Good video camera ?

cfdh_edmundo

Maverick
30 December 2002
Hi,

Anyone know any good video camera's on the market ?

I'm thinking of getting one, but don't have a clue as to what to look for and only have a rough idea how much they might cost.

If anyone's brought one recently that they've found to be especially good or bad that would be great.

Thanks!

I was doing some searching on Ebay today for a video capture device (to capture Fifa09 footage for FSB) and came across quite a few different 1080p video cameras on there, seem rather nice, one of them even had 5x optical zoom, was something like $150US iirc, you should look on there :)

Wow, they really don't cost that much do they for an HD Camcorder! :-ll Quality, I may well buy one next year :)).

Wow, they really don't cost that much do they for an HD Camcorder! :-ll Quality, I may well buy one next year :)).

lol
They are shit, if you want a semi-decent High-Def camcroder it will cost £400.

You've bought and tried one? How do you know they're shit? It's surprising how "cheap and nasty" things might appear but how well they actually perform, there was some cracking electronic gadgets for sale in Singapore whilst I lived there.

I've seen numerous video clips that people have taken. It will struggle completely in dark areas, and with motion. And normal SD miniDV Sony ones will outperform those you listed.

And the difference with HD camcorders from Sony and Canon and the eBay ones are night and day.

Obviously it comes with a price tag, but its worth it.

And no I haven't bought one myself. Have you?

Cool :)

I'm not saying all cheap gadgets from Far East are rubbish, just cheap camcorders are a no go for decent filming.

Back
Top Bottom