Games Without Consoles - The Future?

I'd prefer to have an actual disc of a game in front of me that I can keep forever.

Paying to play games on someone else's servers would feel like paying for a game - handing it to my friend and the only time I can play it is when he comes over. It's just a bit of a mess to do something i can already do very easily.

Because the only way i can play these games is if i hook the net up and start streaming it all. but if i don;t want to be online or don't have my tv where the broadband connection is im screwed.

Unless the answer is a wireless router.

But then we'd have lag from wireless router + lag from servers + general online multiplayer lag = lots of problems.

So I'd prefer to have a console in front of me and a disc any time

Feel the same Rad - nothing better than having the physical box, manual, disk etc.

Like you say, if the service goes down (which it will), or your net goes down etc etc then you are gameless.

Plus i cannot see how they can promise consistent speed of delivery.

I still think it is possible, but not for a good few years yet until we get fast (50mb+) stable broadband that is affordable... which is why it will probably be released in Japan and America before Europe.

I can see his point. I too prefer to have the actual games. I like to read the manual and all the gumf that comes with the game.

P.S. I counted over 50 "fuckings" :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom