Friendly Games

gonalois

KING OF LISBON
15 July 2011
Sintra,Lisboa
SL Benfica
This is the thread for the friendly games :))

Friendly´ that I Know for this Summer:

Porto vs Maastrich;

Porto vs Marseille;

Sporting vs Penarol ;

Sporting vs Real Sociedad;

Benfica vs Sao Paulo;

Benfica vs Girondins du Bordeuax;

Rio Ave vs Newcastle;

Paços de Ferreira vs Newcastle;

Sp.Braga vs Newcastle;

Sp.Braga vs Norwich;

Arouca vs Deportivo la Coruna;

Rio Ave vs Deportivo La Coruna; :SMUG:

Arsenal play Vietnam, Indonesia, Nagoya Grampus and Urawa Red Diamons during the Asia tour, and the Emirates Cup will be host to Napoli, Porto and Galatasaray.

Good start for Saint-Étienne. We beat Wolfsburg after penalties, but we should've easily won the game in the regular 90 minutes. We played them off the park a lot of the time and their goal came in the 90th minute after a mistake by Mayi.

The Aubam-Mkhitaryan-Reus trio is amazing! Dortmund looks stronger actually, few games more just so the team sync with itself and we have another powerhouse back.

The Aubam-Mkhitaryan-Reus trio is amazing! Dortmund looks stronger actually, few games more just so the team sync with itself and we have another powerhouse back.

What formation are they going with?

Will be interesting to see how they fit that attacking array in over the season!

Seemed pretty much like last year with Mkhitaryan taking Götze's place, Aubameyang upfront, until Schieber came and then he took the right side (I think he's going to play on the right side once Lewy is back) That's pretty much it. Klopp still prefers the 4-2-3-1 scheme.

Seemed pretty much like last year with Mkhitaryan taking Götze's place, Aubameyang upfront, until Schieber came and then he took the right side (I think he's going to play on the right side once Lewy is back) That's pretty much it. Klopp still prefers the 4-2-3-1 scheme.
Is Lewandowski definitely out?

Lewandowski stays this season, he will join Bayern next season on a free.

Will be something like this at the start of the season:

-------------------------Weidenfeller------------------------
--Großkreutz----Subotic-----Hummels---Schmelzer---
--------------------Bender------Gündogan-----------------
---Blaszczykowski----Mkhitaryan---------Reus--------
-------------------------Lewandowski----------------------

Großkreutz will play instead of Piszczek who is injured for the first half of the season.
Sokratis and youngstar Durm can also take this place. I think Aubameyang will be on
the bench on the start of the season.

Großkreutz has to be the most flexible player in the World! I think he's played in every position, even goalkeeper!

BTW is Sahin staying for good, or will he be returning to Madrid?
We loaned him for 1 and a half year, so he is a player of us next season, too. I'm 100% sure we will make use of the buy option this season.

Großkreutz has to be the most flexible player in the World! I think he's played in every position, even goalkeeper!
Exactly, he played as goalkeeper, defender, every midfield role and in some friendly matches at the time he joined as striker. :D

Last edited:
Yep, he's living the dream every football fan wants: playing for the team you've supported since you were a kid. I think that's why he will play anywhere, simply because he loves BVB so much.

Borussia Dortmund - Bursaspor 4:1
1:0 Lewandowski (13.)
2:0 Aubameyang (45.)
3:0 Reus (62.)
4:0 Aziz (own goal, 69.)
4:1 Cinas (89.)

BVB First Half: Langerak - Durm, Hummels, Sarr, Bandowski - Gündogan, Sahin - Blaszczykowski, Mkhitaryan, Aubameyang - Lewandowski

BVB Second Half: Weidenfeller - Großkreutz, Subotic, Sokratis, Schmelzer - Kirch, Bender - Hofmann, Ducksch, Reus - Schieber

I think Reus might be one of my favourite players, he's certainly on my list of players I'd love to see in a United shirt even if its an odd signing!

Some interesting results with teams from the 2. Bundesliga today:

Fortuna Düsseldorf - AS Monaco 3:2
VfL Bochum - Aston Villa 1:1
Karlsruher SC - FC Valencia 2:1

FC Luzern - Borussia Dortmund 1:4
0:1 Ducksch (9.)
0:2 Lewandowski (28.)
1:2 Leczano (38.)
1:3 Mkhitaryan (43.)
1:4 Reus (55.)

BVB First Half: Langerak - Sokratis, Subotic, Hummels, Bandowski - Gündogan, Kirch - Hofmann, Mkhitaryan, Ducksch (33. Durm) - Lewandowski

BVB Second Half: Langerak - Durm, Subotic, Sarr, Schmelzer - Sahin - Blaszczykowski, Großkreutz - Aubameyang, Schieber, Reus

Mkhitaryan injured and out for about a month, he misses the start of the Bundesliga season :(

FC Augsburg - AS Monaco 1:0

1:0 Mölders (15.)

Instead of only playing with their best players in the second half only as against Düsseldorf Monaco played with Falcao etc. from the begin, and still lost to a team struggling to remain in the Bundesliga last year. If they want to compete with PSG they have to get a lot better I think.

VfB Stuttgart - FC Valencia 1:0

1:0 Schwaab (3.)

Last edited:
Yeah, they lost most of their preparation matches, but it doesn't really matter because Ranieri is just testing his players and his tactical choices ATM. If you look at the lineups, you'll see that it changes every time, so it isn't the same players combination loosing over and over again.
They should be fine by the time the league starts, as the chemistry would be there ;)

Rio Ave(Hassan 2x,AG Santon) 3 x 1 Newcastle(Shola Ameobi)

Gil Vicente(Bruno Moraes,AG Clerc) 2 x 2 Saint Etienne(Corgnet,Brandão)

Farense(Matias,Rafael,Diop,Joao Reis) 4 x 0 Nathaniel Boys :)

Back
Top Bottom