Halo 3 - Official Topic

hey everyone, I'm actually working in a Microsoft callcenter in Mexico and we are receiving TONS of calls because of Halo3! I guess it's not working as expected :s

Some US customers queuing up to splash out hard-earned dollarbucks on Halo 3 have returned home to find their discs unreadable.

The main offender seems to be the Limited Edition of the game, which comes in a metallic casing without a knobbly protrusion to hold the DVD in place. Because of this, disgruntled fans are reporting heavy scratching on their copies.
Advertisement

However, some buyers of both the normal and super-expensive Legendary Edition are also experiencing problems. These don't seem to be caused by obvious physical damage to the discs, although some are appearing discoloured. The problem, though, is the same: the game is unreadable past a certain point.

Perhaps it was to be expected with such a large quantity of copies being produced, although the Limited Edition casing does seem like an oversight.

Microsoft was unavailable for comment at the time of writing. We're expecting to hear back soon, but if not then we'll grill them at the London launch event tonight.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=84162

Hopefully my copy my works fine when i get it tonight. Think best bet would be to play campaign until its done, or maybe check out the new maps for multiplayer, and wait for tomorrow for some co-op action so I aint lonely :P

Cause some might be talking about what happens in the story and ruin it for me :( :)

You're going to a midnight launch? I couldn't be bothered doing one of those ... though if they did one for FIFA, and I had the following day off work, it could be a different story :)

MS will replace any damaged disks for free. My CD was loose with a few minor scratches. I haven't looked myself as I am away, but the wife has said it is ok and works. I will see for myself tomorrow.

Some US customers queuing up to splash out hard-earned dollarbucks on Halo 3 have returned home to find their discs unreadable.

The main offender seems to be the Limited Edition of the game, which comes in a metallic casing without a knobbly protrusion to hold the DVD in place. Because of this, disgruntled fans are reporting heavy scratching on their copies.
Advertisement

However, some buyers of both the normal and super-expensive Legendary Edition are also experiencing problems. These don't seem to be caused by obvious physical damage to the discs, although some are appearing discoloured. The problem, though, is the same: the game is unreadable past a certain point.

Perhaps it was to be expected with such a large quantity of copies being produced, although the Limited Edition casing does seem like an oversight.

Microsoft was unavailable for comment at the time of writing. We're expecting to hear back soon, but if not then we'll grill them at the London launch event tonight.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=84162

Happened to mine. Idiots

Same problem for a lot of the limited edition games they use those stupid sponge inserts then the disc's fall of and get scratched.

Another 360 limited editing game had a huge problem like that i think it was Oblivion

Same problem for a lot of the limited edition games they use those stupid sponge inserts then the disc's fall of and get scratched.

Another 360 limited editing game had a huge problem like that i think it was Oblivion

Yea mine is scratched. Dont like the game much a bit too similar to the other two. Bungie taking the safe route.

How this got 10/10 i dont know. I guess online is the most important thing.

halo3discscratch.jpg

Lol with my normal edition which was sealed by the way, the disc fell out of the holder but the damage wasn't as bad as that.

Last edited:
Fifa would never get a midnight launch, Halo 3 is such a bigger game! Haha, its the 360 selling point.

Apparently Pharrell Williams has gone to London to help sell the game, and buying the first one somewhere, as he is a Halo fanatic, nice!

Wooop getting it soon, lol even my mate who isnt into shooters saw the demo somewhere in town today, got a text am I getting it, the demo is erectifying, and that he is playing it before we go out for footy tomoz, cant wait, need one more controller though! for 4 player lol!

WOOOOOOOOOP!!!

Got the game, Woooooo, and got a new controller, so now have the perfect amount of 4, cant wait till tomorrow, gonna have to try it now aswell woooooo! :D

Not quite done the first level yet, I think so far it looks pretty impressive, check out the detail on some of the leaves. Things I have noticed so far though, kinda disappointed with the Assault Rifle as such, seems much weaker than what it was in Halo, but why make the gun weaker and reduce its chamber........ :( On the other hand, the Battle Rifle feels much more solid, and can knock down Brutes fairly well. Needler, again they have reduced its power, and can no longer be dual wielded..... tis hardly even worth using on Grunts!!! Enjoying it so far, but a little underwhelmed with some of my favourite weapons from the series. Oh yeah, Sniper Rifle is still as cool as fuck though.

Well when I pick my copy up on Friday, I'll check the disc while I'm in the store so I can swap it straight away if it's scratched up. I might pick up Skate instead of Halo though to be honest.

I aint even got to play it properly, I looked at some levels on multiplayer (well impressed with the new zanzibar it is looking and is gonna be excellent online, no coagulation/blood gulch remake, nor any big snow level like containment/sidewinder which I really was hoping for :( also no remake of beaver creek etc :() and also checked out the first level on campaign, looks pretty good so far, the graphics arent like exactly blow you away, but looks very very nice still.

I aint even got to play it properly, I looked at some levels on multiplayer (well impressed with the new zanzibar it is looking and is gonna be excellent online, no coagulation/blood gulch remake, nor any big snow level like containment/sidewinder which I really was hoping for :( also no remake of beaver creek etc :() and also checked out the first level on campaign, looks pretty good so far, the graphics arent like exactly blow you away, but looks very very nice still.

I expect them to be on the disk already and in a months time they will charge you £6 to have them as new DLC

they are M$ after all

Another thing, people are saying that PES 2008 is just an updated version of PES6, isnt Halo 3 just an update of Halo 1 and 2?

I cant see any difference apart from weapons and maps

All sequels are updated version of the last.

But with Halo, its such a good multiplayer game, all you need is new maps, it to look better and a tweak in controls and you got yourself a new game, but this is worth it, aint played it online, but the features and new playlists are amazing, that I remember from the beta.

More importantly, PES doesnt have a story mode, where this does, we have been waiting 3 years or so to finish the fight and damn well thats what we are gonna do, and then muliplayer you gonna expect people to play this solid for another 10 years :D

So overall difference, imroved controls, different hud layout and the addition of the x button for the bubble shield, air lift, shield dispenser, map jammer etc which is amazing, tweaks and different weapons, new vehicles, new different amazing onlien features, different editi ng features for your character, and then you get to finish the fight!

4 player co-op and 4 players from one 360 online :D Cant beat that!

Back
Top Bottom