Heading in BAL

gram1978

Non-League
10 August 2007
I might be just being stupid, but suddenly my player can't head in the box (shooting).

I say suddenly, I did start with a new player - but my original was only in his first season (I'd set the leagues up incorrectly and it winds me up so had to restart) and had no trouble notching with his head.

What generally happens is I get in a good position, press the shoot button while the cross is coming over and whilst I'm trying to direct it my player runs off when heading it in would be easier :RANT:

Is it likely to be a skills thing, some sort of responsiveness issue or have I just become a moronic striker? I've had a mess about in training and heading in that seems okay (most of the time), but it's a different control method so comparisons aren't totally valid.

I bow down to the superior knowledge of the forum :WORSHIP:

Oh, and many thanks in advance.

what i do is press the shoot button but with no direction, once the player takes off press the direction you want to head it in

what i do is press the shoot button but with no direction, once the player takes off press the direction you want to head it in

Cheers.

That's pretty much what I've been trying. I don't have to do that for pass button headers though, and I'm sure it wasn't happening before.

I'm still hopeful that as my player improves it's something he'll get the hang of. You never know :COOL:

Last edited:
i had the same problem, but i realised i was touching the R2 button (RT in xbox pad) to call for the ball while trying to head it. IF you do that then you cant shoot, you should wait for the cross instead of asking for it.

Back
Top Bottom