Have the Responsiveness issues been fixed?

Star_Ruler

Conference
19 February 2007
I've been quite inactive for some time now, i pretty much abandoned the game since it came out and i found out that the players move like robots :CONFUSE: and dont respond when you press buttons

Anyway, just wanted to ask if there are any patches that have been released to take care of the slow responsive issues? or any settings that i need to change? thanks.

same thing just like you said still robotics are in process terminator 5 will be better response issues are the same 1.3 patch has done nofing

I've been quite inactive for some time now, i pretty much abandoned the game since it came out and i found out that the players move like robots :CONFUSE: and dont respond when you press buttons

Anyway, just wanted to ask if there are any patches that have been released to take care of the slow responsive issues? or any settings that i need to change? thanks.

I never had problems with the response of the controls, neither now that I use the patch 1.3 when they used version 1.0 of the game ..
If your PC meets the recommended requirements, in all the hardware, (you can verify it by SETTING.exe of the game)

there is no such problem ...
If the game runs at 60 frames per second (use fraps to see your framerate), the movements do not resemble those of a robot, and controls are perfectly ...

Remember, that always on the PC, to be able to play PES to its full potential, both graphical and total management of the AI, the hardware must be at least as suggested by Konami and not even considered the minimum, because the latter are needed only to sell the game, who otherwise do not buy it ... issues of marketing ...

PS: however if you have this problem with your computer, "try" using a tool such as gamebooster before you start the game.
If you use XP as the operating system, also try to go on DIRECTXDIAG, and under the Sound, moves to the left the hardware sound acceleration level to basic ...

Last edited:
well, I don't really know, but I don't have such problems. I tought that first too when I just started to play PES, but after I playd almost 500 matches, not vs computer but vs real person (well, that was my roommate) I found out that responsiveness is quite good. When you are running slowly player react pretty fast, but in sprint it take some time to react. And when you press shoot button if the player is right footed and ball is not on his right foot, in many situations you must wait(with players that are not such great as today's superstars) until his better foot is in position. It looks very realistic for me tough.

I hope you understand what I mean....

well, I don't really know, but I don't have such problems. I tought that first too when I just started to play PES, but after I playd almost 500 matches, not vs computer but vs real person (well, that was my roommate) I found out that responsiveness is quite good. When you are running slowly player react pretty fast, but in sprint it take some time to react. And when you press shoot button if the player is right footed and ball is not on his right foot, in many situations you must wait(with players that are not such great as today's superstars) until his better foot is in position. It looks very realistic for me tough.

I hope you understand what I mean....

I'd pretty much agree with that. It feels weird/unresponsive at first, but it is probably realistic. The controls seem unresponsive if the action you are trying to perform is unsuitable/impossible given your player's current situation. If you're jogging slowly you can turn or pass in any direction easily and quickly. With sprint held down, you need to think further ahead.

Online there are button-response issues if you or your opponant have a bad connection, but that's a different kettle of fish altogether.

Energia talked crap. I have smooth 60fps at high setting and the game is unresponsive. Patches made it slightly better, but response is still an issue off line. On line is pretty much unplayble.

60 fps is not the only condition ... Depending by hardware... Does all your hardware is in blue color (good) by setting.exe?
It could be the CPU...
however, if all your hardware is seen as good and you have a problem, there is definitely something to fix in your operating system ... Perhaps you have some process that interferes with the game ... or maybe your gamepad has problems with drivers ...

PS: the online unresponsive depending by connection and by lags, you have to test the responsive only offline...

Last edited:
I think those who don't recognize the responsiveness problem are too insensitive or so good at playing PES that they always press buttons 1 or more seconds before possessing the ball.

I think those who don't recognize the responsiveness problem are too insensitive or so good at playing PES that they always press buttons 1 or more seconds before possessing the ball.

I disagree. I don't really think there is a responsiveness problem. It's logical - if you are running with the ball, you can't kick it if you are mid-stride, so there is a momentary delay. If you are walking the delay is shorter, naturally. If you recieve a pass and want to immediately pass it in some unlikely direction, you need a moment to shift your weight, adjust your body positon, etc, and even moreso if your body is carying any momentum. You also can't turn 180 degrees in an instant, etc, etc. It makes sense to me at least. . . The kind of instant responsiveness some people seem to want sounds unrealistic/arcadey to me.

have you ever tried to close control the ball and do faints or all the promised things that never can be done with the response issues?

Yes, they all seem to work as I imagine they are intended to.

I don't know, maybe you guys play the game differently to me, or are analysing it more closely, but to me it feels quite natural. The player I am controling generally does what I want/expect him to do. Can't ask for much more than that...

60 fps is not the only condition ... Depending by hardware... Does all your hardware is in blue color (good) by setting.exe?
It could be the CPU...
however, if all your hardware is seen as good and you have a problem, there is definitely something to fix in your operating system ... Perhaps you have some process that interferes with the game ... or maybe your gamepad has problems with drivers ...

PS: the online unresponsive depending by connection and by lags, you have to test the responsive only offline...

My hardware is good enough I have an overclocked Q6600 @ 3.0Ghz, with nvidia 8800GT SuperClocked, as well as 4GB Ram, and a fresh Windows Vista x64 bit. I doubt that's the problem. I use a PS2 controller with the USB converter, and it's ran silky smooth for all other PES games i've played. I've been playing since PES4 came out, and loved every single iteration (I could even stomach 2008), but this is just unplayable. I'm not asking for too much realism in my game, if I want realism, I could easily go outside and play the real thing. It's a GAME and as such there should be a comfortable balance between realism and FUN. PES2009 almost achieved that, except for a few problems it had like the keeper AI issues. Bottom line is, they went too far with this realism crap and i think as shitty as FIFA is this year on the PC, it's still a better game, IMHO. (That doesn't mean i'm playing it tho :D)

/rant

I think this is your thought, but perhaps you might also wonder whether the problem is not just yours, before you think that there are people like me who is feeling with the sensibility of the game before you even know me, not knowing I play PES on the PC from the first chapter and I have tested for years on different PCs with different answers, optimizing my PC only and exclusive "for this game ... I DO NOT HAVE THE PROBLEMS OF RESPONSE CONTROLS sorry for you ...:YAWN:

I use a PS2 controller with the USB converter,
/rant
I remember that in the past in some cases there were delays of commands to those used in the converter and gamepad ps2 ... not exclude that the cause is just this ... PES has unfortunately always been a game in hand, since the Japanese were accustomed to greatly increase over consoles ...
Again, I play with an xbox360 controller for windows and I have no problem ...

Last edited:
I was annoyed by the so called Responsiveness issue in the beginning but then I got used to it.Now I think it adds to realism just like jaykayzer is saying.

the game sure is more realistic, its patience game now, in game tactics really is just like the real thing, sometimes when the player has the ball all im saying is he loses it unnecessarily and at that moment the animation looks funny, this ads to and again that slight responsiveness in dribbling the ball, also the player really does look like his a robot at times more smoothness is needed to hide any funny animations, players like messi ronaldo arda must stand out from the crowd

Yes, there are some weird animations. When someone steals the ball from a player, that player stops. But in reality a man in that situation accelerates to try and steal the ball back.

A lot ot times COM teammates act like they don't know where the ball or the opponents are, stopping, turning, non-running, etc.

In BAL mode, when there is a high ball, sometimes my player runs towards it, even if there is a teammate that is running too. I am forced to use supercancel to stop him. Sometimes stupid teammates don't cross, or occupy my space... that's poor AI!

"Yes, there are some weird animations. When someone steals the ball from a player, that player stops. But in reality a man in that situation accelerates to try and steal the ball back"

Konami Take Note.

somehow i cant stand this game as if its been over done or something those funny step overs and faints and sudden haults while standing and dribbling sorry but look very robotic, i really miss 2009 now, game is so fast too you dont know whats around the corner by the time you turn.

I've tried and tried with this game but even after 1.03 I still hate it (but much respect to Juce and Robbie and pesedit). Just a few things that need improving imo.

Through balls (still), any player can knock a simple through ball even a fucking pub team player so I fail to see why aguero, giggs or gourcuff knock the fucking ball 20 yards too far!!

Crossing - is it just me or do crosses just go to the far post or the keeper. Bring back the old system, for corners also. This version sucks (and I have read the manual).

Dribbling, turning etc. As mentioned by many of you it's like not being in control at all. Play an older version in the Pes series then come back to this one and you'll understand. Nuff said!!

Plus points...er....penalties, the look of the game, menus etc much cleaner, better fonts but I'd swap all this for better gameplay.

Right, now that's off my chest I think I'll get back to my eggs.

I've tried and tried with this game but even after 1.03 I still hate it (but much respect to Juce and Robbie and pesedit). Just a few things that need improving imo.

Through balls (still), any player can knock a simple through ball even a fucking pub team player so I fail to see why aguero, giggs or gourcuff knock the fucking ball 20 yards too far!!

Crossing - is it just me or do crosses just go to the far post or the keeper. Bring back the old system, for corners also. This version sucks (and I have read the manual).

Dribbling, turning etc. As mentioned by many of you it's like not being in control at all. Play an older version in the Pes series then come back to this one and you'll understand. Nuff said!!

Plus points...er....penalties, the look of the game, menus etc much cleaner, better fonts but I'd swap all this for better gameplay.

Right, now that's off my chest I think I'll get back to my eggs.

I think you also made a good point concerning the through balls, It's also a pain in the ass at times. I have no idea why they decided to change this system, :CONFUSE:

There are lots of unnecessary changes that they brought ("in the name of realism") which broke the game for me, right now I can only hope that '11 (if it's coming out) will resemble the old gameplay style.

Absolutely. The whole success of the series is down to the playability and this version is trying to be too clever. I think the tactics you can choose (sliders etc) are a huge improvement but seems a waste of time if a cheeky through ball by a ANY top player goes miles away from the target or straight to the keeper. I'm back on 2009 playing against a mate as at least it's not as frustrating.
Don't get me started on the way players change direction (that twatty turn thing when they put their foot on the ball and take an absolute fucking age to turn. Utter shite - I've never seen a player turn like that in my life!!!
Lets hope these little things (and they are little to be honest) are changed cause there's a bloody good game in there somewhere.
Oh, lets not forget the AI. I was 2-0 up against some team with 10 mins left and they passed it around the back 4 for 5 mins. What happened to a bit of urgency from them. A big hoof into the box to the big fella, that's classic last ditch football anywhere in the world!!

Back
Top Bottom