1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

House of the Dead: Overkill (Wii)

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by pboreham, 12 February 2009.

1. pboreham

pboreham Kick. Snare. Hat. Ride.

5 August 2002
    C*lchester
    Southend Utd
    Arrived today :)

Very good lightgun game, better graphics (though not great) than HOTD2/3 and more fun.

Got pickups in the game like slo-mo, which is cool as it allows you to get headshot combos.

Only played it a short time, but seems lots of unlocks and replay value.

Oh, and gratuitous swearing throughout. I appreciate what they tried to do with the whole 'Grindhouse' thing, but its VERY heavy on swearing, even text like "MUTHAFUKAHS" in the menus.

Grates a little bit as its OTT and just a warning if anyone is getting it to play with their kiddies...

2. pboreham

5 August 2002
    C*lchester
    Southend Utd
    Anyone else got this?

On a more dedicated play, then game is excellent - perfect lightgun game and great fun.

Me and my missus have gone through it twice on co-op now and still lots to unlock and the 'Directors Cut' mode after beating the game is an excellent addition (alternate and longer routes through the levels).

Recommend this to anyone with a Wii!

3. aitken

aitken International

29 July 2007
    Glasgow
    Manchester United
    looks like your alone on this one mate
    :COAT:

4. pboreham

5 August 2002
    C*lchester
    Southend Utd
    :LOL: Yup, I'd guessed that!!

5. cfdh_edmundo

cfdh_edmundo Maverick

30 December 2002
    I might get it if I can find it at a very cheap price.

6. cowden_harley

cowden_harley MOANING PRICK

3 October 2003
    Central Park
    Cowdenbeath FC
    this game is awesome. over the top humour. not for the easily offended. one of my favourite games of the year so far. I'm using the zapper to control and it's bang on.

7. pboreham

5 August 2002
    C*lchester
    Southend Utd
    YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!! The thread lives! :LOL:

I ordered the hand cannon from Amazon yesterday as the 2 handed zapper is pants (sold it today) - already got a Nyko Perfect Shot and they are awesome!

8. Yana

Yana R.I.P Fazzaday :(

2 March 2008
    Sheffield
    Chelsea
    We've been talking about this actually [among the other 234734 games we play at once!!] and I've had a ganders at that cannon cause I heard the zapper was crap and it does look fun. I used to play it in the arcades a lot. If I can find it for under £30 with the gun I'd buy it and dust my Wii off for it.