Football Manager 2011

Wilko22

Confusions Familiar
19 March 2003
Manchester United
Football Manager 2011

27542_138209719537191_3156_n.jpg

Although not officially announced yet, but we can confirm the following features and release date have been leaked.

• Release Date is Friday, October 29th 2010
  • Improved training options
  • More complex module for searching new players
  • Improved graphics and 3D view of the game
  • Introduction of football agents to the game
  • Playing games in evenings (so called night effect)
  • Differentiated weather conditions
Football Manager 2011 - Facebook

(Note: Recieved this in an e-mail from the unofficial fan-site sortioutsi, so not sure how legitimate it is)

Miles on Twitter:

"some of it is accurate, some of it is not. We will not be making any further statements at this time."

Last edited:
'Improved training'... gah.

I wish you could just completely auto training, i actually think its all got a bit too complex now sadly, same with tactics - can't really just dive in to it anymore...

Agents should be interesting, night effect... not sure...!

I wish you could just completely auto training, i actually think its all got a bit too complex now sadly, same with tactics - can't really just dive in to it anymore...

Personally I want more complexity. When I want simplicity I play FIFA/PES, whereas FM is where I build something and develop it, so I'd want the game to be extremely realistic so that everything affects everything.

Meh, pretty lame features list.

It should be fun for a few weeks though.

Apparently some of that isn't true from reading the comments.

Not an official list.

I'm sure the game will be brilliant, it always is.

I did add a note at the bottom from Miles Jacobson (studio director at Sports Interactive), saying some of it wasn't true.

But some of it is, so not entirely useless

I want them to focus a lot more on player manager interaction. There's such minimal interaction between players at all. Unless you count praising them in the media as interaction. I really want to feel like i need to be the manager of the team, not just the head coach.

Something else they need to fix is the basis of players moving. Right now teams only bid for players based on their reputation or potential and not how well they happen to play in a given frame of time. If a player has a great season but is relatively unknown and not rated highly in his secret potential/reputation stats then teams simply won't buy them.

For instance in my network game i have Hoarau (PSG) and the other player has Gignac (Toulouse). 3 seasons in a row both players get 20-30 goals in the league. Not once has any team bid for them. Then i get everybody trying to buy Areola because his potential is high despite actually having never played a good game for the club.

Plus there isn't enough pressure on you to sell players unless you happen to be in financial trouble. I've personally never noticed my players playing badly if they are unhappy. Marseille won the league last year on 98 points and 3/4 of their team was 'unhappy' for about 2/3rds of the season.

Plus they need to tone down the linear nature of wonderkids and players in general. Wonderkids develop in ANY environment. They never seem to suffer at all for the reasons that a myriad of them do in real life.

There's no denying the game is too easy because you know players will get good no matter what.

Back
Top Bottom