Gamescom Thread

£250 sounds right, it said current PS3's are that price now as well and that ties in with Asda dropping to £250. Not a bad price cut really, could've been better but I'm sure it'll help sales.

I'll get one later later in September, can't wait to get rid of my current one.

All I see it this pic

500x_custom_1250617465035_ps3logo.jpg

-

I managed to dig this up from another site

fe1a36ea-3c19-4ebf-ace2-50b61975ea84_400.jpg

Last edited:
Get out of town - that was the same model that was leaked about a month ago and everyone said it was clearly fake.

They really can't keep a secret, I guess GT5 is being held back until TGS.

No SSX in sight :RANT:

Seeing as there's already a Fifa conference video up on youtube I'll give up trying to convert mine now, instead I'll get this one from youtube and clean it up a bit (get rid of the black borders and resize it).

They removed the Other OS feature. Booo. I actually used it and installed Ubuntu last year. Oh well doesnt really matter too much I suppose. I hope you can still change the HDD though. Im looking at buying it at launch and upgrading the drive to 250GB-300GB HDD.

PS2 Slim had no fan and didn't overheat, it was silent too.

PS3 Slim supports Bravia Link.

If the Atari 2600 doesn't over heat then why should a 2009 console over heat?

I'm guessing people place their systems in places where it doesn't have room to breath.

Oh Tobi I just found out that Gran Turismo 5 was pulled from the press conference at the last minute for an unknown reason. However the game will be playable on the show floor this week. I expect an announcement about its release at TGS.

Actually hang on for a second I have now just been told that it wont be on the show floor. Instead its Gran Turismo for PSP. Rather confusing indeed. Continue your Sony bashing good Sir. I think I shall join you. :)

If the Atari 2600 doesn't over heat then why should a 2009 console over heat?

I'm guessing people place their systems in places where it doesn't have room to breath.
because a 2009 console needs more power to run it. more power = more heat.

how much watts did an Atari 2600 take for example compared to a ps3?

Dude, you been living under a rock? I thought everyone knew about the PS3 Slim?

To be honest, I still like my 60GB original, it'll be a machine I would pick up as a spare sometime, but not at launch, wait till it's components get more refined, plus I'd miss my BC for PS2 games, I know I may be in a minority here, but the upscaled PS2 games do look decent enough. Thanks for posting those comparison shots.

Back
Top Bottom