How to play FIFA 10 online

tc811

Resident Evo-Web Retard
9 January 2008
United States
Arsenal FC
1. Go to online lobbies
2. press Y to see if created matches are semi or manual for controller settings.
3. If all created matches are set to 'any' controls, create your own and change the settings to 'any'.
4. If you had to go to 3., wait until someone joins. Usually people do, and assisted players usually don't even know their through pass setting has been changed to manual :APPLAUD:
5. Enjoy the REAL FIFA 10 experience online. Bring your custom tactics and formations too, and taste the happy.

You can't block the cheesers who hold down sprint and the pressure button, so whatever, it's a FIFA10 flaw. pass the ball around.

Last edited:
Typo - "change the settings to semi/manual" surely? I posted about this last night. It was really satisfying to see people's through balls piddle off to the side.

Change the team rating restrictions too. They never spot that either.

Oh, I suppose. It's just how I enjoy FIFA online, and I'm sure it would please a lot of others on this forum if they played this way.

I used to go to the lobbies and invite people on 09 because the filters didn't work... but this year the filters do work so there's no need to trick people in the lobbies.

wow is probably the simplest mmo out right now. if u cant figure out how to play this game. well mmos arent ur taste then.

1. Go to online lobbies
2. press Y to see if created matches are semi or manual for controller settings.
3. If all created matches are set to 'any' controls, create your own and change the settings to 'any'.
4. If you had to go to 3., wait until someone joins. Usually people do, and assisted players usually don't even know their through pass setting has been changed to manual :APPLAUD:
5. Enjoy the REAL FIFA 10 experience online. Bring your custom tactics and formations too, and taste the happy.

You can't block the cheesers who hold down sprint and the pressure button, so whatever, it's a FIFA10 flaw. pass the ball around.

How sad.

I’m a manual player myself I take no joy in beating people who can't use manual. Where’s the challenge?

Don't give me that 'they abuse the game' crap since assisted is the way the game is built to be played. These guys aren't abusing the game. What it is, EA have made a dire, boring game in all departments of gameplay assisted and manual. If the game was good, assisted wouldn't be so effective like back with FIFA 08.

Also manual is better than assisted in terms of gameplay, but it's still a crap game even on manual. Chips are still to easy, it's still to easy to score finesse shots, free kicks are easy, defensive ai is still crap, still buggy and players passing, long balls and vision attributes makes even less difference on manual as it does assisted.

I used to believe this crap about fifa being the best game ever on manual but after a year playing with manual on 09 and 10 I have come to the conclusion that this game is just too arcadey.

I have to admit that when I play online on FIFA now I use the method posted in the first post of the thread (go to lobbies, create manual game).

This is purely because the last few times i've used the filters to play against people who know how to use manual, the games have been so dreadful that it completely put me off them...

People in manual games still do all the twattish things like constant double pressuring, non stop chipped through ball attacks, lobs (including the chipped through ball shot exploit) as well as having extremely accurate passing (so much so sometimes that you see the assisted-esque ping pong moves) so it just results in very frustrating games...

At least when you play people who "don't know" how to play manual, you get more of the ball and can try to play good, realistic football... It's not that i'm a bad loser so want to win nearly every game, it's just that you are VERY unlikely to get a fair competitive game online that is realistic in any way even by using the manual filter...

I'd rather play an uncompetitive, more realistic game than a competitive, completely unrealistic exploit fest... Plus it may be a bit sadistic but I enjoy knowing that it pisses off the wankers who usually play on assisted with the 5 star teams and ping-pong/finesse shot their way to victory in every other game...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom