Galatasaray SK Thread

Re: The Galatasaray SK Thread

03G,

Is it true Gala were interested in Petit (benfica) and Custódio (Sporting)?

The media talked about that here, but I think it was media crap, any news from that in turkey?

Galatasaray don't link a player any more.We need a DMF but Toulouse want to take 7 million dolars for him.

What style does gala play? Its a 4-3-2-1 triangular attacking formation correct? I think they have to spread it out onto the flanks a little and if I was boss I'd bring a core group of Dutch players to bolster the mental strength and be the nucleus of the squad. Maybe a 3-2-2-1-2 diamond shaped with the 2 offensive midfielders spreading out to the flanks creating a hole in the middle to provide ammo for the 2 strikers up front to pepper the oppositions goalie with shots.

Galatasaray prefer this formation last season
-------Mondragon-------
Cihan-Song-Tomas-Orhan
------Saidou---------
Hasan---------Sabri
Hakan Şükür------Necati(Ü.Karan)

We get the title.

This season by the way of new comers.Like Arda Turan,Mehmet Güven,Özgürcan Özcan our head coach changed system a litte bit.He using two Dmf starting of match.In second half he take one of Dmf and get a forward.
-----------Mondragon----------
Cihan-Song-Tomas(Tolga)---Orhan
--------Okan---Ayhan-----------
Sabri(Hasan Sas)----------Arda(wonderkid)
------------Sasa İlic---------
------------H.Şükür--------

By the way we have only three forwards usable.H.Şükür,Necati Ateş,Özgürcan Özcan.Necati not get fit.Özgürcan not ready for first team he will going on loan in few days.Arda came back loan this year and he plays very well.We hope other youngesters get fit as Arda.Ümit Karan and Hasan Kabze recovering from their unjirys upcoming weeks.And then we back to old powerfull system..

Galatasaray transfered Junichi Inamoto from West Bromwich Albion. :applause:

For CL, if Galatasaray beat Bordeaux and PSV in Istanbul, we can qualify at second round easily. But, I'm worrying about Liverpool matches. I hope we can beat them at Ataturk Stadium also in Anfield too.

About our formation, last match Galatasaray played 4-4-2 formation. I dont think that it will change after Inamoto transfer.

After Denizlispor match, Galatasaray will wait Bordeaux to Istanbul. Orhan Ak and Tolga Seyhan wont play at Bordeaux match. These players will be big loss for Galatasaray deffence. Anyway, we're moving to Ataturk Olympic Stadium again. Our rivals will have hard times against our fiery and fanatic 80.000 supporters. More than 45.000 special tickets for 3 CL match was finished in one day. (I've to buy tomorrow.) Cant wait for Liverpool match at Istanbul.

Here is pics from Olympic Stadium with GS fans.

olumunesevdiql8.jpg

ataturkgn4.jpg

And Gerets, please kick Cihan out of team.

Galatasaray: 0 - Girondins de Bordeaux: 0

Galatasaray hosting the French team, Girondins de Bordeaux at the first match of Champions League Group C couldn’t evaluate absolute goal positions and left the game without any goals so Galatasaray has started to Champions League with one point. The details of the match as follows:

Match Info
Match: Champions League The Group C 1st Match
Stadium: Atatürk Olimpiyat Stadium
Date: September 12, Tuesday 9:45 p.m.
Referees: Roberto Rossetti, Angelo Carretta, Marco Ivaldi/ 4th Referee: Enrico Rocchi
Injured Players: Hakan Şükür, Orhan Ak, Tolga Seyhan, Mehmet Güven, Ergün Penbe (Galatasaray); Smicer, Fernando (Bordeaux)
Suspended: Mavuba (Bordeaux)
Weather Forecast: It is half cloudy in the match day. Temperature is 19°C.

Live Broadcast
TV: Star TV
Internet: www.galatasaray.org

Squads
Galatasaray
Mondragon, Tomas, Song, Ferhat, Hasan Şaş, Inamoto, Sabri, Arda, İliç, Necati, Ümit Karan

Substitutes
Aykut, Carrusca, Ayhan, Emre Aşık, Cihan, Mehmet Topal, Hasan Kabze

Girondins de Bordeaux
Rame, Jemmali, Marange, Planus, Ducasse, Jurietti, Micoud, Faubert, Wendell, Chamakh, Darcheville

Substitutes
Valverde, Alonso, Henrique, Francia, Laslandes, Perea, Dalmat

Yellow Card: Ducasse (Bordeaux)
Red Card: None

First Half
1' The enthusiasm of Champions League has started. We wish success to Galatasaray which participates to Champions League for the tenth time. Our belief to the first and only Turkey champion of Europe is endless.
3' Galatasaray gives away a free-kick following a challenge on Bordeaux.
8' Bordeaux takes the corner.
15' Hasan Sas delivers the corner.
18' Bordeaux gives away a free-kick following a challenge on Tomas.
25' First yellow card of the game. Ducasse is cautioned by the referee.
29' Galatasaray wanted to get out fast but the pass Hasan Şaş misses the target.
37' Bordeaux is flagged for offside.
39' Mondragón Galatasaray makes a save.
43' Hasan Sas commits a foul after challenging Jemmali.
45' The referee blows for half-time.

There is an even score without any goal at Atatürk Olimpiyat Stadium at the first 45 minutes.

Second Half
46' The second half begins with the stroke of Bordeaux. Good luck Galatasaray…
47' No substitution both of the teams at the second half.
50' Big support of Galatasaray fans continue. More than 70.00 fans in the stands sound: “Attack, attack, attack. For these big fans attack”
55' Galatasaray press with attacks from right and left in order to make Bordeaux defense fault.
58' Sabri takes the corner.
61' Hasan Kabze in - Ümit out at Galatasaray.
67' Bordeaux commits a foul after challenging Song.
73' Arda fouls.
76' Two substitutions at Galatasaray. Instead of Hasan Şaş and İliç Cihan and Mehmet Topal in.
80' Arda is on the ground of Bordeaux’ penalty area but the referee hasn’t stopped the game.
85' Two substitutions at French team. Chamakh and Darcheville out, Lilian and Perea in.
89' Necati misses the target. A net position couldn’t be scored.
90' 3 minutes added time
90'+3' The final whistle is blown.

Galatasaray has started to Champions League with one point.

Istanbul Derby 17.09.2006 at Ali Sami Yen.

Galatasaray SK 1 - 0 Besiktas JK

'31 Umit Karan (PK)

Trabzonspor 3 - 2 Galatasaray

Referees: Selçuk Dereli, Mustafa Emre Eyisoy, Mustafa Sönmez, Özgüç Türkalp

Trabzonspor: Jefferson, Ferhat, Stepanov, Fatih, Mustafa, Murat, Marcelo(77 Szmkowiak), Hasan, Musa, Gökdeniz ( 89 Umut), Ersen Martin (69 Ömer Rıza)

Galatasaray: Mondragon, Tomas, Song(39 Emre), Hakan Şükür, Hasan Şaş, Ayhan(70 Özgürcan), Inamoto, Ferhat(26 Orhan Ak), Sabri, Arda, Ümit

Booked: 72 Gökdeniz, 85 Jefferson, 90 Hasan(Trabzonspor), 7Mondragon, 49 Orhan Ak, 89 Hakan Şükür(Galatasaray)

Goals: 7 Gökdeniz, 17,47 Ersen Martin (Trabzonspor), 42 Hakan Şükür(Galatasaray)

I feel sorry for u guys!!! :D
anti Galatasaray!!!=;

No problem.

We've a important match at Wendesday with Liverpool in England. I think Eric Gerets was focused on that match. And CL is very important tournament and special teams can join that tournament. That's why Galatasaray didnt play with full team against Trabzon.

And good luck against Rangers, oops sorry Ranfers.. What is the name of that f*cking Danish team name? Forget it, good luck at UEFA Cup in Thursday.

8)

important match or emberassment ? you tied with the shitest team in CL and now you are saying its important match against liverpool, forget it you will not make CL any good for turkey anyways.

And stop your dumb excuse " That's why Galatasaray didnt play with full team against Trabzon." hahahaha.

Fenerbahce teamwork is settling in , we started with alot of changes and now try to adapt with players once that is stable you have no chance :D (not, kezmanin attigi super golu hakan sukurunuz atsinda gorelim , mauahah )

Dont forget 2002 season, Fener was the worst team with "0" points after FC Kosice. We made too many thing to Turkey, If Fener joins CL, last 3 years, it depends on Galatasaray points.

And then, I belive that we'll be succesfull in CL, if not, we will succes in UEFA. Dont worry, this is Galatasaray not Fenerbahce, Europeans knows this name not Feners.

your starting to get back into the game. Your obviously targetted Aurelio's weak defensive abillities ;) (very impressive going foward though)

Unlucky guys. You really made an impression on me today. You bossed the midfield away from home. We played too direct and got punished (well nearley)

Sukur's miss at the end:shock:

He's a legend in my eyes anyway, one of my fav strikers.

I hope Liverpool and Gala qualify :D What a performance by Crouchodinhio. Two great finshes and a bash on the head from Song.

Last edited:

Massacre_1907 said:
Robocrouch :mrgreen:

Which team you play tomorrow in CL??
Barca,Real,Chealse..:roll:

Ohhh so sorry ı forgat you eleminated by Dynamo Kiev.:lmao: :lmao:

Good Luck in Denmark against Randers.I hope you qualify for groups.:applause:

If we play like second 45,we will up a group in Cl.

Now the time for Support Fenerbahce,Kayseri,Trabzonspor,Besiktas..Let's get the winnings guys.:applause: :applause:

03Gs1905 said:
Which team you play tomorrow in CL??
Barca,Real,Chealse..:roll:

Ohhh so sorry ı forgat you eleminated by Dynamo Kiev.:lmao: :lmao:

Good Luck in Denmark against Randers.I hope you qualify for groups.:applause:

If we play like second 45,we will up a group in Cl.

Now the time for Support Fenerbahce,Kayseri,Trabzonspor,Besiktas..Let's get the winnings guys.:applause: :applause:

Indeed, come on KAYSERISPOR, Fenerbahçe, Besiktas and Trabzonspor!! make us happy

Peter Eyres said:
Unlucky guys. You really made an impression on me today. You bossed the midfield away from home. We played too direct and got punished (well nearley)

Suker's miss at the end:shock:

He's a legend in my eyes anyway, one of my fav strikers.

I hope Liverpool and Gala qualify :D What a performance by Crouchodinhio. Two great finshes and a bash on the head from Song.

Suker :lmao: :lmao:

He is Hakan Sukur.

Crouch played so well.He is so long for Galatasaray defence.1,96 crouch defened by 1,86 song..We qualify from this group.

If we play like Liverpool's match second half, we can qualify from this group easily. After our first goal, Galatasaray played like our old days with Hagi and others.

For players, Sasa Ilic and Umit Karan was awesome, others like Hasan Sas, Arda Turan, Sabri Sarıoğlu, Rigobert Song and Stepjan Tomas was pretty good. But there was 2 players that must sack from this team quickly. Cihan Haspolatli and Orhan Ak. They made serious mistakes and we saw goal at our nets because of their stupid mistakes, especially Cihan.

For Liverpool, they were good in first half. Especially Pennant, Luis Garcia and Fabio Aurelio. I dont think that Crouch did too many things. He was tall and our deffence let him score. He wasnt played good for me. And after our second goal, most popular stadium Anfield and most popular supporters called "KOP" was in deep silent for last 15 minutes. And we can clearly hear Galatasaray supporters chants from the TV. If Hakan Sukur scores last chance, I think that we could hear too many Galatasaray chants from the TV till end of the match.

extremely dissappointed with gala's loss to psv at home. we can kiss next round of cl goodbye. :(

Too bad to say goodbye to CL. :(

First half,

Galatasaray 2 - 1 Liverpool (I hope match will finish like that.)

Who cares? We couldnt qualify from that group, so it's not matter for me.

Week 18,

Galatasaray 3 - 1 Bursaspor

Thanks Mondi for that match. He saved more that 10 goals. :D

Dinime laf eden, benden müslüman olsa diye bir söz vardır bilirmisin? Yedi eksikli Palermo'yu yendiniz, Frankfurt'tuda kendi evinizde nasıl yendiğinizi sen biliyosun, 20 dakka o büyük taraftarınızdan gık çıkmayarak grupları geçtiniz görcez bakalım Avrupa kaşarları, AZ Alkmaar sizinle nasıl taşak geçicek çok merak ediyorum.

i hope Sabri goes to Blackburn and Arda to Arsenal .... then they will get better and be more useful for the national team. if not, Arda can always try kick boxing :D

Back
Top Bottom