1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

HELP : Multiple Installs for Multiple patches

Discussion in 'Pro Evolution Soccer - PC' started by jasper_b, 25 June 2006.

1. jasper_b

jasper_b Non-League

10 November 2005
    Multiple Installs for Multiple patches

Can this be done?
    EG - Have one game database dedicated to the "ledgends" patch and one dedicated to the "powerpatch" say.

I would appreciate any form of help. thanks in advance :)

2. Citizen Erased

Citizen Erased Non-League

10 December 2003
    England
    Yes, but I am not sure how. The world cup patch does this automatically :)

3. jonross

jonross Non-League

2 October 2005
    yes it can be done. what you do is install the patches into separate folders (e.g. Program Files\KONAMI\Pro Evolution Soccer 5\patch or whatever).

Then, you go to Start>>Run and type in "regedit".

When the window opens up go to KONAMIPES5>>PES5

Right click in the window with all the registry keys and choose New>>String Value

Right click on that string value and choose "Modify Binary Data"

When the window pops up type in the path to the folder where the patch is installed. Click OK.

Rename the key with any name that is exactly 10 characters long (the default key is called installdir and we need to replace it in a minute)

open up PES5.exe in the folder you installed your patch with a hex editor (I use XVI32, it's free, just google it). Find where it says "installdir" and replace those characters ONLY with the name of the new registry key you created. Save and exit.

Then you're done!!