1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

Graham Thorpe retires from int'l cricket

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by crayon, 22 July 2005.

1. crayon

crayon Yamato Gaijin

23 October 2004
    Hokkaido Japan
    Liverpool FC
  2. Mack

Mack Champions League

8 August 2003
    Manchester
    MCFC
    Good player who ive always liked, would have been nice to see him in the Ashes!

3. knh4

knh4 Championship

21 October 2002
    Bradford
    Man Utd
    Still dont get why Bell has a place in the team before Thorpe? The only reason hes got such a high average is cos of Bangladesh. Really baffles me.

4. crayon

crayon Yamato Gaijin

23 October 2004
    Hokkaido Japan
    Liverpool FC
    Angers me as he hasn't exactly shined so far - and Thorpey has something most of the others don't - experience against the Aussies.

5. plumbers_x

plumbers_x Guest

Agreed....don't know why it was exclusively a Thorpe v Pieterson debate.

Thorpe is a rock. He has true class, grit, reliability and bags of Test experience. The Aussies, without doubt, rate him. If anything, the debate should have been about whether to pick Bell or Pieterson, with Pieterson getting my vote. To be honest, there's one or two others who need to prove their worth - Trescothick and Vaughan, albeit Vaughan is an automatic pick as captain.

6. and how right was that descision to take pietersen!

7. crayon

crayon Yamato Gaijin

23 October 2004
    Hokkaido Japan
    Liverpool FC
    He ahd an awful time in Pakistan....Thorpy would have been more patient - but time moves on....I'm sure Pietersen will learn more control in time.