Holibobs!

pboreham

Kick. Snare. Hat. Ride.
5 August 2002
C*lchester
Southend Utd
Looking at booking a decent holiday sometime later in the year - anyone recommend somewhere decent?

Looking for a quiet, relaxing beach type holiday - ideally no kids around! :D

So far, looked at;

1) Sandals - quite expensive and not meant to be as good as advertised. Lots of beach weddings and when we are looking to go (around Sept) is still hurricane season!

2) Florida/Disney - Was the original choice, but thinks gonna be not relaxing enough. I've been before anyway.

3) Maldives - Too isolated

4) Canary Islands - Been before and quiet nice, so its certainly in the lead.

We've also looked into Texas as they are meant to have some of the nicest beaches in the world!

Ruling out (places I dont want to go!)

Greece, Turkey, Egypt, Africa and probably Australia (only due to the fact I've already been and you need at least 3 weeks to do it justice).

Any ideas please chaps and chapesses?

Come to Thailand - Bangkok is fantastic for shopping and there are many nice cultural places you can visit. Your wife would love it here. However, since you want the beach you should look at places like PHUKET, KO SAMUI and the PHI PHI Islands which are absolute paradise! I'm serious the weather, the beaches and the food is amazing here. And you don't find many kids coming here no more!

good luck.

Mauritius?

My mum and dad have been twice and absolutely adore it there.

Not a place to take your kids either.

Or from what I've seen of places like Phuket, it does look absolutely stunning, so maybe Thailand would be a good option as Matt suggested.

Yeah I have a friend who has family in Mauritius and he loves it. I have seen pictures and it is beautiful.

Another one of my friends married a girl from Mauritius and he has been a few times now and is thinking about living over there, because the place and the people are so beautiful.

I need to go to Mauritius!

Goa / Sri Lanka,

Similar to Maldives in distance but enough to go to see. Although I would choose Thailand/asia over those places.

Cheers guys!

Goa/Sri Lanka is a defo no tiky-tik, just never fancied those sort of places.

Maritius sounds ace and is on the list!

All I can say is if you come to Thailand, you will save A LOT of money for transportation and food, cost of living here is dirt cheap.

I was going to go to Thailand this year but my wife said Phuket.

Phuket is gorgeous! You'll love it, beaches, food and fun! But Bangkok is more of the city, you can go shopping and see some nice cultural places. Whereas, Phuket is all the beach, sun and relax.

I don't know about kids Nick! But there are still plenty of prostitutes (fine ones may I add) all over during night times. Plenty of bars and clubs around here as well, very easy to get in as well.

Come to Thailand - Bangkok is fantastic for shopping and there are many nice cultural places you can visit. Your wife would love it here. However, since you want the beach you should look at places like PHUKET, KO SAMUI and the PHI PHI Islands which are absolute paradise! I'm serious the weather, the beaches and the food is amazing here. And you don't find many kids coming here no more!

good luck.

Thailand is now top of the list!! :)

Looking at somewhere away from the touristy bits - somewhere like Hua Hin? Is that nice??

Also, looking last night said September is the worst time to go as the rainfall is really high and November is a good time - what do you think?

Looking at somewhere away from the touristy bits - somewhere like Hua Hin? Is that nice??

Also, looking last night said September is the worst time to go as the rainfall is really high and November is a good time - what do you think?

Yeah September is quite poor - but November is a good period to come. Hua Hin is near Bangkok (roughly 2 hours by car) and isn't full during November, however, if you want the best stunning beaches I do suggest Phuket. Despite being touristy November shouldn't be to bad at all! If you'd like to go somewhere with some scooba diving, snorkling then I'd suggest Koh Samui. But Hua Hin is great, it's peaceful and great beaches - with some nice night markets as well. I'm actually going there in 2 weeks.

In Mauritius they give anybody called Paul £2000 and if a kid comes near you, they quickly put it in a sack, drive it 3 miles away and release it.

What place is top of the list now? :DD

i have no idea who told you texas has some of the nicest beaches in the world, but that is not even close to any kind of reality. Not sure who is hating on portugal but the algarve is awesome.. however you might be turnend off by all the english since you english.. my suggestion would be luz on the southern coast of portugal, me and the wife loved that place. Or have you thought about the st martin, kits and nevis, the british virgin islands, or perhaps bermuda, one other thought is Charleston South Carolina or savannah Georgia, usa, september would be perfect for those places

Last edited:
Thanks for everyones help - booked up today for 2 weeks in Hua Hin for start of September.

If you are going Matt, we are staying at the Evason as it looks an ideal 'quiet' place, even though we have since found out the beach is pretty crappy at the resort - but there are nicer beaches nearby?

Looking forward to it!

Hua Hin actually means 'Party Central' I feel you have made a grave mistake!

The beach is crappy, because of all of the all night parties they have on it.

A popular phrase when visiting Hua Hin is actually "Hua Hin BABY!!" while downing a yard of vodka (It is customary)

Say goodbye to your sanity Pboreham.

Hua Hin actually means 'Party Central' I feel you have made a grave mistake!

The beach is crappy, because of all of the all night parties they have on it.

A popular phrase when visiting Hua Hin is actually "Hua Hin BABY!!" while downing a yard of vodka (It is customary)

Say goodbye to your sanity Pboreham.

Oh noooooooooes! :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom