Gran Turismo 6 (PS3)

Too many cars in my opinion. Seems like a quantity over quality approach. I'd rather have no more than 200-300 cars that look, drive and sound as close to reality as possible. No need for 30 variants of Skyline and 25 different MX-5s. A smaller collection of more interesting and relevant sports cars, super cars and full race cars would make this game so much better.

Depends what you want from a game like this really, but the whole car collecting thing does nothing for me. Most of the cars feel generic to drive and sound atrocious because there is no way proper care and attention can be given to recreating over 1000 cars, which is even beyond the resources of Polyphony Digital.

Totally agree. It should be class before mass. More than 100 Nissan cars and 43 of it are Skyline models?!?! WTF.
This is pure nonsense. For me personally GT series has become more and more uninteresting. GT 5 was sold after one week because it couldn't catch me and absolutely worse standard car models - if most of the 1000 cars are like this they should only stay at premium cars.

Divisive, no doubt. I'm inclined to see things as EG do though. I don't particularly care if GT6 has decided not to copy things Forza and other games are doing - I mostly enjoy seeing the sheer amount of love put into GT, over and above creating a review score by subtracting points from 100 every time I find something wrong. It's not how you should measure the quality of a game. SotC is not a 7/10 game because it lacks small enemies between bosses and has no multiplayer.

Totally agree. It should be class before mass. More than 100 Nissan cars and 43 of it are Skyline models?!?! WTF.
This is pure nonsense. For me personally GT series has become more and more uninteresting. GT 5 was sold after one week because it couldn't catch me and absolutely worse standard car models - if most of the 1000 cars are like this they should only stay at premium cars.

The standard/premium cars thing was a joke and it appears this has continued with GT6, although many cars have been graphically upgraded a little.

I would have sold GT5 very quickly if it wasn't for the online mode. I got involved with the GT5 community at AVForums and we had some top class racing, with weekly organised events that went on for 18 months. Otherwise the game was pretty terrible offline, with too much grind against dumb AI.

My PS3 was sold months ago but even if I still had it, I'm not sure I would buy GT6. Looks like more of the same (including incredibly bad engine sounds), but I will give PD credit for adding some nice new tracks. I'm only interested in real-world circuits so Silverstone, Brands Hatch and Bathurst are great additions.

I'm looking forward to GT7 more than anything (the only game I will buy a console for). GT5 was too ambitious and the PS3 wasn't powerful enough to handle the game. PD should be able to stretch their legs on the PS4. I hope they release a more focused, high-quality product that's more about racing and less about grinding for credits, paint chips and other Japanese obscurities.

GT6 should have been a DLC update to GT5 so that the focus can quickly move to next-gen. Although Kaz has said GT7 could be here in a year or two, history suggests it could be longer, so I just want them to get on with it.

I draw parallels between Polyphony Digital and Konami in that they are both hopeless at managing a project and work in their own insular little worlds.

Did anyone else pre order the game from Amazon?

My copy was posted early Thursday morning but I'm still waiting, they should dump Royal Mail.

All my amazon stuff has been a day late this week, despite having Prime. I think it's just the time of the year.

My shopto GT6 came on Friday. Great game, but feels easier than GT5?

Drove the Red Bull X2010 Prototype up the Goodwood Hill climb. Utterly terrifying. The instant the race starts, the rustic, low-key charm of Goodwood with its straw walls, quaint stone walls and middle aged boiler-suited attendants all melting into the end sequence of 2001: A Space Odyssey. The road's two cars wide, and you get disqualified if you hit a barrier or go off-road; it took me 3 hours to beat the 31 second gold time. But beat it I bloody did.

A good 2 seconds slower than this guy, but hey, I'm using a DS3 ferchrissakes.

X2010

Honestly, I thought the Type B rally cars were terrifying, but this was insane - especially in the cockpit view which I used for the first few times, where it's clear the little glass roof just above the driver is not for reducing air resistance but to stop your sick/blood/eyeball fluid from streaming behind you like a Red Arrow.

I tried the same track with a souped-up Nissan GTR in racing livery, the sort of car that costs 1.4m. For the first 6 goes I just couldn't get it around the first corner, it was like it was on ice compared to the X2010 (which is 6m credits). I genuinely forgot how to drive normal cars.

Last edited:
Yeah. I do need to rejig the perspective for some cars though - I used some sort of LeMans car just before the X2010 where the view was so restricted, with all the dials and the low roof and the seating position almost level with the wheels, it was like I was gaming on a 14" telly all over again.

It all adds to the realism though and makes driving feel really good and tense.

Forza has a nice feature as well on the Xbone with Kinect. It tracks your head movement so you can look in to corners and see the cars around you out the windows.

It all adds to the realism though and makes driving feel really good and tense.

Forza has a nice feature as well on the Xbone with Kinect. It tracks your head movement so you can look in to corners and see the cars around you out the windows.

Tried the headtracking on forza and only seemed to work when I 'leant' rather than looked. Also, if you look to the side to look out the window, you cant see the TV!

Bit of a pointless feature - but WHAT a game though!

Got a feeling the same thing is/was meant to be in GT, not really looked into it though. Might do that now...

edit: Apparently not - there were memory issues with its use in GT5 so they didn't put it in 6. Shame, I think it's a really good idea, especially in first person shooters where you might want to look around without waving your gun and making yourself more visible.

Last edited:
OK THIS WAS BULLSHIT

i had to do about 10-15 races then do 2 licences(turn right, brake, turn left, etc types AND AVAILABLE AFTER RACES ONLY!!!!!!!WTF???) to go ONLINE

FUCK YOU, 2 hours wasted time just to check out online mode

really make sense

Back
Top Bottom