Form arrows explained . . .or not!

dannythefrogs

Non-League
12 October 2011
Kent
Liverpool
Right guys I'm wondering if anyone has got to the bottom of the ''FORM ARROWS'' as of yet?

Are there general rules to them changing or do they stay the same?

Which begs the question, why does each player have an individual FORM rating in their stats if this doesn't effect actual form?

Admittedly I've only played about 10 games in the ''On Line Master League'' so I've not had much time to work this out but I'm finding it confusing.

Example 1;
I bought M.Diouf and he comes in as a Red Arrow (good form) . . happy days . . .

Example 2;
I bought a random goalkeeper and he's down grey form (bad form) . . .nightmare . . .

Example 3;
With my next signing I made sure I did some more research . . I actually looked at all the stats and when purchasing Diamanti I think his FORM Rating was like 5/6 and his form in the R1 options tab was Up Yellow.

I signed him and he's down grey . . .:CONFUSE:!!!!!

Plus this form never seems to change so I'm happy with Diouf on red hot but the keeper and Diamanti will have to be sold if the form doesn't change . . .hard times!

Any ideas?

Right guys I'm wondering if anyone has got to the bottom of the ''FORM ARROWS'' as of yet?

Are there general rules to them changing or do they stay the same?

Which begs the question, why does each player have an individual FORM rating in their stats if this doesn't effect actual form?

Admittedly I've only played about 10 games in the ''On Line Master League'' so I've not had much time to work this out but I'm finding it confusing.

Example 1;
I bought M.Diouf and he comes in as a Red Arrow (good form) . . happy days . . .

Example 2;
I bought a random goalkeeper and he's down grey form (bad form) . . .nightmare . . .

Example 3;
With my next signing I made sure I did some more research . . I actually looked at all the stats and when purchasing Diamanti I think his FORM Rating was like 5/6 and his form in the R1 options tab was Up Yellow.

I signed him and he's down grey . . .:CONFUSE:!!!!!

Plus this form never seems to change so I'm happy with Diouf on red hot but the keeper and Diamanti will have to be sold if the form doesn't change . . .hard times!

Any ideas?

Are these created players? Are you using an option file you downloaded?

This was a know bug last year with created players

Reading these from the PESFAN Official MLO thread:

(P.24+)On the subject of form, I have a theory. I think that form goes from red to gray and back to red incrementally, changing based on the players form stat. ie. if a player has form 4 he will stay on a low form arrow longer and on a high arrow for a shorter period. If he has form 8 he will stay on form longer etc. I also have a feeling that playing time and possibly performance may affect this, but since players have the same form for everyone, maybe the game takes into account performance and play time of a certain player by all users on a given day.

I don't know this, but it also appears that the more people buy a player the worse his form gets but this is just speculation.

Regarding form I think you are right, if you look at the players graph (press triangle) you'll see two lines, one for form and one for price changes. You'll see that form is either always going down or always going up. So I think what you say is correct, its a cycle and the Form attribute will determine how long they'll stay as Red, Orange arrow etc.

Form varies day to day, it fluctuates dependant on the form stat but the arrow will stay the same for the full days play.

Every player's form arrow seems to go from purple to red, and back again. Alex Teixeira is purple now, but give it a day or two and he should be green, and then red in a few more days.

Whoever has the best form arrow I would say, especially if you are spending a lot on a player, you don't want to be tied to them for 10 games if they have purple/blue arrows. And if one is red, and one is green, then I would go for the one with a "red" arrow. You can always sell them at the end of the contract, and bring in the other (or someone else) if their form changes.

Regarding the Players Form, it does move up and down all the time. From lightning red to awful purple.
This seems to happened to every Player.

most common sense is: The "Form" Stat determines how long the players Form stay at a certain level, how quick the Form changes.
i.e. some players form does change everyday - a lot - , some players may need a whole week to come from red to purple.
And, some Players stay longer on positive form with a short bad form phase...

In my opinion the form works 2 ways
1) natural predictable up and down over a period of several days it goes from the highest red to the lowest purple
2) based on the rapid acquisition of a particular player makes their form go down after a while to discourage more people from whoring a particular player.

So in essence ur not 'attached' to any one particular player and ur forced to rotate to a degree, you can still hold on to a player and wait for his form to return. its ur call

I do this. It means I have a pretty large squad, but I can do without a player for a day or three when the arrow is purple.

Form (Morale) stays the same for a day at least [but can obviously be for longer]. The next morning it may change or may not depending on the form stat and the number of people with that player. Player details and press triangle to see a graph of their form.

Right thats cleared that up for me pretty much, I've started to get used to the form a little bit now. It does indeed change from day to day as you said.

Great reply Shorty Alien, cheers!

Back
Top Bottom