Good AV/Electrical Equipment Website

Tim7

Retired Footballer
6 May 2003
Gravesend
Charlton Athletic FC
Right o, just as the name suggests really. I am looking to buy a few bits to get my set up at home sorted so that I can record straight from my 360 to my PC and still have it on my HD TV. I found a good thread with instructions on how to do this and which bits to buy, but the guy's in America, so all the links are to American websites!

So if anyone knows a good website or websites I could get the following:

- VGA Splitter with signal booster
- VGA to S-Video converter
- USB Capture Card

Any help is much appreciated, cheers :).

Yeah, there's a big one at Lakeside. I may well do that if I know they will have what I want! Thanks mate :)

Argh, I'm now getting really confused looking for a VGA Splitter. All I need is a 2 way VGA Splitter, so I can plug the Xbox 360 VGA Cable INTO it and then have two VGA leads coming OUT, one to go to my TV and one to go to my PC. But I can't seem to find one? They all look like they are doing the opposite of what I want. I'm confused, and would be really grateful if someone could link me to the thing I'm after?

Cheers.

Last edited:
33004_3.jpg

translate.google.com

or

http://www.tinxi.de/product_info.php?cPath=101&products_id=627

Thanks dave, that looks good to put the Xbox on the PC, but would it allow me to have it through my TV at the same time?

Cheers :)

Right, I'm a little confused. This link: http://www.amazon.co.uk/StarTech-co...?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1199971513&sr=1-22 is too a 2 port VGA Splitter with booster, which looks perfect for what I need. However, the following bit confuses me:

Connections: 1 x display / video - VGA input - 15 pin HD D-Sub (HD-15) male

Now, that's what you have to put INTO the VGA splitter, but the Xbox 360s VGA cable, has a male end?! So surely the input would need to be female to receive the 360 VGA cable?

i was trying to research the same thing, but having an xbox360 elite connected to my hd tv and then whatever means to my pc

i have a capture card and used to run a composite splitter from the xbox, to the tv and to the pc, which then displayed on the tv and capture device on the pc

have not yet found a way with the xbox360..

edit: apparently you can output both Component Video and Composite Video at the same time. So you could capture the 480i on the Composite Video output (Yellow RCA) while playing and watching the Component Video output. i have not tried it but if you have a component cable etc then it maybe worth a try

Last edited:
Yeah I've heard that rumour too mate. I do have the composite cable, it's the one that comes with the 360 Premium, so I can try it tonight.

It would be the most cost effective way of doing things too, as you wouldn't need to buy a VGA splitter or VGA to S-Video converter. It was just that using a VGA cable gives the far better picture on my TV compared to component. But, I guess I could live with it for the cost of about £150! As I don't really have money to burn at the moment.

So, I guess now I just need to find a really decent USB TV Capture Card. Hmm...

Right, tried it out with the Component cable, and you can't play in HD and record in composite, but you can plug the component into your TV and the composite into your TV card, and if you set the xbox to non HD, then you can have it on both. But it's obviously shite because you can't play in HD on your actual tele!

So I think a VGA Splitter and S-Video converter is definately the way to go. Now I have to actually find one again! :( :lol:

thats a shame mate

i have a similar problem, where i want to run a hdmi cable to the tv and a component/composite to my pc at the same time

now you have said that you can only use either a sd or hd signal at one time then that buggers me up, although i wonder if hdmi and component works (at the same time), then i would have to try and convert the signal like you

thing is i don't wanna sacrifice any of the quality from the elite to the tv, the recording quality doesn't need to be brilliant but the playing/viewing side does

Yeah, exactly. There's no way I could play in SD after playing in HD VGA! Even when I just had it on last night to test it, the difference is amazing :D

Back
Top Bottom