Gameplay differences between ps2 and ps3???

Mickus

Non-League
29 September 2006
Will there only be graphical differences between the ps2 and ps3 version? Some people say ps3 version will contain stuff that can´t be found in the ps2 version, like diving and lock-up crosses?
Can anyone confirm this? (thinking about buying a ps3 console but not if the gameplay for ps2 is as good as ps3)
THANKS

i played both versions at the gc 2007 but regarding the gameplay i only noticed minor differences ... but as it was only the 5 minutes each halftime demo i can't be totally sure

I heard that PS2 got Fanstia mode which PS3 do not have. But ps3 have more detailed edit mode.

I heard that PS2 got Fanstia mode which PS3 do not have. But ps3 have more detailed edit mode.

funny, because on another thread on this site, there are rumors that the edit mode on the next gen consoles is a lot more restricted, like the emblems and badge edits, and only 12 shirts to choose from when editing...whereas the PS2 will remain the same. can anyone confirm this?

I could not confirm that. Anyone know anymore differents between PS2 and PS3? I'm thinking of which to get when it release.

I don't know any for certain guys but I, too, am very interested in knowing every single difference there is apart from the obviously better graphics of the PS3 version.

Only thing i can confirm is that the editing mode on the 360 is restricted.. that only contains 12 shirt templates and you wont be able to edit emblems that you see in the select team... No news about the ps3 edit mode what so ever

PS2 has more stadiums, editing and fantasista but worse graphics.
That's all I know.

Read practically any article on PES2008 and you wil know that the main enhancement of the Next Gen versions is the AI improvements. PS2 version is PES 6.5 really.

PS2 is shit shit shit Theres no diving no flip flap nothing have u seen the faces they are bigger than the body. PS2-Version is wasting money.

Im gonna wait for pes2009 cuz i havent got money to buy a ps3 and its good that im not playing cuz its good for my study.

L1 + L2 + R1 ? nothing happens... am i doung something wrong? Do i have to enable it somehow? I didnt had any problems diving in pc

Will there only be graphical differences between the ps2 and ps3 version? Some people say ps3 version will contain stuff that can´t be found in the ps2 version, like diving and lock-up crosses?
Can anyone confirm this? (thinking about buying a ps3 console but not if the gameplay for ps2 is as good as ps3)
THANKS

what are these lock-up crosses

whats the idea behind them

good site btw

Damn im getting cunfused.. Somes says that reviews for PS2 Version is very good and PS2 include more stuff then PS3 .. now u say PS2 sucks and PS3 has more stuff ? :S

Someone comfirm this pls :>

the ps3 has more features
u can read the reviews

the ps2 dont have "schwalbe"

Last edited:
Actually that's German, it means swallow, to perform a dive with the grace of a swallow I guess. In Dutch, the fucked up translation, by a fucked up commentator was 'Fop-duik', which means 'fake-dive'. That wraps up my 'meaningful' presentation;)

Konami make me sad with this.
The PS2 version doesn't have """next-gen""" jersey selection, but it has 'bonus game modes', more stadiums and a better edit mode likely due to good old laziness?
While we're discussing this, how about finding/creating (wiki?) a full list of platform-specific differences somewhere?

Just played pro evo on ps2 and it seems very different to PC demo version. For example, in the PC demo Ronaldo runs differently and does the heel flick when he turns direction. Didn't manage to do this on the ps2 version. Pretty disapointed, lets hope the PC version is better when I get that.

I'm very disappointed to hear there is no 'diving' in ps2 version. :|
It was one of the few things I was looking forward to and probably one of the few 'new' things in this version. :rolleyes:

Konami make me sad with this.
The PS2 version doesn't have """next-gen""" jersey selection, but it has 'bonus game modes', more stadiums and a better edit mode likely due to good old laziness?
While we're discussing this, how about finding/creating (wiki?) a full list of platform-specific differences somewhere?

That would be nice.

From first hand experience I can say that the 360 version is ALOT faster than the ps2 version. Yes on the 360 it looks alot better (although still hardly 'next-gen') the ps2 version is yet again the best to play on. It's about time they started developing it purely for the next-gen consoles...starting from scratch.

having actually played the full version for the ps2 I can confirm for definite:
editing still very very detailed
communtiy mode defo
world tour defo
definitly no diving or new tricks

Just seen the PS3 version playing in HMV, it was a comp vs. comp game.

The graphics dont really look "next gen" to me, just a bit more shiny. I was totally disgusted by the replays, they're SO jittery they're actually annoying to watch! Seriously, dont expect to re-live your goals or even bother to save them coz the replays are almost unwatchable.

Apart from that it just looked like PES6, same old same old really. The diving function could be the death of the PS3 version IMO. It'll be funny for about 5 seconds then you'll get people doing it against you online or when playing with mates. It will ruin the game.

The world tour mode for PS2 sounds OK but as I understand it there is NO fantastista mode on PS2 or PS3 or any other version.

What we have here is an expensive update or patch folks. What can I say? I'll still be buying it coz it's the only decent football sim there is. FIFA is a joke but PES isn't improving as much as it should either.

Back
Top Bottom