Good and Bad things about PES2013 DEMO

many things have an impact to the gaming experience yes, but i can rly live w/o such new fans that come to the series coz they liked the look and feel etc. :p, if someone cant get deep enough to the core game mechanix that brings u joy w/o appetizers hes not deserving playin that game in first place

and the series never was about graphical appetizers was it?
the main appetizer is the immersion comin from the player development and other gameplay things
its about intuitive but deep control system and player individualism

off course your critique is appropriate but after all the years its kinda loosing the matter of doing it, i think we just need to wait for the fox engine and how they can manage it, if they can manage it we will see a lot of more details im sure ;)

many things have an impact to the gaming experience yes, but i can rly live w/o such new fans that come to the series coz they liked the look and feel etc. :p, if someone cant get deep enough to the core game mechanix that brings u joy w/o appetizers hes not deserving playin that game in first place

You can live without those fans, Konami can't. What you have written is a nice sentiment but in the real world Konami will (or at least should) want their game to appeal to a broad section of gamers in order to make as much money as possible.

A demo that looks poor, sounds poor and takes many hours to get a feel for is a recipe for failure. Chimps is quite rightly saying that if the demo is more appealing and professional in the graphics and audio department, then gamers of all types are more likely to put time into PES to explore it in further depth.

Let's face it, all of us love a great looking game with nice audio. Demos that give a good first impression (i.e. looks and sound) will always buy themselves more time.

I see this written a lot. Did FIFA really look better than PES on the PS2, or better than ISS on the PS1? I don't think so. ISS/PES always had the more natural look and realistic animations. FIFA had the licenses but that doesn't equate to good graphics.

You can live without those fans, Konami can't. What you have written is a nice sentiment but in the real world Konami will (or at least should) want their game to appeal to a broad section of gamers in order to make as much money as possible.

A demo that looks poor, sounds poor and takes many hours to get a feel for is a recipe for failure. Chimps is quite rightly saying that if the demo is more appealing and professional in the graphics and audio department, then gamers of all types are more likely to put time into PES to explore it in further depth.

Let's face it, all of us love a great looking game with nice audio. Demos that give a good first impression (i.e. looks and sound) will always buy themselves more time.

I see this written a lot. Did FIFA really look better than PES on the PS2, or better than ISS on the PS1? I don't think so. ISS/PES always had the more natural look and realistic animations. FIFA had the licenses but that doesn't equate to good graphics.

i totally agree... this demos gameplay is so good all it needs is tweaking... i wouldnt mind if they took time out to up the visuals

the most common things you hear from fifa players "players look like robots", "animations are crap", "deleted the demo after one game"

pes can throw you off at the start but the more you play and learn the better it gets.... in fifa it sucks you in when you start but the more you play and learn the worse it gets.... some visual updates would make pes strong on both fronts.

also it goes in circles.... more money (buyers/fans) pes gets the more money that goes into the game

i totally agree... this demos gameplay is so good all it needs is tweaking... i wouldnt mind if they took time out to up the visuals

the most common things you hear from fifa players "players look like robots", "animations are crap", "deleted the demo after one game"

pes can throw you off at the start but the more you play and learn the better it gets.... in fifa it sucks you in when you start but the more you play and learn the worse it gets.... some visual updates would make pes strong on both fronts.

also it goes in circles.... more money (buyers/fans) pes gets the more money that goes into the game

Exactly right. There is no use PES having wonderfully deep, tactical and ultimately rewarding gameplay when many gamers find barriers to playing the game right from the get go.

These days games have to look and sound good. It's no longer acceptable for a game to look 'average' if the gameplay is first class. Everyone expects sharp, crisp, vibrant HD graphics and studio quality sound from their games. PES falls woefully short out of the box.

You could say that gamers whom dismiss PES out of hand due to its aesthetics are shallow, but I believe there is an element of the graphics whore in all of us. Even I switched to the PC to play PES in 1080p, with no blur and a high LOD. It makes a difference to my overall enjoyment of the game.

Yes, i can live w/o, coz i play the game.
The more money is involved the more the original concept and idea is getting sold out for the hardcore fans, i dont like having (former) fifa fans having an impact to the series.
They pay money = they have impact.

Thats one thing, the other thing is they shud stick to what they can do, and they just cant anymore it seems, thats why i said lets wait for the new engine, maybe they still have all the details in their heads but cant implement it.

I know that, I spend months each year editing game play as I think it’s by far the most important part of the game.

However, PES is becoming much more of an in depth football simulation that takes months to master with the penny not dropping with some, for last year’s game particularly, until 5 or 6 months of playing. Because of this Konami need to wow people who try the demo with things that jump out at them.

What the game looks like is massively influenced by animation, turfs and stadium items like add-boards. There is versions of patched versions of PES2012 on the PC with only turf and add-board’s added that look unbelievable. One in particular of some created german stadiums that looks staggering to the point most people think its actual football when passing my desk at work.

To release a demo and puts one of the most bland – unlicensed stadium in it is ridiculous when others have much better turfs, lighting and boards and their correct name. People who haven’t bought PES for years that try it straight away are faced with the fact they still use made up names and some will be put off without ever getting anywhere near understanding the nuances of the game play

When PES first moved to the PS2 there was big improvement in how it looked, the response was that people I knew that didn’t even play games went out and bought a PS2 simply to play a game that looked and played amazing compared to what they had seen previously.

People are capable of adding relatively small touches that would take no development time at all and turning PES into something which would seem like the same type of leap forward again and make people want to try the game.

You wouldn’t need to pay ronaldo anything for your adverts if your game looked like this patched version of PES 2012, as your advert would simply be game play

YouTube - PES 2012 Bayern München Compilation

totally agree 100% m8 with konami its always 1 step forward 2 steps back.
people want things as realistic as possible. you should be able to edit anything within the game even the konami adboards.plus like you say the turfs plus also the stadium banners

Konami always sell the game short in the presentation department. Why not have a Champions League friendly in the demo, at a licensed stadium with all the glitz and glamour? That would put the game in a better light.
I agree with all your points except one. Konami choosing teams which did well at the Euros was a smart move IMO. Perhaps they thought Royal London looked most like a Euro stadium?

The second demo is likely to include Champion's League clubs.

The main thing that needs adjusted is the speed differential for each player.

Currently we have a sort of stuttered light jog, a jog and a run on the sprint button. What I'd like to see is walk in place of run, and a greater difference in what the stick does to change speed. I've seen players make off the ball runs at a higher speed than is possible by user control. I want to be able to run that fast on the spring button.

Current first, what I'd like to see below:

Stutter/Jog ----- Jog ------ Run/Sprint
Walk ----- Light Jog ----- Jog ------ Run ------- All out sprint

Right now it's forcing the game to be played at too similar a pace in all areas. There needs to be a greater difference in slow and fast play.

Last edited:
Yeah would be great if analog stick actually translated in an analog gameplay fashion.

the main appetizer is the immersion comin from the player development and other gameplay things
its about intuitive but deep control system and player individualism

off course your critique is appropriate but after all the years its kinda loosing the matter of doing it, i think we just need to wait for the fox engine and how they can manage it, if they can manage it we will see a lot of more details im sure ;)

I see the points and thats were fifa/ea wins all the glitz and glamour....but pes has always been raw.

But some of those patche slook amazing shame they always crash my master league hope for pes 13 can get a working one.

The main thing that needs adjusted is the speed differential for each player.

Currently we have a sort of stuttered light jog, a jog and a run on the sprint button. What I'd like to see is walk in place of run, and a greater difference in what the stick does to change speed. I've seen players make off the ball runs at a higher speed than is possible by user control. I want to be able to run that fast on the spring button.

Current first, what I'd like to see below:

Stutter/Jog ----- Jog ------ Run/Sprint
Walk ----- Light Jog ----- Jog ------ Run ------- All out sprint

Right now it's forcing the game to be played at too similar a pace in all areas. There needs to be a greater difference in slow and fast play.

yeh and all out sprint should be limited eg,,,only can go at that pace when energy/stamina bar is somewhat full and for 15-30yrds, then they drop pace etc...if they are low on energy they cant go at full pace etc...Pace should be much more dynamic....Myabe it is correct me if im wrong?

After testing this PES2013 Demo with jeenky patch.. I think it's the best soccer game.

Jairs latest patch is the better of the two...is it the best soccer game, well that's down to opinion...still too many bugs in the demo that need to be sorted

Back
Top Bottom