Gameplan strategies

dannyfc2

Premiership
9 June 2009
We've all had some time to get used to all the strategies settings and what not, so wondered what everyone thought was there optimal set-up?

At the moment I have Player Support and Width on the last notch of 'Normal', I find Offensive just makes your fullbacks go AWOL and leads to getting raped down the wings. Player switching I've set to 0, not really mucked about with this much but I prefer players staying in their assigned position. I have the next one set to 'Down The Middle', as I find it gets your CF's moving the most. Pressing and Def Line are a couple above the default, and Compactness set to Wide to leave men up top for a quick break.

I often ramp up the Width and Player Support if I'm trailing or forced to break someone down.

We've all had some time to get used to all the strategies settings and what not, so wondered what everyone thought was there optimal set-up?

At the moment I have Player Support and Width on the last notch of 'Normal', I find Offensive just makes your fullbacks go AWOL and leads to getting raped down the wings. Player switching I've set to 0, not really mucked about with this much but I prefer players staying in their assigned position. I have the next one set to 'Down The Middle', as I find it gets your CF's moving the most. Pressing and Def Line are a couple above the default, and Compactness set to Wide to leave men up top for a quick break.

I often ramp up the Width and Player Support if I'm trailing or forced to break someone down.

Do you have much luck with the offside trap?

I cant remember all the exact slider settings but have a more conservative based approach but with player support set tight and narrow so always have close passing options, defensive line real deep so dont suffer through balls as much, pressure set to mid way, position swapping set to 0, and width midway, tends to give a balanced conservative approach.
Once i get better players i aim to switch to a 4-3-3 with alot of width, pacy wingers and midfielders bombing forward

Do you have much luck with the offside trap?

Not tried it, but I've noticed it's quite hard to play against due to the difficult of breaking away from defences. Even if it's mistimed people usually get away with it as they can catch the striker before he even reaches the area.

I think sometimes it's being more conservative can actually produce more goals. Whenever I try to go all out offensive on the settings, you end up pressing the opponent so far into their own half there's no space to operate. I find if you drop back a bit you can sometimes coax an opponent to be more adventurous, and then punish them with the space created in their defence.

Not tried it, but I've noticed it's quite hard to play against due to the difficult of breaking away from defences. Even if it's mistimed people usually get away with it as they can catch the striker before he even reaches the area.

I think sometimes it's being more conservative can actually produce more goals. Whenever I try to go all out offensive on the settings, you end up pressing the opponent so far into their own half there's no space to operate. I find if you drop back a bit you can sometimes coax an opponent to be more adventurous, and then punish them with the space created in their defence.

post your exact settings please mate and i will set mine the same and will see if i can improve my game play.

Back
Top Bottom