Hotmail email locked

Lami

Niche Football
28 May 2007
Sydney
Man Utd, Juve
I tried signing in first time and got a message saying,

You've tried to sign in too many times with an incorrect email address or password.

Tried my password a few times and still the same problem. Changed password twice to no avail.

Only just reported it. Is anyone else having this issue?

A whole lot of people with the same problem. Click.

That's one thread of many.

No idea what Microsoft are up to.

I think that happened to me when some idiots from school were trying to hack my account by guessing my password/secret question... After a couple of days I managed to get back on.

Probably not the cause for you though if others are having the same problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's the first thing that sprung to my mind. I don't know anyone who'll try and do that though? Certainly an idiot if its true.

I've reported it to an agent and got a reply that my details aren't correct so they won't validate anything.

Just great.

Only just reported it. Is anyone else having this issue?
A guy I know had the same problem since sunday after I formatted his HD and re-installed him Windows.
He said something like "see? you screwed it, it worked fine before you got your hands on my PC" then I logged in with my account to show him everything was working as expected.
I also thought he was typing the wrong password or (don't laugh, it happened to me at least twice) that the keyboard was set to a different language than Italian.
I've double-checked the keyboard settings and also made him type his password in notepad, to no avail :(

I guess it's just another case of what you reported then.

Mine is still working fine though.

There were literally 1000s of people with the same problem. I think Microsoft stuffed something up and realized that people asking for their accounts unlocked aren't trying to hack email accounts; there really is a problem. Thankfully they've unlocked mine the next day. Also realized they've been unlocking loads as well.

Back
Top Bottom