1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

Grand National

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Chris Davies, 14 April 2007.

1. Chris Davies

Chris Davies At least, I think I am Staff

14 May 2003
    Tranmere Rovers
    Come on then, any tips? :)

2. :: JJ ::

:: JJ :: Guest

Joes Edge and Point Barrow are joint favourites. Last year I went for Numbersixvalverde, who duly won, and is well backed this year. Hedgehunter came second last year and also one of the possible front runners this time.

Had a sweep in work yesterday and got Homer Wells, 40-1 outsider, but anything can happen in the National! :mrgreen:

3. CW

CW C Dub Founding Member

6 October 2001
    Liverpool
    The horse I have picked and will probably fall at the first hurdle is Joes Edge, sorry everyone whos backed it

4. Chris Davies

14 May 2003
    Tranmere Rovers
    I bet on Numbersixvalverde and Joes Edge (CW you git) on the nose. Numbersixvalverde has won it before, Joes Edge has great odds. Both lose, threw away £20.

My girlfriend bets on the horse "with the nice name and the pretty stars on the rider's outfit", odds of 33/1, and she wins £600 fucking quid.

Bitch.

5. kevano22

kevano22 TDWFYU

2 August 2003
    The Silver Birch is the name of a local pub round mine, my mum and dad won £70 between them and I bet half of my local town won quite a bit on it too.

6. :: JJ ::

:: JJ :: Guest

Some bloke in work put £20 on Point Barrow, it was so funny when I told him that it fell at the first fence!!!! :lol:

7. Chris Davies

14 May 2003
    Tranmere Rovers
    My mum had a dream where somebody said "Point Blank", and so when my dad was reading the horses out in a hurry and said Point Blank, she went bonkers and gave him £20 to put on it. When he got to the bookies and asked to put £20 on Point Blank, they just looked at him and said "you mean Point Barrow?" - feeling a bit stupid, he just said "yeah" and that was that.

He wasn't going to tell my mum but she sat and watched the race looking out for Point Blank, and when Point Barrow came up she cottoned onto him. I don't think he's given her £20 back, though.