HELP : Konami patch deleted my kits!!

jus2nang

Non-League
10 December 2008
Ok, I was using 1.2 (PC). I downloaded a patch/option file from somebody that put the kits on in a way that meant I couldn't edit them afterwards (prob using kitserver or whatever).

So the kits looked extra real. Since then I've done a whole load of editing (adding teams, players etc to the "other teams" section).

I then downloaded the latest patch on recommendation from my friend that it would not change anything (so I could get the new England & France kits) and it changed all the kits back to default and deleted all the players from the teams I did myself!

I still have the edit file backed up on my PC, but I need to know how I can get back to 1.2.

I have re-installed the game, but when I go to "download" it only has the latest patch and not 1.2.

Anybody know what I can do?

lol haha
Just download 1.2 patch (google it)
obviously install the game without any updates, when it finishes click on the 1.2 patch exe

lol haha
Just download 1.2 patch (google it)
obviously install the game without any updates, when it finishes click on the 1.2 patch exe

Any time I download a 1.2 patch it just updates to 1.4 anyway. Is there a file that I can look for and just delete? Or is there any way to just install 1.2 without getting 1.4?

Install 1.2 patch, then do the rest of the update manually.

http://rapidshare.com/files/186809934/konami_update.rar - 1.20 ingame download files

pinfo.img and pdata.img -> X:\Program Files\KONAMI\Pro Evolution Soccer 2009\img

cv0f.img -> C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\KONAMI\Pro Evolution Soccer 2009\download

Have fun.

Thanks. So I do this at 1.0? Or will this enable me to roll back from 1.4?

I don't have a ....\KONAMI\Pro Evolution Soccer 2009/download folder, I have a "save" folder and a "PES2009Patch120" folder.

Should I just create the download folder??

I'm not sure about rolling back ...

The best way:
1. clean install
2. install official 1.2 update
3. manual "1.20 ingame download" instead of real ingame download

Hmmm, about not having ...\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\KONAMI\Pro Evolution Soccer 2009/download folder ... I'm not 100% sure, but you should have such a folder, even with clean 1.0 installation (but cv0f.img that comes with 1.0 is "dummy" cv0f.img, basically an empty placeholder for future versions)

Could it be that you have hidden system folders? For winXp, open Windows Explorer and choose Tools > Folder Options > tab View > "Show hidden files and folders".

Still no such folder? Then create path KONAMI\Pro Evolution Soccer 2009\download under ...\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\

I'm not sure about rolling back ...

The best way:
1. clean install
2. install official 1.2 update
3. manual "1.20 ingame download" instead of real ingame download

Hmmm, about not having ...\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\KONAMI\Pro Evolution Soccer 2009/download folder ... I'm not 100% sure, but you should have such a folder, even with clean 1.0 installation (but cv0f.img that comes with 1.0 is "dummy" cv0f.img, basically an empty placeholder for future versions)

Could it be that you have hidden system folders? For winXp, open Windows Explorer and choose Tools > Folder Options > tab View > "Show hidden files and folders".

Still no such folder? Then create path KONAMI\Pro Evolution Soccer 2009\download under ...\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\

I'm using vista so the path created is C:\my name\documents\KONAMI\Pro Evolution Soccer 2009\...

I suppose I'll just search for the cv0f.img file after the installation and copy the new one over it, where ever it lies. Thanks for this help by the way...:SAL:

Ah, Vista has it all different, off course :)

download folder is supposed to be at:
C:\ProgramData\KONAMI\Pro Evolution Soccer 2009\download

Ah, Vista has it all different, off course :)

download folder is supposed to be at:
C:\ProgramData\KONAMI\Pro Evolution Soccer 2009\download

Ah thanks, found the folder.

However it still doesn't work... The game is still 1.0. Is there something I'm missing?

1) install official 1.2 update

2) replace: pinfo.img and pdata.img -> X:\Program Files\KONAMI\Pro Evolution Soccer 2009\img

3) replace: cv0f.img -> C:\ProgramData\KONAMI\Pro Evolution Soccer 2009\download

Is there something I'm not doing?

You need 1.2 OF or entire 1.2-compatible patch too.

With above mentioned steps taken for granted (clean 1.0 install + your steps 1), 2) and 3) ), you're still stuck with 1.0 OF.

That should be it (+/- some possible Vista-related nonsense, but I can't really help you there - I'm XP user :) )

I've got it working, plus the patch that I had before, so I have my kits back plus the kits and teams I edited afterwards.

zlac, a big thanks for your help. I really didn't feel like playing the game after losing all my stuff.

:WORSHIP:

Back
Top Bottom