Gameplay differences between ps2 and ps3???

what were you watching it on? a little 20" LCD?

i haven't got my copy in yet, but watching the gameplay video from the PSN and comparing that to PES2008 on my PS2 both played on my 720p 50" samsung DLP.. there is a HUGE difference in graphics.

i'm sick of all these ridiculous bitching statements by people. especially when it's totally incorrect. if you can't see the difference between 720p 16:9 and 480i 4:3 then you need your head checked.

yes there is slowdown. yes there is a lack of new features. but seriously, for you to say that there isn't much difference in graphical detail and quality between the old ps2 version and the new ps3 version, you must be blind.

Just seen the PS3 version playing in HMV, it was a comp vs. comp game.

The graphics dont really look "next gen" to me, just a bit more shiny. I was totally disgusted by the replays, they're SO jittery they're actually annoying to watch! Seriously, dont expect to re-live your goals or even bother to save them coz the replays are almost unwatchable.

Apart from that it just looked like PES6, same old same old really. The diving function could be the death of the PS3 version IMO. It'll be funny for about 5 seconds then you'll get people doing it against you online or when playing with mates. It will ruin the game.

The world tour mode for PS2 sounds OK but as I understand it there is NO fantastista mode on PS2 or PS3 or any other version.

What we have here is an expensive update or patch folks. What can I say? I'll still be buying it coz it's the only decent football sim there is. FIFA is a joke but PES isn't improving as much as it should either.

Do you think HMV would be showcasing the game on a 20" LCD screen? Dont be stupid. It was one of the biggest HD televisions I've ever seen!

Like you say, you dont have your copy yet. Have you seen a replay yet? I'm guessing not.

IN MY OPINION the graphics did not look as good as I think "next-gen" graphics can or should do. I never compared the graphics to the PS2 version, I merely stated that to me they just looked a little more "shiny" or polished. The fact that the action in a football game is mostly viewed from afar makes the new facial animations and other such stuff pretty irrelevant in my opinion. Therefore I certainly dont think there is a "HUGE" difference in graphics, especially not while actually playing the game.

Anyway, the graphics point was merely an aside. The most important thing is the gameplay and my main point was that PES 2008 isnt really all that different from PES 6 and I think the diving option will ruin the game. That along with the slowdown and lack of new features make this latest version of PES a little lukewarm in my opinion.

absolutely loving it for ps2. finally can win headers properly, and use longpasses more often because of just that. played a few cups and havent noticed anything out of the ordinary or annoyances. it flows much better than pes6, plays better, better reaction time, more R2 useage. and the commentary actually isnt bad to listen on with 1star activity.
the menus and music are the worst ever tho. and sponsored by IGN.com? wtf
cant wait to try it on a ps3 sometime, but on ps2 it will suffice for alongtime!

Ok after trying both version I can definitly say that they arent the same, apparently it's two different version, the PS2 pass are faster, the shot too, the goalkeeper are better on PS2 version. ON PS3 it's really totaly different, the pace is different, the shooting is totaly different too, the way teh players react are different, well I would say it's 2 different game. the ps2 have more stuff tho. My favorite PS2 version will stay the one with the Fantasista mode, god I love this mode, it's a lot of fun to play.

Back
Top Bottom