Game is getting worse :(

pboreham

Kick. Snare. Hat. Ride.
5 August 2002
C*lchester
Southend Utd
As there is no general discussion thread now, gonna have to post this here.

Is this game getting 'worse' for anyone? When I first got it, I thought it was superb and now I have the Von file, I've started a Master League (West Ham - I like a challenge!) and the game is getting incredibly frustrating.

1) Passes rarely go where you want now. Holding down the pass button doesnt always do a long pass to the next player which is frustrating - same with a 'long press' through ball.

2) Crossing seems abysmal - either using the R1 modifier (not sure what the default is, I change controls), or just a normal 'long pass' cross. Not scored a cross in ages as they are either massively overhit, or drop too short.

3) Sending offs are stupid. I've had at least 1 player sent off in my last 5 games in before that I had 3 in one match and 2 in another. You just cannot tackle.

4) The stupid 'falling backward' animation is doing my head in when you slide someone from the side.

5) The chants --- ARRRRGHHH the chants!

6) I've seen some instances of the ball rolling off course of its own accord - like warping to a different trajectory.

7) You cannot angle long passes now where you want, they go on a set trajectory - I've brought this up before in a few posts. You could do it in PES2008.

I'm gonna say that at this moment, I enjoyed PES2008 much more! And that is a shocking statement as PES2008 was pretty bad (I learned to love it).

Too me, it seems PES2009 is trying to cater for players of lesser ability - almost too much hand-holding, I dont feel any freedom in the play.

I had FIFA for 3 weeks and I am thinking that maybe I sold it too early just to get PES - I dont know why, but I really want to play FIFA again now just to try and get a good game of footie.

I'm facing up to the reality that this year, for the first time I can remember in my 20+ years playing games, that there is not a football game out that I can enjoy.

I wonder if both Konami and EA have lost site of the 'fun' factor in games in striving for 'realism'. Get back to basics, make the gameplay FUN...

Bah! I'm depressed...

Tbh I think this game is all about Be A Legend. That's about the only thing i play these days.

I had FIFA for 3 weeks and I am thinking that maybe I sold it too early just to get PES - I dont know why, but I really want to play FIFA again now just to try and get a good game of footie.

I guess this sentence tells everything, you gave more time for PES than to Fifa, i am sure that if you give Fifa another chance AND PLAY IT ON MANUAL SETTINGS you won´t regret, if you´re looking for a simulation game style.

Fifa on assisted is OK...
Fifa on MANUAL is SPETACULAR!

In another months time you'll probably be fed up with FIFA's niggling faults.

They're both flawed at the end of the day.

Chimps-with-quiffs, i assume and hope you're working on a modified option file?? pretty please...i enjoyed the one you made for the evolution patch in PES 2008

In another months time you'll probably be fed up with FIFA's niggling faults.

They're both flawed at the end of the day.

Yup, that's what annoys me so - as I said, no really good football game for me this year and that sucks.

There both flawed, but PES can be fixed and turned into a quality game.

Guess I'll plod on with PES - perhaps starting a new master league will lift my spirits. I still enjoy the BAL side of things, so I will get back into that too.

I cannot be arsed to go through and adjust all the stats by 2 points just to make the game play different... if only I had that amount of free time!

I cannot be arsed to go through and adjust all the stats by 2 points just to make the game play different...

Try 10 points!

Chimps is more of an expert, but just increasing the Teamwork stat improves the AI.

But yes, it is a massive ballache - really could have done with an editor.

I am in my 8th season now on be a legend at top level and at barca, i absolutely hate it, despise it in fact there was a brief season where it was fun but what the hell are youy supposed to do when the rest of the team stand still, or play passbacks to opposing teams? I hate the way players stop their runs cos you sorta angled your run, the AI is pathetic. I agree the game gets worse and worse the more you play it. Fifa is equally as garbage, its a sad day

I will hopefully release an option file which is an edited version of the Von OF tomorrow with the gameplay changed.

It will only have the Premier league stats edited to see what people think and becuase I got bored out of my mind changing each player. It took about an hour to do half the league, but once I played against each team it felt worth it.

The games looked and felt real, you cannot make mistakes or you will loose the ball and scoring goals needs a lot more thought.

I think this way, I should end up with an alround better game than using an editor as applying set changes to all players would have left some of the smaller teams still too easy to beat, but by improving them more, I found teams like Hull, Blackburn and Bolton hard to beat, which is probably how it should be.

Is your OF only for PS3 mate?

PS3 only for now.

I don't have the game on the PC yet. I may get it at some point when all the patches come out.

If not, if someone sends me a pc option file for a patch that most people use, I will have a go at it. It shouldnt take long for the PC version as there will be an editor by Goldo released soon that will allow my editing to be done in minutes, rather than hours.

I have no idea about the xbox version

I've been away from this forum for sometime, since the switch to PS3 really and the lack of modifications...

Sorry to say that I had to make a decision before splashing out on both titles which to choose, so I let a friend get both and played theirs...

While they both have flaws, Pro since Pro 4 to me seems to be going backwards, passing, animation, graphics actually game play too...

I had played and have hated FIFA for a good 10+ years, but the problems with FIFA are minor in comparison to Pro... And if you give it a chance and then go back and look at Pro, you'll see just how bad it's got!!!

As there is no general discussion thread now, gonna have to post this here.

Is this game getting 'worse' for anyone? When I first got it, I thought it was superb and now I have the Von file, I've started a Master League (West Ham - I like a challenge!) and the game is getting incredibly frustrating.

1) Passes rarely go where you want now. Holding down the pass button doesnt always do a long pass to the next player which is frustrating - same with a 'long press' through ball.

2) Crossing seems abysmal - either using the R1 modifier (not sure what the default is, I change controls), or just a normal 'long pass' cross. Not scored a cross in ages as they are either massively overhit, or drop too short.

point 1) is so true, they should have made this more logical so that you've got an idea where it's gonna go when you pass the ball, fifa09 made this really good, much more control over the passing in that game

Point 2) maybe give another manual long pass option a try

If anyone is interested, my option file is about 50% done and I hope to release a version with all players in club teams edited by the end of the week.

I had planned on releasing a version with just premier league teams finished, but will wait until all league are done first. Unless someone wants to test the gameplay for feedback.

So far I have half Seria A, all the Premier League, 1/3 dutch league and 1/5 of league B

If not, if someone sends me a pc option file for a patch that most people use, I will have a go at it. It shouldnt take long for the PC version as there will be an editor by Goldo released soon that will allow my editing to be done in minutes, rather than hours.

I'm aware u still don't have a PC ver yet. Just responding to yer suggestion. good luck with the PS3 OF tho.

Here is a link to an new gameplay file I have been working on.

http://files.filefront.com/Chimps+PS3+Gameplay+Edit+5rar/;12453698;/fileinfo.html

It uses the Von 1.4 option file as it was the best available when I started editing and as there is no 3rd party editor with global stat adjustments available for the PS3, I did not want to start again when he brought out 1.5 (this has 2 extra teams and some third kits)

The Von option file is quality and has correct names, teams and kits for La Liga and Premier league and a great deal of credit should go to him for making it.

The gameplay is edited to make the game more realistic. You have less time on the ball as the opposition will mark you closer and will attempt to tackle you if your near them insted of running along beside you. The opposition will also pass the ball better and try to keep the ball more and should attack in different patterns.

Games are tougher, but more enjoyable for it, with teams that would normally be easy to beat in PES games, sometimes hard to break down as they would be in real life. I have tried to make it so that better teams will be harder to beat and you shouldnt be able to pen a team in their half for all the game.

As all players were edited individually, I think think this will be a much more consistant option file as one done with global stat editing as some players would have been too good if adjustments were blindly applied to all and some teams would have remained poor, even with the stat changes.

I am after feedback on what people think of the games playability, speed and difficulty. This was made to be played on Top Player as I think it plays best on it.

Team edited so far -

Premier League - Complete
Seria A - Complete
La Liga -

Barcelona
Real Madrid

Eredivisie -

Ajax
Feynoord
PSV

Group A -

Bayern Munich