HITMAN ABSOLUTION

I saw this on the 360 and forgot to mention it

The graphics on the HD trailer on the 360 are stunning

Looking forward to this as well, its been a while since i played a Hitman game

One of the best trailers I've ever seen in terms of 3d and lightning quality. Truly recommended.

SCREENS

155jeap.jpg

2ih4jee.jpg

2mycbw5.jpg

2pqmhki.jpg

2popshv.jpg

2m6q4wi.jpg

mtkyrm.jpg

33dz0gg.jpg

2m4osuq.jpg

14d3jme.jpg

15hy7p3.jpg

23iec1h.jpg

v2qzcg.jpg

16hqbns.jpg

ix5hg3.jpg

9qcpb9.jpg

My only fear is that they dumb down the game so any noobcan finish it. For what i read, that's the only risk, and seems quite probable. Much of the fun of the franchise was complexity of the missioons and the need to think to resolve them. I really really think that the kind of detective mode they added to it dont simply lighten what you should do...

Thanks for coming.:COOL:

My only fear is that they dumb down the game so any noobcan finish it. For what i read, that's the only risk, and seems quite probable. Much of the fun of the franchise was complexity of the missioons and the need to think to resolve them. I really really think that the kind of detective mode they added to it dont simply lighten what you should do...

Yeah that would be a concern, i cant remember but didnt Blood money have different difficulty settings?

The detective mode, is that the bit about seeing the footsteps of guards routes and alerting you when they are coming? I think this would make it too easy. What i loved about the last games was the unpredictability about it, and through trial & error you would crack the mission. I really hope this would be disabled on a more difficult setting.

Yep there were different difficulty settings.

Playing Pro, you had advanced AI, no help and above all NO SAVE!

Silent Assassin all the way!

Last edited:
Hitman has got to be one of the hardest games i've played

That's if you play it properly as a silent assassin though

Its very frustrating as well getting a long way only to be caught late on in the mission after all your time sneaking around

Yep there were different difficulty settings.
Playing Pro, you had advanced AI, no help and above all NO SAVE!
Silent Assassin all the way!

Hitman has got to be one of the hardest games i've played
That's if you play it properly as a silent assassin though
Its very frustrating as well getting a long way only to be caught late on in the mission after all your time sneaking around

Yes, but as in Demon's souls, it's one of the great things about the game. The high difficulty was not in the number of bullets you could sustain or the AI of the enemy, but on the conditions of play. And the feeling that you would have to play a mission many many times to discover all that you could do was what lured me to play them. I just love games in which you are not told what to do and you have to discover things.

The detective mode, is that the bit about seeing the footsteps of guards routes and alerting you when they are coming? I think this would make it too easy. What i loved about the last games was the unpredictability about it, and through trial & error you would crack the mission. I really hope this would be disabled on a more difficult setting.

Not only footsteps and all that, but also I read that you could enter the detective mode to highlight items you could use, etc... I DON'T want to see items ihghlighted in any way. I want to discover by myself what I can or can't do, and have surprises lik "oh, I can use this to do that or create a diversion!". I don't know, for some reason I fear that this could be goty material but they will dumb it down for the masses. Let's hope there's still a silent assassin mode and you can play without this detective mode. It made sense in Batman (though it made the game too easy at times), but I don't want sci-fi elements tied to the agent 47.

Wouldn't mind the trailer if it wasn't Agent 47 as the star. It started well before the nuns arrived and then off it went, OTT. I've seen a dev interview explaining that it isn't related the core experience of the game and was made to simply promote Agent 47 before more gameplay is shown at E3.

They could've done better.

I that those who love the real Hitman games will still be able to play it the same way, sadly if they marketed the game 100% like that it just wouldn't sell, too many thick as pig shit gamers out there.

Gameplay looks bloody mint, plus I saw a CVG article saying that a hands-on experience felt very old-school too. My fears are fading.

The rumours of a Hitman HD collection (Silent Assassin, Contracts & Blood Money) are sending my scrotum to trouser space ratio all kinds of alarming

I received my game yesterday and I can confirm for the ones with doubt that the formula is still there. And it's even better.
The choice is yours: you can play stealth (with no checkpoint nor indication) or you can be a death machine if you like.

The few reviews I've looked at have slated it. It sounds terrible. How could they go from blood money which was near perfect to this ?

Don't know why I bother looking forward to game releases anymore, it's like all the game series I loved are just getting worse. No decent Splinter Cell, or Hitman now if those reviews are true, I don't understand when thinking while playing a game became out dated. Strange that the console and PC reviews are so different, but I'm inclined to take the PC ones more seriously.

Just read a few zombieU reviews and that's getting the same crazy mixed bag of reviews. I know it's all opinions, but you'd assume a game gets low because it genuinely is poor, not that the reviewer didn't like racing games or some other personal reason for knocking points off.

The more I read on this, the more it seems like the online contracts mode is going to provide blood money levels of fun. So it's almost like a cod/battlefield game.... Ignore the single player, the fun is in mp.

Most of the reviewers did not even try purist mode.
I m currently mission 4 and I never shot once...

i really like it so far, but i need to get the english language pack asap. is it already out on live? that german voiceover is horrid

Had an hour on this early this morning and found it to be pretty darn nice. Graphics are lovely and Hitman feels like Hitman so far. Liked the ice cream van opener.

Back
Top Bottom