I recommend the try before you buy method, or at least only purchase games that have built in re-playability.

You've already got some good recommendations so far (although I think I wasted my money on GTA IV, I don't recommend purchasing it without playing it first), but some of those games lose their appeal after playing them through once. Bioshock is an example of this... it was an absolutely stunning play through, but I haven't picked it up once since completion. I'll definitely play it again sometime down the road, but not until I've forgotten exactly how the story goes, as unraveling the plot is crucial to the game's enjoyment.

However, a game like Call of Duty 4 can last you much longer, despite the single player experience not being quite as strong as in Bioshock because the built in multi-player can have you playing for weeks on end.

I think the best games to purchase (at full price) are:

COD4
Orange Box
Halo 3 (if you like it)
Oblivion
and whatever your favorite sports/racing games are

These games all guarantee lots and lots of play-time and will be constantly rotating in your 360 throughout its lifespan. You can probably add games like Fallout 3 and Fable 2 to that list and likely the Left 4 Dead and Gears of War 2 if those games have strong multiplayer. Games with open worlds/levels like Crackdown, GTA IV, Saints Row, Dead Rising, Bully, etc. can all last a long enough time if you like going back to them and can be worth a full purchase (I still play Crackdown every so often, what a ridiculous game).

Some games that I've enjoyed that I'd recommend renting and playing through are:

Bioshock
Mass Effect
Gears of War
Call of Duty 2
Rainbow Six: Vegas
Stranglehold
Devil May Cry 4
Ninja Gaiden 2
Mercenaries 2

These games can be beaten in a week or two if you get into them, but might not offer you any reason to keep them in your console after playing them from start to finish. Most action games are somewhere between 10-15 hours of gameplay, and don't have too much to do outside of the main quest. I rented all these, and the only one I purchased was COD2 because I saw it for $10 at the store. I'll probably buy Mass Effect when it's price drops and play it through again as well. However, I'm happy I only spent $5 renting these games and not $60 purchasing them. There are many upcoming action games in the fall that look promising (Dead Space, for sure) as well which will probably make for a fun renting season.

You also mentioned the possibility of buying arcade games. I've gotten a lot of value from Braid, Pac-Man CE, Castle Crashers, Geometry Wars 1 & 2, and Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo (a family favorite). This nice thing with the arcade games is that you can try before you buy, which can save you money there as well.

There are plenty of other games that you might enjoy that didn't receive critical praise, but are nonetheless pretty fun like Assassin's Creed or Too Human (for example). I use Amazon.com as well and just fill up my "Wish List" with games that I hear good things about, then wait for them to fall to around $15 before I buy them. I just bought GRID (racing game) and I'm really enjoying it, I would definitely recommend you check out the demo for it and see it for yourself.

Thanks for all your advise guys, I have got 20 people go green now, so I can get £400 worth of stuff through amazon and am gonna just buy as many of the recogmended games as possible lol and hybernate through the winter! Cheers guys

Back
Top Bottom