Holibobs!

Hey Pb, I'll ask my Thai friends tomorrow about the best beaches in Hua Hin. I'm staying at the Hyatt (free suite)!

Cool, cheers Matt! We looked at the Hyatt, but wasnt quite what we wanted. Looks really nice, but we wanted to get away from the 'corporate concrete jungles' as once you are in the room, you could be 'anywhere'.

Looking forward to hearing what your friends say though :)

Hey PB sorry for the late reply, been caught up with work recently.
I've been told by my good mate that 'PLAI' is a good beach, many others have recommended this beach as well. I'm going there next week actually, so I can confirm if that's a good beach, and also find out about the other beaches. I'll take some pics as well for you.

Hey PB I'm writing from Hua Hin beach as we speak and the weather is fantastic! The beaches here are very calm and nice with not many kids around. The food is great as well, and there are many shopping places as well. But maybe for two weeks it could get a bit boring here, unless you do plan to just relax for 2 weeks : ) If not I do suggest you go around Thailand since the domestic flights are rather cheap.

Hell our hotel is packed with old people wearing tight bikinis which is quite revolting. I'll upload some pics tomorrow of my stay in Hua Hin.

Sorry but old wrinkly skin tightly fastened by their bikini with their old saggy tits flopping around doesn't do it for me.

By the way Jay, you look like one of the refs in the EPL.

Hey PB I'm writing from Hua Hin beach as we speak and the weather is fantastic! The beaches here are very calm and nice with not many kids around. The food is great as well, and there are many shopping places as well. But maybe for two weeks it could get a bit boring here, unless you do plan to just relax for 2 weeks : ) If not I do suggest you go around Thailand since the domestic flights are rather cheap.

Cool, cheers Matt!

I was checking this thread every day, but gave up! :LOL:

So its a nice, quiet area then? Perfect! We just want to chill out completely - and there are plenty of excursions around if we get bored.

Were there any nice beaches that you were on? (white sands etc) as the ones I've seen of Hua Hin near where we are dont look very 'tropical'!

It's quite quiet, despite the main red light district obviously. But yes if you plan to chill out completely then you'll be fine over there. There are a few white sand beaches with many palm trees and what not, but they are very calm. I'll look into the names of these beaches this week and get back to you soon. But if you really are looking for the best beaches in Thailand you should take a look at Koh Phi Phi and Phuket despite them being the Tourist spots.

Given the news today (gov advising against travel to anywhere in Thailand) we are thinking of re-booking somewhere else.

Looking at £70 each to change to a new country for that date, which didnt think was too bad and if we go somewhere cheaper, then we get that money back anyways.

What do you reckon Matt, is this the sort of thing that will die down quickly?

Bloody Red Shirts, didnt think Butlins employees were that aggressive :(

Looks like back to square one on this thread! I dont think we are going to risk Thailand now, a lot of money to lose if we wait and something goes wrong nearer the time.

I'll look back over everyone's suggestions!

Why what's happened in Thailand? Is it just there or the whole area of Asia?

Civil war between the 'Red Shirt' protesters who are dug in in the middle of Bangkok and are trying to overthrow (or oust) the Prime Minister.

Keeps flaring up into riots and people are getting killed by gunfire, grenades etc.

The UK Government have said only 'essential travel' to ALL areas of Thailand and no insurance companies are insuring travellers to Thailand.

We have found a new holiday in Mauritius, so trying to change it Saturday.

Well to tell you the truth this situation is messy and is only in Thailand. But I would highly doubt this will go on until September but that is a matter of opinion. I live quite near where there were several grenades which killed a few people.

But looks like you've decided to go to Mauritius, if so hope it turns out well.

Thanks Matt - really gutted not going to Thailand - hoping to do it next year.

Looked at Mauritius, Maldives etc - cannot find anything we 100% like.

Just found a really nice holiday in Lindos (Greece) though and think we are going to go for that. Bit of a comedown from Thailand, but it should still be nice!

Hope you dont get caught up in the mess :(

Ah cool, I'm going to Malaysia next month, I think there was some stuff like that there too but I've not heard any warnings so hopefully it'll be fine.

Just to tie this off, went to Lindos in Rhodes in the end for 2 weeks. Was superb, absolutely perfect time to go - was hot, but not too hot, no bugs, sea was beautiful to snorkle in and hotel was amazing.

Going back next year :)

Yeah Lindos is really nice, was over there in May and visited the town one day. Went to Karpathos last month and that was really good aswell, smaller and quieter island then Rhodos but it had no Brits, and very few germans and dutch. Was mostly Italians and American Greeks so really felt like "abroad" as it were. Nice laid back island.

Back
Top Bottom