[Graphics/Display Help] Weird "sticks" problem (NVIDIA)

CKal

Random editor
30 January 2007
Toronto
Liverpool FC
I don't think this is uncommon, but I have this problem...

nvidiaproblem.png

I'm using a NVIDIA 9800 GT 512 MB, 1.0 GB RAM and Intel Pentium D CPU 3.00GHz x 2 (3.00Ghz).

I meddled with the NVIDIA settings with several combination, but still the problem exists...

Can someone help me please? Thanks...

I have same card and have never had this problem.

Are you using kitserver?

I've installed GA Community Patch, so I am using KitServer for sure.

I use GA patch as well.

Go into kitserver , open config.exe, tick enable aspect ratio correction.
Select automatic .
Tick LOD enhance image quality.
Save.

Also run game in same resolution as your desktop / monitor.

See if this helps.

I checked the LOD box and the enable aspect ratio correction already.

And I'm running the game in the same resolution already (1280 x 1024).

I think it has something to do with the NVIDIA 3D settings, since the "sticks" are 3-dimensional...

My "sticks" disappear too after I switch to windowed mode and back. But they usually come back in different places.

For example, the above 3 screens were taken using "Print Screen" - I hit "Prt Scr", pasted in Photoshop, went back into the game, and the "sticks" appeared again (and I took another screen).

Sometimes the "stick" can make the players look like Batman... Sometimes the "sticks" extended the crowd to the centre circle...

Can someone please help me? I even tried uninstalling all the NVIDIA Drivers, and deleted the "NVIDIA" directory, restarted the comp, reinstalled the latest NVIDIA driver, but the problem still exists...

I tried disabling PhysX, and so many other settings I've tried, but the sticks are still there... :(

Last edited:
Can someone please help me?

I even tried running the game on Vista (with also NVIDIA drivers for Vista) instead of XP, and the sticks problem still exists... :(

Maybe you GFC Card is broken in a way :\
I Have 988 GTX and its running without no problems, I used to have a differnt GFX Card and had the stick problem with pes6 or 08 cant remember, but after changing GFX card it was gone

The card can't be broken. It's less than 6 months old!

Besides, when you "Alt + Tab" out and back in, the sticks are gone, but may reappear somewhere else.

I am now running PES in medium quality, and there are almost no sticks (still some :().

I am quite OK with that, but I do think that a 9800 GT can play PES in high quality...

Have you seen so called "graphic artifacts" when you playing other games? Or is it just PES? Can't tell if thats an "artifact" but if you having the same problem with other games you might need to buy a new one. If thats your case your card might have been overheated. If you have any other computer with a similar or better graphiccard you should try using that one just to see if it has to do anything with the card or the game.

I can't tell for sure, but if it's only shown when your playing PES then it's for sure has something to do with the game. (Let's hope so!)

Last edited:
It happens in other games too. I have similar problems in Virtua Tennis 3, NBA 2K9... :(

Sad... I don't think I can buy a new one, but I think it still has something to do with my 3D settings...

Back
Top Bottom