House of the Dead: Overkill (Wii)

pboreham

Kick. Snare. Hat. Ride.
5 August 2002
C*lchester
Southend Utd
Arrived today :)

Very good lightgun game, better graphics (though not great) than HOTD2/3 and more fun.

Got pickups in the game like slo-mo, which is cool as it allows you to get headshot combos.

Only played it a short time, but seems lots of unlocks and replay value.

Oh, and gratuitous swearing throughout. I appreciate what they tried to do with the whole 'Grindhouse' thing, but its VERY heavy on swearing, even text like "MUTHAFUKAHS" in the menus.

Grates a little bit as its OTT and just a warning if anyone is getting it to play with their kiddies...

Anyone else got this?

On a more dedicated play, then game is excellent - perfect lightgun game and great fun.

Me and my missus have gone through it twice on co-op now and still lots to unlock and the 'Directors Cut' mode after beating the game is an excellent addition (alternate and longer routes through the levels).

Recommend this to anyone with a Wii!

this game is awesome. over the top humour. not for the easily offended. one of my favourite games of the year so far. I'm using the zapper to control and it's bang on.

this game is awesome. over the top humour. not for the easily offended. one of my favourite games of the year so far. I'm using the zapper to control and it's bang on.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!! The thread lives! :LOL:

I ordered the hand cannon from Amazon yesterday as the 2 handed zapper is pants (sold it today) - already got a Nyko Perfect Shot and they are awesome!

We've been talking about this actually [among the other 234734 games we play at once!!] and I've had a ganders at that cannon cause I heard the zapper was crap and it does look fun. I used to play it in the arcades a lot. If I can find it for under £30 with the gun I'd buy it and dust my Wii off for it.

Back
Top Bottom