Game play feedback before I set to work on editing

As most of you will have seen from my posts I create edited game play files each year and have done since PES4.

I used to make them on the PC and PS2, but know solely work on the PS3. As there is no way of decrypting the PS3 edit files on a PC, all of my changes are done manually. Whilst this takes a lot longer and I would love to use a pc editor to save time, the end result is a the game play is hopefully a lot more realistic and each team and player end up being more like there human counterpart

I will again be working with Goalgerd this year as well as maybe Klashman, which would excellent given his knowledge.

Anyway, what I am after is some feedback on how you think the game should be edited. I am yet to get my copy of it and would like to jump straight in to editing it and realise that some people have a couple of weeks head start on how they think it should be improved.

I am after the following information, I already have a fair idea from reading threads and playing the demo. So what do you think of released game -

Game difficulty - too hard or too easy
Game speed - too fast or too slow
Balance - Too much time attacking compared to defending
Shooting - too easy or too difficult
Dribbling - needs made harder or is ok
Passing - too accurate, too fast or too slow
Defending - needs made easier or harder
Crossing - just right, too easy or too hard
Possession - You have too much of the ball or the opponent does or is it ok
Forward / defender speed - forwards stay ahead of the defender - too much, realistically or not enough

Any other thoughts let me know

Hopefully this year will be the first time I try your gameplay patch. Can you make sure the link you post up doesn't expire after a couple of months. That happened last year, and I couldn't download it.

Can you please clarify how your 'gameplay option file' works when playing online.. Do the kits and stats work in online matches? Or does your option file have to be replaced with a default option file to play online? cheers

Hopefully this year will be the first time I try your gameplay patch. Can you make sure the link you post up doesn't expire after a couple of months. That happened last year, and I couldn't download it.

Can you please clarify how your 'gameplay option file' works when playing online.. Do the kits and stats work in online matches? Or does your option file have to be replaced with a default option file to play online? cheers

The online database is different to the one you can edit to stop people cheating. I am not sure about the kits. I never play the game online.

Last year I had a problem as I was told upgrading to the last DLC update removed stat changes. As I had spent months getting the game how I wanted it, I didnt risk upgrading. Because of this there was no point in putting my file up again as it would have been for an old version

could be a problem with the stats now after dlc,konami say if we add new dlc all the stats will be updated,this could reset all the changes youve made from pes 2011

could be a problem with the stats now after dlc,konami say if we add new dlc all the stats will be updated,this could reset all the changes youve made from pes 2011

Fucking hell man.

I would have been surprised if they had worked perfectly with the new game play of 2012, but it would have given me a head start. I really hope this is the only DLC that does this.

Ok:

Forward / defender speed - forwards stay ahead of the defender - too much, realistically or not enough

For now, and i mean just for now all this seems to be fine, there isn't anything there which is unbalanced. People have complained about the CPU dribbling but to be honest that's only down to certain players like Robinho etc.. overrated players having too high stats, Once you tone down the explosive stat for players who are truly slow i can't see anything which is needs serious work.

The only thing is crossing which i think is a bit too accurate and easy :)

Ok:

For now, and i mean just for now all this seems to be fine, there isn't anything there which is unbalanced. People have complained about the CPU dribbling but to be honest that's only down to certain players like Robinho etc.. overrated players having too high stats, Once you tone down the explosive stat for players who are truly slow i can't see anything which is needs serious work.

The only thing is crossing which i think is a bit too accurate and easy :)

One of the things I normally do is tone down some players with ridiculous stats that unbalance the game beyond what is realistic. Players like ronaldo normally have mental stats so I reduce them whilst keeping the gap between them and others.

I normally also normally improve a lot of players that aren't world famous, but should have better stats. This makes the game more interesting becomes more teams that are interesting to play against or use and more players worth buying in the master league, other than just the same players each time.

Chimps wouldn't it be better if you wait till after the first few dlc. Apparently at a recent event someone mentioned on the Discussion thread there's gonna be a lot of dlc released for pes2012

My short opinions (unlucky i won't play with your OF because of different Bles version).

Game difficulty - i think it is perfect balanced this year.
Game speed - too fast at 0, ok at -1
Balance - a little bit unbalanced. attacking seems to be favored over defending a little bit to much.
Shooting - too easy, too accurate, especially from wide range)
Dribbling - love it and seems almost perfect to me. movement is just a bit to fast for my taste.
Passing - playing with 2 bars. i'm happy here with short passing. long balls and through balls are to accurate.
Defending - tackling needs to be more accurate some times. i see a lot of missed tackles because of the quick movement from attackers.
Crossing - ok for me.
Possession - cpu needs to play a more possession style of game. they need to pass it around more.
Forward / defender speed - again, speed is a little bit to much.

I read about your OF in the past and it seems to be a very good one. Like every year i'm stunned by the incredible amount of time and passion that you guys spend while editing this game. So i wish you well :BYE:

Chimps wouldn't it be better if you wait till after the first few dlc. Apparently at a recent event someone mentioned on the Discussion thread there's gonna be a lot of dlc released for pes2012

I think after the first one we should be ok. It's not normally case for DLC's to affect stats. I think it just as this one is all about updating the roster it resets them.

From hearing that stats could be upgraded, I wondered how they could possibly move players about and update the game without overwriting the stats.

My short opinions (unlucky i won't play with your OF because of different Bles version).

Game difficulty - i think it is perfect balanced this year.
Game speed - too fast at 0, ok at -1
Balance - a little bit unbalanced. attacking seems to be favored over defending a little bit to much.
Shooting - too easy, too accurate, especially from wide range)
Dribbling - love it and seems almost perfect to me. movement is just a bit to fast for my taste.
Passing - playing with 2 bars. i'm happy here with short passing. long balls and through balls are to accurate.
Defending - tackling needs to be more accurate some times. i see a lot of missed tackles because of the quick movement from attackers.
Crossing - ok for me.
Possession - cpu needs to play a more possession style of game. they need to pass it around more.
Forward / defender speed - again, speed is a little bit to much.

I read about your OF in the past and it seems to be a very good one. Like every year i'm stunned by the incredible amount of time and passion that you guys spend while editing this game. So i wish you well :BYE:

Thanks for the feedback.

I don't really mind the editing of the major European leagues as enjoy the immediate change in game play you can see and then the continued tweaking to get the teams right.

I often play a large amount of games with and against teams from around Europe during the testing and get a great deal of satisfaction in knowing that I have created a team that I love playing with or against.

Once I am happy with how I am going to edit teams, the boring work starts of updating all the teams. I might do this in stepped releases this year, so that the first few leagues are done and then the rest of the teams in further releases. It's my girlfriend that I live with that feel most sorry for at this time of year

Hi Chimps-with-quiffs,

It's good to hear what you are doing and look forward to the new gameplay. Haven't got the game yet (thur or fri) so can't comment on what needs improving.

I understand when you say its hard on your partner when you spend a lot a time editing. I edited some of PES 5 this year but thankfully my wife was very understanding, she knows i'm a big kid really.

I noticed that you done OF's for old PES's. Is it still possible to get hold of these? Either the ps2 or ps3 ones. I tried the links but obviously it's so long ago the downloads are not there any more.

Thanks

Hi Chimps-with-quiffs,

It's good to hear what you are doing and look forward to the new gameplay. Haven't got the game yet (thur or fri) so can't comment on what needs improving.

I understand when you say its hard on your partner when you spend a lot a time editing. I edited some of PES 5 this year but thankfully my wife was very understanding, she knows i'm a big kid really.

I noticed that you done OF's for old PES's. Is it still possible to get hold of these? Either the ps2 or ps3 ones. I tried the links but obviously it's so long ago the downloads are not there any more.

Thanks

Which ones are you specifically after. Someone asked for a PES6 one e other day and I ended up spending an afternoon enjoying it when I realised I still had it installed.

Hi Chimps-with-quiffs,

Thanks

Which ones are you specifically after. Someone asked for a PES6 one e other day and I ended up spending an afternoon enjoying it when I realised I still had it installed.

I have last years ps3 one which I love that wasn't ever released if you want that

FYI Chimp: Go ahead and edit as many stats and player abilities as you want. The update won't affect them. I edited player stats (about 400) prior to downloading the update yesterday. Nothing happened. Everybody still has the stats and cards that I assigned them.

I have last years ps3 one which I love that wasn't ever released if you want that

That's great, don't mean to be greedy but could i have PES6 for ps2, PES2009 and exclusive PES2011 for ps3 please? Ive been reading the old threads and i was impressed with the positive feed back. Seems i missed out on your OF's.

Thanks Chimps-with-Quiffs

Game difficulty - too hard

Game speed - bit too fast

Balance - Too hard to defend

Shooting - way too difficult - too many crapy shoots

Dribbling - ist ok

Passing - sometimes too slow, but not unbalanced at all

Defending - needs made easier

Crossing - sometimes not enough, but not unbalanced at all

Possession - its ok

Forward / defender speed - forwards stay ahead of the defender - realistic

My game finally arrived today and I was able to upgrade my edited stats from last year and I am very happy with the results.

Until the proper full option file is released, here is my edit data. I would love feedback on it.

I spent months last year getting teams and players right and I am blown away that konami have made it so easy to upgrade my data to save me the work again.

Please try this file -

http://www.filesonic.com/file/2570801361/CHIMPS2012GAMEPLAY.rar

Do you have a brief run down of what changes you've made and what the desired effects are. Would just make it a little easier to spot them all and compare without me thinking 'maybe it was like that before'

Do you have a brief run down of what changes you've made and what the desired effects are. Would just make it a little easier to spot them all and compare without me thinking 'maybe it was like that before'

It should feel more balanced. The opposition will have the ball more. There should be no players who seem too good or too fast.

It should feel more naturally paced. It is also harder so you may want to drop the difficulty. Players should feel less floaty

My game finally arrived today and I was able to upgrade my edited stats from last year and I am very happy with the results.

Until the proper full option file is released, here is my edit data. I would love feedback on it.

I spent months last year getting teams and players right and I am blown away that konami have made it so easy to upgrade my data to save me the work again.

Please try this file -

http://www.filesonic.com/file/2570801361/CHIMPS2012GAMEPLAY.rar

A bit busy sunday and monday but look forward to giving it a try on tuesday. I will give you feedback then.

Back
Top Bottom