1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

Help Setting Up Online play

Discussion in 'Pro Evolution Soccer' started by russellclow, 23 October 2005.

1. russellclow

russellclow Conference

23 September 2004
    Hey Guys,

After bagging my copy of PES5, I'm quite interested in getting it set up for online play. However, I've tried setting up my PS2 for online play before with Burnout: Takedown, and failed miserably. Let me explain my set-up, and see if anyone else had the same set-up and how to fix it. (I will be trying to set up online play 2morrow probably, haven't tried it with PES5 yet)

I have all the hardware required on the PS2 end. I have a 4MB broadband connection, linked on my main machine, with my other 2 machines linked up to the main one via LAN cables and a HUB. They Internet connection share with the main one.

I remember when I linked up the PS2 to the HUB when I had burnout: Takedown, it would recognise the connection and I could set it up etc, but then when I tried connecting to the online server via Burnout, It froze. I'm expecting the same to happen with PES5.

Anyone have the same connection as mine who could explain to me exactly how to set it up step by step so that when I go to connecting it all up 2morrow, I can own u all at PES5? :>

Appreciate the help.

Russ

2. timsmith10000

timsmith10000 LEICESTER CITY!

18 August 2003
    Leicester
    yet another online thread. Mate look down the list of threads there are about 10 asking how to set up ps2 for online

3. russellclow

russellclow Conference

23 September 2004
    Yeh sorry I didnt actually notice that. I didnt bother looking - just posted. Stupid really :/

However. I have now looked - and still have no idea how to fix my problem :/

EDIT: Ok I've tested it out. I get to the Verifying DNAS screen, it flashes that message for about 4 minutes, then says:

DNAS Error (-402)
    A Playstation 2 disk information error has occured. Please contact your local Playstation Customer Care line on the number provided in the software manual for assistance.

Last edited: 24 October 2005
  4. Clockender

Clockender is back...but for how long?

27 November 2001
    East Lower, Block 13
    Arsenal FC
    Silly question, but have you tried contacting the Playstation Customer Care Line?

5. MonkeyJug

MonkeyJug Guest

have you tried cleaning the disk? or trying someone else's game?

6. truebluenose

truebluenose Guest

7. fishcake

fishcake Premiership

1 January 2003
    L4

8. mattster12

mattster12 All-round Bastard

11 April 2005
    To play a backup online with a chip installed you need to patch the backup iso with the disc id from your original copy.

9. slatts78

slatts78 Guest

can you please tell me how to get online im from ireland!!!