Google street view now in london

finally can revisit all the places i spent a nice time with my family 3 years ago...very good.
took a tour around the streets of highbury, my heart is bleeding! what have they done to that place...sad, just sad...i've seen pictures of it being demolished before, but seeing it from the same angles etc. as you have before in real life, just leaves me speechless...:(

Last edited:
that place looks familiar. i think i have been there before

It looks pretty much like any high street :LOL:

But it is Stoke Newington in North/East London Its in Hackney but it boarders Islington and Harringay. Not far from the emirates and Highbury :DD

Google has removed dozens of photos from its new UK Street View service.

The street-mapping facility launched amid a fanfare of publicity but now the firm has been forced to pull some of the images after complaints.

It is thought the pictures removed contained revealing images of homes, a man entering a London sex shop, people being arrested and a man being sick.

:LOL:

At least in Sheffield you don't have the gates on doors like you do in some estates in Leeds. This student house I used to live in had one. Mind you it stopped the crackhead who lived next door from trying to get into our house when he was confused and thought it was his. :CONF:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=had...GsCw&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&resnum=1&ct=title - £58 a week rent and board. Pub at one end of the street chippy at the other end. Quite handy really.

Last edited:
At least in Sheffield you don't have the gates on doors like you do in some estates in Leeds. This student house I used to live in had one. Mind you it stopped the crackhead who lived next door from trying to get into our house when he was confused and thought it was his. :CONF:

[url]http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=haddon+avenue+leeds&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&split=0&gl=uk&ei=j-zDSfabOOS1jAf6pOGsCw&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&resnum=1&ct=title[/URL] - £58 a week rent and board. Pub at one end of the street chippy at the other end. Quite handy really.

And a small pitch to play football after getting pissed in the pub lol:BOP:

Funnily enough, the camera car wasn't able to drive through my street because a crane thing was busy working on the apartments across the street. However, if I follow the directions to a couple of blocks away, I can see my Auntie driving home in her car, the photo was taken just as she was driving past the camera car. :LOL:

I found the street I lived on from age 0-5 but can't remember which house it was!

I'll post it later when I ask my mum.

According to wikipedia the area is very affluent now and lots of famous people live round there :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom