Football Manager 2016 [PC/TAB/MOB]

bsmaff

International
11 August 2003
Hertfordshire
Exeter City
Football Manager is the most realistic, in-depth and immersive football management simulation available – it’s the closest thing to doing the job for real. Taking control of any squad from more than 50 countries across the world, you decide who plays and who sits on the bench, deal with the media and solve player problems. You're in total control of tactics, team-talks, substitutions and pitch-side instructions as you follow the match live with the acclaimed 3D match engine.

Fans who pre-purchase Football Manager 2016 will be rewarded with a download key for ‘An Alternative Reality: the Football Manager Documentary’. In addition, they will also enjoy access to a fully-playable Beta version of the game, which will be available roughly two weeks prior to the official release date. Careers started in this Beta version will continue in the full game.

New Game Mode – Create-A-Club
For the first time, Football Manager 2016 allows fans to add their own custom-built club to any league they choose, through the single player ‘Create-a-club’ mode. Create-A-Club allows you to name the club, add yourself and a friend to the line-up, edit the squad to your heart’s content and even choose the colours.

New Game Mode – Fantasy Draft
Create your dream team and take on your mates in ‘Fantasy Draft’ mode. Starting with a fixed budget, each manager builds a squad from scratch, competing with other managers to sign the best talent before going head-to-head against one another in a mini-league.

Manager on the Touchline
Get closer to the action than ever before with your own customisable character to bark out instructions and join the celebrations from the touchline.

Improved Matchday Experience
More than 2,000 new animations, alongside lots of other graphical improvements and improved AI, make the Football Manager 2016 match view the best ever.

Multi match highlights
A highlights package available to easily view other fixtures in your own competition (or others) to keep you up-to-date with everything that’s going on in the world around you.

Prozone Match Analysis
Sports Interactive’s partnership with the leading sports statistics provider, Prozone, has seen a wide reaching revamp of the in-game match analysis tool, adding lots of useful functionality whilst also making it a lot more prominent and easier to use.

Set-Piece Creator
Football Manager 2016’s powerful, yet easy-to-use set piece creator allows managers to set up multiple set piece routines to be used across multiple tactics; with different set pieces for each set piece taker, new zonal marking options and much, much more.

More Realistic Injuries
Sports Interactive has worked alongside a number of physiotherapists, doctors and related organisations to ensure that the depiction and treatment of injuries in Football Manager 2016 is more realistic than ever before. This doesn’t mean that fewer injuries will be sustained, but that those which do occur will be treated and develop more realistically. Injuries will now be determined during matches, while new injury types have been added and there is now a tangible distinction between player condition and match sharpness.

Expanded Press Interaction
Press conferences are more varied than ever before, with many new conversations to be had with the press, especially more contextual questions & responses. In addition, unemployed managers can now use media interviews to help get them back into the game.

Stats, Stats, Stats
Managers now have access to more detailed statistical information than ever before, with the introduction of a revamped stats screen and an all-new rolling stats panel.

New and Improved Screens
Information is now easier to find as a result of a revamp to many of the main screens, including player overview, tactics, the manager’s home screen and the transfer offer screen.

And Much, Much More...
Further additions and updates include staff shortlisting, improved manager and staff movement, revised board requests, a revamp of board confidence, more contextual team talks, fully updated competition rules & squad information, an improved financial module, improved AI transfers and team selection, new social media features and many more – all of which combine to make Football Manager 2016 the most complete and immersive simulation of football management ever.

I want to know if FM Touch implies a few more features than Classic ever had.

I tried Classic but without being able to talk to the players and do team-talks etc. I don't feel like I'm in control of a lot of the important parts of the game.

So I ended up buying a Surface Pro-type tablet to play the full game and just got bogged down in all the smaller things that don't actually matter, and gave up after a couple of weeks...

I want to know if FM Touch implies a few more features than Classic ever had.

I tried Classic but without being able to talk to the players and do team-talks etc. I don't feel like I'm in control of a lot of the important parts of the game.

So I ended up buying a Surface Pro-type tablet to play the full game and just got bogged down in all the smaller things that don't actually matter, and gave up after a couple of weeks...

The whole point of the classic mode last year was that a casual player could just manage a few aspects of the club and do a season in a couple of hours rather than playing the normal game which takes about 10 hours to complete a season.

The whole point of the classic mode last year was that a casual player could just manage a few aspects of the club and do a season in a couple of hours rather than playing the normal game which takes about 10 hours to complete a season.
Yeah I realise that, and that's great for most, but I think they could add more features in and let you keep the "classic" experience, whilst letting me do team-talks and letting me tell my right back that he's a lazy bastard.

I think it's a bit restrictive and foolish on SI's part to assume that people (even though I agree it might be MOST people) who play FM on a tablet want less control than they'd get on PC.

I just want to play it on a tablet so I don't have to use a desktop PC or an expensive laptop...

Anyone had a chance to give this a go yet?

I have not really had much time with the BETA, kind of makes me think why did I pay the extra £5 to have it when I never played it.

It's very good, all the features of last year's are expanded a little bit essentially. But it's not a world of difference.

It's all good, from what I can see - interviews are a little bit better, player interaction is a little bit better - but it's not a huge update. The match engine is a little better, but still has those moments where a player slides or warps or the animation doesn't quite add up.

Was playing it courtesy of a friend, but there's not enough "wow" about it to make me abandon my FM 2015 save. Maybe after Christmas...

It's very good, all the features of last year's are expanded a little bit essentially. But it's not a world of difference.

It's all good, from what I can see - interviews are a little bit better, player interaction is a little bit better - but it's not a huge update. The match engine is a little better, but still has those moments where a player slides or warps or the animation doesn't quite add up.

Was playing it courtesy of a friend, but there's not enough "wow" about it to make me abandon my FM 2015 save. Maybe after Christmas...

That's been the problem with FM for a few years now.. Expending the game without adding anything major to the game.

When the game is released we should maybe have an Evo-Web game one night of the new draft game and see who wins.

Last edited:
Anyone up for the new Fantasy Draft game mode? I've been trying to find someone to test it out but the network part of the game feels so dead :/

Anyone up for the new Fantasy Draft game mode? I've been trying to find someone to test it out but the network part of the game feels so dead :/

I would play a fantasy draft game, as stated we should get a few people involved one night from Evo-Web..

I would think alot of people won't buy the game till it is maybe in sale as the improvements this year are very small, in fact apart from having to play new tactics the game feels identical to last year.

Last edited:
I would play a fantasy draft game, as stated we should get a few people involved one night from Evo-Web..

I would think alot of people won't buy the game till it is maybe in sale as the improvements this year are very small, in fact apart from having to play new tactics the game feels identical to last year.

Pretty much me, got FM 15 in April and enjoying a new Real Betis save I started a week ago. Will buy fm 16 probably in April or if it goes $20 or under.

Just finished my 1st Season in the game as Man Utd.

Won the Premier League by a very impressive 21 points, only losing twice and they both came in the first 5 games of the Season - Last game of the Season made me laugh as was home to 2nd Place Chelsea, beat them 3-1, so Chelsea then finished 5th in the league and Mourinho was then sacked.
Won the FA Cup.
Went out the Champions League to Valencia in the Quarter Finals 3-1 on Agg.

Made a couple of signings as the buy a player for 5m is still in the game where you can buy Paul Pogba for 2m + 75m over 48 months..
So used this trick and signed Pogba, Isco, Alex Sandro..

Noticed players get serious injuries more often than usual and players always seemed pretty tired.. I found it quite rare to have a squad all over 90& before a start of a game.
Next season it will be a case of sign a few Youth defenders on the cheap and clear out the players over 30 and maybe sign a world class striker to replace Rooney.

First time in a while I have enjoyed FM again but the Press Conferences of the same shitty questions got really tiresome on the 3rd press conference so like all previous FM's the assistant now does that.

I will carry on with this save till I win the Champions League and World Cup. Then move on to getting to the Prem with Exeter.

Last edited:
Haven't played FM for a long time, bought it to try to bring FC United into the Premier League...Using a Sunday Leaguer identity with no coaching badges, its quite difficult, but I like that challenge.

After reading about the injury issues, I'll stick with 2015 methinks - they're bad enough in that...

Might buy the Touch version, though. It was hinted to me via Twitter that, along with the 3D match engine, it might have a few more of the "full fat" version's features (I'd prefer to play it on a tablet, but can't do without being able to talk to the players etc.)!

Not sure why people are moaning about injuries. I am managing Blackburn Rovers and not allowed to sign players due to the transfer embargo, have 8 injuries in the first team squad at present, all down to me pushing the same players too hard and them picking up injuries. That is quite realistic.

Looking at the injury stats Miles Jacobson posted last week, most of the Premier League teams have crica 5-8 players out so FM replicates that fairly well.

Anyone playing this?

Just started a new save with Benfica using the latest fm 2016 transfer update (by pr0). My expectations is to win the league, cup and reach the quarter-finals of champions league. let's see.:COOL:

I'm trying to bring FC United up to the Premier League...first time playing such low division, didn't know we didn't have to offer contracts to players, but other teams can sign your guys away any day of the week. Thought it was just rumours of another team interested in my LB, then found out the next day he was gone instantaneously...

But it's fun.

I have been playing this game alot, I have clocked up 110 hours so far..

I have done two saves where first I was Man Utd and won the Quadrople in my 2nd season, so gave up that save game as the game as dominated the league in both seasons.

My 2nd saved game I am Exeter and just have 3 league games to go in my 3rd Season and currently 15th in the Premier League.
But have enjoyed taking Exeter to the Premier League, mainly using loan signings along the way.

1st Season: Won L2
2nd Season: 8th L1
3rd Season: Won L1
4th Season: Avoided Relegation - Just
5th Season: 2nd in Championship and promoted.
6th Season: Currently 15th Premiership

The only thing I am finding difficult with the game is the huge inconsistancy, I find it very difficult to play consitent away from home and one week I will win 4-0 away and the following week I will lose 2-0 against a weaker team..

Last edited:
I find it very difficult to play consitent away from home and one week I will win 4-0 away and the following week I will lose 2-0 against a weaker team..
I've had that for the last 3-4 Football Manager games, it's as if teams who are lower in the table get some sort of boost. In my current save (Chester, season 3, just got promoted), I've beat a top five team 2-0 (away), and then got beat by a bottom five team 3-0 (at home, with them ending their losing streak).

Everyone's morale was high, the formation was set up nicely to counter theirs... It doesn't really make sense.

I've had that for the last 3-4 Football Manager games, it's as if teams who are lower in the table get some sort of boost. In my current save (Chester, season 3, just got promoted), I've beat a top five team 2-0 (away), and then got beat by a bottom five team 3-0 (at home, with them ending their losing streak).

Everyone's morale was high, the formation was set up nicely to counter theirs... It doesn't really make sense.

It is probably the thing that annoys me the most about Football Manager, especially when you play as a so called average team.
When I was Man Utd I don't think I could of lost if I tried.. I lost 3 games in the 2 seasons with the Man Utd save, and they had so much money coming out there arse I couldn't get rid of it.

My other gripe is Job Interviews and getting a job, during my Exeter save I have applied for numerous Jobs and not once been offered a position as Manager, despite being promoted up the divisions and well over performing on my objectives, because I started the game with the recommended settings when I took over at Exeter.
But my colleague from work who plays it started as Manager of Man Utd then got sacked, took over the Everton job failed to keep them up and got sacked.. Then he got offered the Liverpool job and took it, despite getting fired from 2 other Prem jobs Liverpool still took him on as manager.

Apart from these two issues I have got back into FM this year after not really playing FM15 and don't see myself stopping anytime soon. Especially as I am still on course to have the Ultimate Dream.

Exeter City UEFA Champions League Winners - 2026?

Back
Top Bottom