Gaming Headphones?

Sorry on BF3 I remember you talking about it a while ago. Also my 360 was set up with vga and I had to change it to HDMI because of the headset, I don't like the picture with it.

Oh God I just looked at the lead I had on anyway and noticed the optical lead slot so I didn't need the adaptor at all. Well I can use it on my other 360.

hey J

i have it set to home cinema in BF settings.

i also click the button on the headset until until i get more bass. think there is 3 settings.

Also just check that the amp/white box has bypass to dolby digital and is not using prologic.

what TV have you got? As HDMI is usually a better pic.

Why is there a bypass switch on the X41 transmitter to turn off the Dolby surround sound processing?
The Bypass switch lets you hear what the audio sounds like without Dolby processing. For example, if you’re listening to a TV show with the X41 headset, you may not want the sound to be processed and instead may want to listen as it was originally recorded.

it is the bypass button on the front of the white box. and when it is digital it should be the bottom light lit up where it says D

I'm very surprised the HDMI is inferior. HDMI usually enhances and brightens the focus, so it being darker makes very little sense.

i would look into why hdmi does not look better. must be a resolution setting or the settings for the input on the tv need adjusting as some tv's hold different settings for inputs if you have ever changed them.

my setting might even be wrong lol - as it defaults to the light above PL 11 even though i have the digital input signal (so maybe that is right)

Note that if the BYPASS button is lit, the dolby effects are turned off and you're hearing stereo. To hear the difference between Dolby and stereo, just press this button on and off and you can compare the two modes.

Last edited:
looks like mine are actually fucked then...

it detects my digital input as the light is on above it but it always defaults to pro logic as the light above that is on.

the light above the D is never on...

Well mine comes on with the D and according to the manual that's 5.1 0r 7.1 so mine was fine. And Coops set must have been fucked because I can't have mine anywhere near full.

Even when i am plugged into the optical jack at the top on the transmitter and the light for digital input is on. i get no light above the D on the transmitter. it always defaults to PL11

if i click the bypass button it turns off the light for PL11 and the light goes above the bypass sign which i believe puts it into stereo mode

even when i am connected to the xbox360 or PC using optical and a game with dolby digital, the above happens and at no point can i get the D to light up

wierd thing is.

if i go to my audio playback devices on my pc and then do a test on the optical port with this turtlebeach plugged in. i get the dolby digital light come on and i can hear the sounds go around the ears etc

but if i play BF3 on the pc, while it is plugged into the same optical jack etc i do not get the dolby light come on.

same with the xbox 360, even though the dolby digital is set on the xbox 360

the transmitter detects the PC and xbox 360 as a digital input as the light is on

it is odd. as it would imply that the headphone is accepting a dolby signal and working when doing the test in windows.

but not when it actually matters

I've got my X41's (more specifically the wireless box) connected to the 360 via the AV adapter and digital cable. My 360 is connected to the TV via HDMI lead. The headphones work fine (the sound and feeling of atmosphere on Skyrim was terrific). However, the TV is still giving out sound too. I have to mute it so it's just the headphones using the sound. This is obviously due to the HDMI cable. Not really a problem but I'd have preferred as soon as the headphones were switched on the TV sound output would cease.

I haven't played BF3 since Skyrim came out mate. However, the one thing I'm looking forward to over Christmas is BF3 with the headphones.

Wouldn't it just be "War Tapes" and good to go or do you mean a more specific bass/treble level?

not much you can do about the tv sound other than muting it

regarding my dolby issue. i have tested it on my sky hd box which gives me dolby through this headset

i then tried it on my xbox 360 which i also got dolby through it, light lit up as it should

however i don't on my PC but it is a step in the right direction...

Back
Top Bottom