GTA IV - NON-SPOILER THREAD

If you are on Rockstar Games’ mailing list, you should’ve received the information that the much awaited trophies for Grand Theft Auto IV are coming out on Monday, October 27. The trophies won’t be retroactive though, meaning it won’t just unlock the trophies by loading your save file.

Will you start over just for the sake of trophies?

List of trophies
http://ps3trophies.co.uk/trophy.php?forumid=117

Ooo sounds good!! I'm wanting to go through the game again anyway so I look forward to this. I notice they are out the same day LBP goes online. :)

I've just be to RG Social Club and apparently I'm infected... And there's an announcement about zombies to the left. I'm confused.

A USA Today report is the setting for the announcement of Grand Theft Auto IV's long-awaited piece of downloadable content. Titled "Lost and Damned", the DLC will be available on February 17, and will leave Niko's story behind (though he will make a few cameo appearances) to follow the exploits of Johnny Klebitz, a member of the Lost biker gang that the game's radio channels liked to talk about so much.

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/gaming/2008-11-19-gta-damned_N.htm

More from the GTA IV PC video editor

Following on from the success of the last round of shorts created with the Grand Theft Auto IV PC video editor, Rockstar has sent forth another couple of its custom creations.

As you undoubtedly know by now, the PC release of GTA IV allows you to capture 30-40 seconds of footage at the touch of a button and then load up an editing suite to turn it into your own mini opus.

Thanks to a system of tags appended to the timeline for each vid, you can change camera angles and movements, add filters, mess with the text, music and speech, adjust the speed of playback and more.

When we went to Rockstar to check it out the other day, we were able to transform a minor skirmish on the streets of Algonquin into an epic tale of love, loss and explosions to rival anything Michael Mann's ever done. It's a shame you'll never get to see the video we made, obviously.

Still, we can at least show you the two latest efforts from Rockstar Toronto now that we've rambled for enough paragraphs to get the in-article video window embed to clear the bottom of the monstrous box the tech team plunges into the right side of all of our PC posts. Not that we're bitter or anything.

Oh, and the full game's due out on 3rd December, which is a Wednesday. Those crazy kids!

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=313104

-

Wow!

only a couple more days to go...i played it a lot on the ps3 but i am still excited to see this on pc.

First screens of GTA IV: The Lost and Damned DLC

gta4.thelostanddamned.logo.490.jpg

Following yesterday's news in USA Today, Rockstar has officially announced the first of two DLC episodes for the Xbox 360 version of Grand Theft Auto IV, titled "The Lost and Damned." The first high-res screens of the episode are out, along with a bare minimum of new details.

In addition to what yesterday's report contained – that players will control a new lead character, Johnny Klebitz, a biker with Liberty City motorcycle club The Lost – today's announcement confirms that the episode will contain "new missions that offer an entirely fresh way to explore Liberty City," along with new vehicles, weapons, multiplayer modes, and music.

The episode arrives via Xbox Live Marketplace on Feb. 17, and (obviously) requires the original GTA IV to play. We've been wondering if a Gold account will be required as well, but Rockstar's announcement merely mentions an Xbox Live account as a prerequisite for download. So ... let's hear your theories on the plot.

the-lost-4.jpg

the-lost-3.jpg

the-lost-2.jpg

the-lost-1.jpg

Decided to go back and try this one again now it has trophies and it still looks amazing. The graphics are up there with the best of them, even close up everything looks clean and crisp.

I forgot how hard it was to control the vehicles though... I seem to be sliding around like a car on ice at times... was it always this bad or is this just the learning curve starting again for me?

A quick non spoiler question for anyone who has finished the game

How many hours did it take you?
One of the trophies is to complete it under 30 hours and I'm just wondering if thats a tough trophy to get and i should really hammer the game to get that - or if its a easy trophy providing you dont run around screwing around and then saving a lot.

Decided to go back and try this one again now it has trophies and it still looks amazing. The graphics are up there with the best of them, even close up everything looks clean and crisp.

I forgot how hard it was to control the vehicles though... I seem to be sliding around like a car on ice at times... was it always this bad or is this just the learning curve starting again for me?

One of the trophies is to complete it under 30 hours and I'm just wondering if thats a tough trophy to get and i should really hammer the game to get that - or if its a easy trophy providing you dont run around screwing around and then saving a lot.

I ran around screwing about a lot, I didn't get the achievement for completing it in under 30 hours

I think the first time we played it we did it in under 30 hours. There wasn't trophies out then though, but we're positive it was about 20-odd hours.

Yeah i got the achievement on 360 for under 30 hours, it was close though! I think I did it in 29 hrs 49 mins or something like that so its definitely do-able if I can manage it.

Looks cool - but I hate the bike missions in GTA, one tiny clip and you're sent flying and the mission is over.

Have they said how much and how big the DLC is, like is it a couple of missions or like a full expansion?

I don't know what I was worried about - I'm a couple of missions from the end now and my play time it at 17 hours.

I found this video today - and we've probably all seen the naked gun opening but the stunts after are amazing. Some of them are beautifully timed.

YouTube - jackass 2 IV

Back
Top Bottom