HITMAN ABSOLUTION

Really enjoying this myself. Feels like the old Hitman games but mixed with modern day Splinter Cell a little bit.

Really enjoying this myself. Feels like the old Hitman games but mixed with modern day Splinter Cell a little bit.

Sold.

I'm leaving work to buy this game, right now......

Edit- Bought.

(The only games outside of PES and the UFC that I have any real time for are stealth shooters. I loved the original game and also Splinter Cell. The clincher was reading the post above and also the fact the game now has a duck and cover option. Beautiful. :) )

Last edited:
How long is the main campaign? i can rent games from friday morning to monday evening for 3 euros...so a couple of week ends are usually enough for the likes of uncharted, max payne etc etc.

The game looks like old school fun.

I managed to get a quick go of this last night, and it totally blew me away from the get-go. This is exactly what I've been looking and hoping for.

I started it on Normal level, just to get an idea of what's what. I'm new to any game outside of my comfort zone, so it will take me a while to get to grips with the controls etc.

I was wondering what people reckon is the best difficulty level to play on ? I fancy restarting the game on Hard, mainly because I like the challenge, and also, I found the Normal level A.I. to be a little stupid at times.

I want to be on the edge of my seat, always.......

Thought's ?

I managed to get a quick go of this last night, and it totally blew me away from the get-go. This is exactly what I've been looking and hoping for.

I started it on Normal level, just to get an idea of what's what. I'm new to any game outside of my comfort zone, so it will take me a while to get to grips with the controls etc.

I was wondering what people reckon is the best difficulty level to play on ? I fancy restarting the game on Hard, mainly because I like the challenge, and also, I found the Normal level A.I. to be a little stupid at times.

I want to be on the edge of my seat, always.......

Thought's ?
I started on Hard, as did the wife. She's dropped off to Normal but has a short temper :D It's challenging and I've encountered a few really tough moments, but some stern concentration and you get there. The only gripe I have been having (not sure whether difficulty-related) is that on a few occasions guards / police have spotted me hidden for example in a bin or cupboard when I arrived there way, way ahead of them. This was a bug back in the PS2 days too. Hugely frustrating especially when deep into a mission without a checkpoint.

The library was a bastard until I figured it out, as was the orphanage. Currently at the gunshop.

this game doesn't work on my system(windows vista 32bit).
no support 32bit system?
anyone who plays this game on 32bit system?

If I'm not mistaken, HA only supports DX10/11 cards. Do you happen to have a DX9 only graphics card?

Couple of missions into this now and I don't see why it had some poor reviews. It's not blood money, but the levels so far still feel like set pieces with multiple options and a lot of replay value.
Seems great so far.

Does Blood Money look decent on the 360? I wanted to give it a play before I pick this up down the track.
I don't have a 360, however I have read several times that a Hitman HD collection featuring Silent Assassin, Contracts and Blood Money will be released in the next few months. Might be worth waiting for that, if true. I'd definitely be grabbing it.

I started on Hard, as did the wife. She's dropped off to Normal but has a short temper :D It's challenging and I've encountered a few really tough moments, but some stern concentration and you get there. The only gripe I have been having (not sure whether difficulty-related) is that on a few occasions guards / police have spotted me hidden for example in a bin or cupboard when I arrived there way, way ahead of them. This was a bug back in the PS2 days too. Hugely frustrating especially when deep into a mission without a checkpoint.

The library was a bastard until I figured it out, as was the orphanage. Currently at the gunshop.

Cheers bud, I'm pretty hopeless at this game, but I really do love it.

I've remained on Hard Difficulty, but I'm still stuck on the 2nd level, King of Chinatown.... :CONFUSE:

Any tips on Hard ?

I don't have a 360, however I have read several times that a Hitman HD collection featuring Silent Assassin, Contracts and Blood Money will be released in the next few months. Might be worth waiting for that, if true. I'd definitely be grabbing it.

Sweet. Thanks for the heads up. I have plenty of games to keep me tied over in the meantime anyway.

Well after hours and hours of trying to complete the 2nd level, I ended up walking through it, and doing it in under 3 minutes. Why I never thought of that particular option before I'll never know. :CONFUSE:

Haha I've been there loads. It's terrible when you see something you an interact with but don't have a clue how to get it to work with your target. I'm sure some of these options are just there as red herrings.

Well after hours and hours of trying to complete the 2nd level, I ended up walking through it, and doing it in under 3 minutes. Why I never thought of that particular option before I'll never know. :CONFUSE:
Ha, so typical. Done that so many times already with this game. Wait until you get to the library though, and that's all I'm saying.:CONF:

Having completed the game earlier in the week, I'm now looking forward to the patch that IO Interactive are working on. It's said to alter how well the disguises work. I've definitely had too many experiences of enemies seeing through my disguise far too easily. Wearing a full body suit that covers your face shouldn't instantly get your disguise blown when walking past a guard who's looking 90° to the side. Once this is patched, I'll be playing through again on the next difficulty up from Hard. It's a lovely game.

Hitman absolution's first updates(v1.0.438.0) for PC version
just released on November 30th 2012

To get the patch, simply start up the game, Steam will automatically update you to the latest version.

This patches provides the following improvements:

- Players using the Russian language will no longer crash as soon as they use the sniper rifle.
- Various issues that have been seen on specific configurations that caused the game to not be able to start up at all have been addressed.
- Problems with the Sniper Challenge Unlocks not carrying over into Hitman: Absolution have been addressed. On first starting the patched game you will receive your unlocks.
o Note that North American users that have been provided the Sniper Challenge by Gamestop will need a separate unlock key in addition to this. Gamestop can provide these.
- Problems with negative level-scores have been fixed. Newly accomplished positive scores will be needed to erase your incorrectly remembered negative scores.
- A problem with keyboard and mouse controls where users would accidentally melee attack a person next to them when they intended to throw an item has been addressed.
- Legal and Intro movies can now be skipped immediately on startup after the game, on all launches but the very first on a machine.
- DirectX 10 hardware can now enable the simplest version of the Depth Of Field effect.
- Problems with audio occasionally being muted after ALT-TAB have been fixed.
- Various localization fixes.
- Miscellaneous other stability and general improvements based on crashes we have seen coming in.

Note that the above is really just our first set of fixes. We are continuing to monitor things and expect to provide further patches in the future.

We hope this patch will help everyone enjoy Hitman: Absolution!

A "similar patch" has now been released in Europe on console. Not yet seen a changelog.

In other news, I've created a contract that is both brain-teasing and hard-hitting. PS3 only.
700209985.jpg

another contract of mine.

Wrong Love

Our client is a talking teddy bear.
He sincerely wants to get out of the fetishism
from a fighter called Patriot who sleeps holding our client in the groin every night.
Retrieve the teddy bear(our client), and eliminate Patriot.
Good luck 47.

Contract Id : 3-1310--91733-MART
Platform : PC
Difficulty : Purist
Target : Patriot
Kill With Fiber Wire
Only Kill Target
Do Not Be Spotted
Hide All Bodies

my walkthrough
YouTube - Wrong Love Contract Walkthrough

PS. merry christmas folks:))

Last edited:
Only done first few levels and im loving it.

People say its not himtan etc..IMO its an advancement. People complain no map etc.

For me this makes it more immersive adn real, with no map its like in my mind i put myself in hitmans shoes and think which way will i go next,w where will i ggo as if im there IRL and have no map.

when there was a map u just used map to plan a route etc.

You can go gun crazy if u want but i die doing that i found it easier to be gun crazy in the old hitman games.

Splinter cell also kinda changed but maybe for the worse

Back
Top Bottom