formatting problem !

Valon

Banned
30 September 2010
Atlanta GA
Liverpool & Lecce
hi guys , i have a HP laptop and monitor (LED) its broken , i usally connect it with one DELL monitor 18 inch and it works good , i had some updates for graphic or so and when i did them it dont connect more to DELL Monitor , I cant go in options or see anything on led of laptop .... on dell i see "things" untill goes to "windows" than dont connect more ! im suing windows 7 , maybe any of u guys can help me on this ?

ok thanks for help and sorry for my bad english !

Last edited:
Re: Laptop connect to Monitor need help !

do you have a shortcut key on your keyboard with a function button?

some HP have quick launch and if you have a FN button then hold that down and F4 sometimes for monitor (might be different on yours)

did you try resetting your monitor? Usually that will revert it to 1024x768 and then you can change the resolution/output.

do you have a shortcut key on your keyboard with a function button?

some HP have quick launch and if you have a FN button then hold that down and F4 sometimes for monitor (might be different on yours)

yes it works :D thanks a lot mate , i know there should be a way but didnt know which button was so good works with F4 :D

guys need some more help now haha

this pc was working really bad and a lot of things on it , so i want to format it and put Windows XP than i start format , clean disk , format goes 100 % good , when its COPYING FILES when goes to about 10-20 % laptop off and now i cant start more as windows its "deleted" now tried a lot of times and same thing sometimes laptop off on 5 % sometimes goes till 18% or something like this !

what can be foult for this why pc stop anyone know what to do ?

Has it not got a recovery partition u can restore back to factory?

What file does it have a problem copying?

it have a recovery partition but there is no "back up" file , and i cant create it coz dont work when windows was good working !

and its not one specific file , it dont stop to one file it just stop today goes untill 55% and stop , i thought laptop goes on fire much hot but its not for that too !

So the recovery partition never worked? Can't you just delete it and format the whole disk? Is there a problem with your hard drive?

thanks for ur help guys problem sloved !

actualy it didnt creat restore file before i try many times doing it and i get error so dont know was bad something , than when i was formating it stop without reason on 10% , 20% etc after trying soo many times it goes copying files untill 100%

than after 1 min pc off again so i was just lucky that time , but as it did copy files i dont need to do more so next part was installing windows , pc off again when was near to "finalizy" windows when remain about 1-8 min , but after trying , need to dont try more for about 1-2 hours like for make it "cold" all tho it dont become so hot but dont know why need relax before next try lol

so finaly it start and was finish , than need to download wi fi drivers on one other pc and install than thanks to driver scanner i install all missing drivers and now it works amazing , its a not bad notebook with 4 gb ram , 250 gb hard drive , 2.0 dual ore cpu , so before taking one ew was good to give a try to this one ....

Back
Top Bottom