Hasn't anyone noticed ?

spectrum234

Non-League
8 November 2006
Anyone noticed how the cpu players ( PS3 ) very rarely go down the wing, and when they do go wider, they mostly always cut inside or pass inside ? This happens even when I set the teams Game Plan/tactics to play wide, and with player support set to wing play.
Notice how the attacking player NEVER GOES TO THE BYLINE and crosses. The crosses are ALWAYS from a deep position i.e. near the edge of the box. Amazingly, this means that there are virtually never any headers made on MY goal !!! That's right - I have hardly seen ANY, repeat ANY ( attacking ) headers made at my goal. Konami it seems, have completely left them out of the game. Crazy ! How could they overlook such a basic and fundamental part of football ?
It would appear this is a major programming error from the developers. Don't they properly playtest the game to discover these bugs, before they release it for sale ?
Perhaps I'm doing something wrong, but I can't see what.Anyone suggest what can be done ?

Yeah, I've noticed. In general, I would say that the opposition AI in the game is the most disappointing part of the game. I find it hard to play certain teams (I usually have problems with Inter & Newcastle for instance), but usually, like for instance against Man UTD, there's no problem at all dominating the game completely. You can of course draw or even lose these games that you dominate due the opposition scoring on one of thos fluke attacks they tend to have (either some crazy free kick or some absolutely horrible mistake by your goalie), but you very rarely feel like there's a real fight to win games often (at least when you're playing with a half decent team, I usually play with Spurs).

I've had headers against me though, but mostly from set pieces. I haven't really ever noticed that the opposition charges down the flanks either.

Back
Top Bottom