How to ?? ... Have success in free kicks

E

estoyloco

Hi everybody! \\:o/
I've played PES5 and WE nine and could put free kicks from every good place between 16 and 45 meters (without using the bug)
But now i've tried with every freekicker I like and can't goal anytime... except with roberto Carlos who has a very high power for shootin'

Moreover shootin' in two time hqs become quasi impossible since the power bars becomes full terriblemently quickly

Could anybody tell me how to goal ?? :roll:

I'm sure this is covered in a thread somewhere else mate, but I'll tell ya this much, its all about the shot power-bar. Free kick's especially.

You also need to know the type of free-kick each player has, as you know Bobby Carlos has a totally different style than Juninho or Deisler for example. Won't try a low power dipping curler with Carlos into the top/bottom left corner for example, but you definitely will with Juninho.

Another thing, the higher the players free-kick accuracy, the more power you can put into their shot and not have it go blazin over the bar. A general rule would be to not really go past the half way point on the power-bar except with players like Beckham, who's accuracy is in the high 90's.

Your distance from goal is another important factor, too close and you probably wont get the ball up and down in time, and too far out your really hoping for a wonder strike or the keeper to make a bollix of it.

My advise is to just practice in training, you'll eventually get the hang of it.8)

and for the free kicks with carlos from 35m out try use the following combination before you shoot....press and hold R1..then press and hold UP press :square: and when you filled your power bar and carlos will make his run towards the ball press and hold :triangle:

practice it in training and you will be able to make some cannonball free kicks...and when you are able to this one...try to put in some curve aswell :lmao:

So what do holding triangle and X actually do during free kicks? I never used them in WE9 or PES5 and scored hundreds of FKs.

Zygalski said:
So what do holding triangle and X actually do during free kicks? I never used them in WE9 or PES5 and scored hundreds of FKs.

According to the ingame manual, pressing :triangle: makes the shot harder and :x: slower. On the digital pad, holding up is very hard and down very slow.

Thanks everybody for your posts...
The fact is that in every match I play all my FK are "well targeted" dunno how to say it in english cuz' i'm french. But the goal stops the ball every time and i often use triangle and X since WE9/PES5but now the kicker seems to shoot with less power.
Indeed also when i do what I call a spider net shoot (exactly in the corner) the GK reaches the ball...
It drives me crazyyy ..
I have intented lots of techniques like to kick with 2nd kicker FK with 2 persons "blind changing direction of the shoot" (using L1 R1)
But I can't goal any one...
In training I have difficulties for example with juninho who is for me the best FKicker whereas in the WE9 /PES5 I could goal anytiñe from 16 to 36 meters
The only FKs i had success in match are a 26m from Giggs and a 24 from Veron...
And this in about 25 matches...
I'm discouraged...

Back
Top Bottom