Frame rate, lag and stutter issues

bigbhoy85

Non-League
20 October 2011
Anyone else having problems with these?

I have been playing the demo on the PS3 and it quite often stutters or misses a few frames. It's usually worst when defenders head away across, a shot is blocked or when a player receives a pass.

It has existed in the last few PES games I thought Konami would have ironed this out by now!

I play the game at +1 speed on mid range camera.

Cheers :))

yeah, I have one of those too, I would suggest doing a format of the drive on the ps3, like I said you can back up saved game data on to a usb stick and copy it back afterwards if need be :)

Not sure if this would sort the problem as it's only with PES games everything else is fine! Is anyone else experiencing slight stuttering and slowdown in the game?

When I played on Xbox there was always a noticeable slowdown when a goal was scored when the ball crossed the line. Now I'm on PC and no slowdown or lag at all,

Not sure if this would sort the problem as it's only with PES games everything else is fine! Is anyone else experiencing slight stuttering and slowdown in the game?

agree

I am really upset with these incompetent KONAMI, use a ridiculous graphics engine, and problems with framerate.

I played (PC VERSION)
dirt 3
image_dirt_3-15260-2100_0004.jpg

dead space,
dead-space-600.jpg

60 FPS CONSTANT, no lag, no bug!

PES 2012

PES2013enespaniol.jpg

konami rubbish :RANT:

Last edited:
I don't have any problems whatsoever. In fact, PES of this generation is least demanding game ever. :lol:

Disable frame skipping in settings.exe and enable V-Sync. :p

But that's for PC ;).

If you're on Consoles, you're screwed ^^.

Sometimes game stutter(framerate don't change) for a split second when ball is about to get by the goal line. Also framerate drops on close up cutscenes for some reason, although normal gameplay always 60fps with ~30% gpu usage only.

I change the game priority to high in task manager and then it runs smooth. By default this is set to normal and the game suffers from loads of stutter. Has the same issue with pes2012 and this fix worked with that also.

That's a good tip. Do you have to do that every time you run the demo or will Windows remember it's priority?

You can make a simple batch file and run the game from there.

Example, open notepad and type the below

@echo off

cd /d "C:\Program Files\KONAMI\Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 DEMO"

start /high Pes2013 - pes2013.exe

Then save as pes2013.bat to save as a batch file

I tried running as high priority but doesn't affect me, it runs perfectly smooth anyway so I'm fine.

Think it only affects some people. Not sure whether its a vista, windows 7 issue or could be ATI GFX Card users. All I know is I've had the issue on most pes games but this fix has worked on 12 and 13 so I'm happy.

Think it only affects some people. Not sure whether its a vista, windows 7 issue or could be ATI GFX Card users. All I know is I've had the issue on most pes games but this fix has worked on 12 and 13 so I'm happy.

Do you get 60fps in window mode? And, if yes, was that change you made who did this?

its a well known problem/issue with the ati cards, nothing new thus far. pes and ati are not good in the mix, its a shame.

its a well known problem/issue with the ati cards, nothing new thus far. pes and ati are not good in the mix, its a shame.

is true.
My neighbor has a pretty old machine, yet playing pes 2013 demo too fluid.

Luckily I could make a ovelocking, and improve performance even a little (GRAPHICS CARD) :APPLAUD:

The stutter on the consoles is terrible. It seems to be a lot worse when the game speed is upped to +1 or +2 as if the game can't handle it! :?:?

On PC i cured the stutter by turning off Aero.......start/computer/manage/services/windows desktop management...right click stop.

I also disabled Anti virus, run DXoverider and gamebooster 3. All a bit of a pain but works.

Demo 2 still stuttering away on PS3. It really ruins the game at times. In this day and age is it so much to ask to have a game that runs smoothly?? It seems to be worst when ball deflects of players, when corners are cleared and when keepers make saves.

Will be the greatest football game to date if they would just sort this out. :CONFUSE:

Again, seems to be worse when playing at +2 speed as if the game can't handle it which is ruining it for those of us who like a fast paced game. Would be the perfect game if Konami were able to smooth this out before release :?:?:?

the stutter on consoles in down to the compression of the sound, to get the demo file size down, there wont be any stutter in the retail, its been the same the last 3 years now.

the stutter on consoles in down to the compression of the sound, to get the demo file size down, there wont be any stutter in the retail, its been the same the last 3 years now.

Didn't realise that but if so then happy days as the stutter and frame skipping is terrible!

Back
Top Bottom