Football Manager 2009

Agree wholeheartedly with the above five posts ( and thanks for the thank you Dags and Milanista ;) ).

If they tried to compete with the gloss of PES/FIFA I think it would be too much too soon, all you want to see is good animation and the chance to see the tackles (too soft or too hard, is that new DM you've bought too dirty), the shots etc...

They've been working on it for three years and they know it has to look like a real football match without bugs or glitches, so I have total faith in them. And I don't say that often.

The graphics are more than enough for a good 3d match engine..besides, for sure you'll be able to edit kits, adboards, and so on..but, the main question will still unanswered till the release of the demo..will it feel like real football? or we'll see those continuous annoying passes to defense, and no build up play, random shots.. if they succeed to recreate a real match, with unlimited possibilities of chances, it would be amazing...
In my opinion it will work as good as the 2d match engine..now, I don't play FM enough to know if that's good or bad.

About the graphics, again..the only thing I would really like to see was a nice net..it feels really good when you score and you see the net...I hope it's not a simple box.

The 2D match engine in FM08 is excellent; the only thing that lets it down is not knowing certain things, like I mentioned before. I would say it's the most realistic match engine out there, the only thing letting it down is when your defence is too low/too high and they refuse to listen to your instructions.

The graphics are more than enough for a good 3d match engine..besides, for sure you'll be able to edit kits, adboards, and so on..but, the main question will still unanswered till the release of the demo..will it feel like real football? or we'll see those continuous annoying passes to defense, and no build up play, random shots.. if they succeed to recreate a real match, with unlimited possibilities of chances, it would be amazing...
In my opinion it will work as good as the 2d match engine..now, I don't play FM enough to know if that's good or bad.

About the graphics, again..the only thing I would really like to see was a nice net..it feels really good when you score and you see the net...I hope it's not a simple box.

i really think we can expect an evan better engine and "script" than we have in fm2008..he said fm2009 will be using fm live engine..and thats very promissing...

from what i could notice they got the already done 2d scenes and traslated into 3d with animations, im thinking that becaue of the screen shot where u can see the reserves bench(number 1725) and u can see that they look exactly the same way they do in the 2d engine on fm2008...som guys standing on the bench others walkking and warming up, not to mention the guy that is about to get in the pitch.

also in that screen shot u can cleary see theres diferent heighs between players, wich is absolutly GREAT..that way ull se a crouch - defoe diference in the game!! really cool.

The 2D match engine in FM08 is excellent; the only thing that lets it down is not knowing certain things, like I mentioned before. I would say it's the most realistic match engine out there, the only thing letting it down is when your defence is too low/too high and they refuse to listen to your instructions.

amen to that...if we have fm2008 engine with 3d animations and look, im really happy..now its already known well have fm live engine, which supposely is superior, maybe u can tell us abou it..

another thing i wonder now is how will stadiums be represented...im guessing this could be the cherry on the top of the cake...he said it is 50% done, so maybe in the final version we will se a 3d generic stadium for teams, if so my friends, ill say: LET THE EDITING BEGIN!
can u imagine, with so many great 3d artists in the comunity, we would have amazing stadiums!!!the atmosfere of the game would be surreal!

I don't know about the stadiums, you have to have licenses for them now - although not in LMA Manager 2007, because they made them just about generic enough, but still instantly recognisable.

Genuinely gives you a little shiver to play at Tranmere's real ground, and then see Arsenal's real ground - from the inside.

I don't know about the stadiums, you have to have licenses for them now - although not in LMA Manager 2007, because they made them just about generic enough, but still instantly recognisable.

Genuinely gives you a little shiver to play at Tranmere's real ground, and then see Arsenal's real ground - from the inside.

yeh i know about the licenseds, my idea was that they could give every team a generic stadium from defualt(can evan be the same stadium to begin with)..totally generic, but that would open the comunity to make each teams real stadium, heck maybe evan convert stadiums from PES or FIFA..

im might be just dreaming awake now, but after what i saw today i think anything is possible from SI :)
im really happy with this game right now. Cant wait to see my squad taking the pitch!

its sounds great this game. might get this instead of fifa/PES on the pc. i badly want a footy game for my pc and i may get this instead. does it have online play?

It does have online play. Like 08, and 07,06,05 and 03-04. I play every year. Unless you mean finding randomers. You just click 'join other server' and enter the ip of the other person.

Last edited:
That looks great...i will certainly buy this on PC and on PSP...
This is compensation for the big letdown (too expensive) that FM Live is...

another question: will the psp and pc version be integrated together? ie if i start a season in the pc one, can i continue it on my psp on the way to work?

that would be a great feature...but i highly doubt its in.
why wouldnt it? both versions are the same except for the 3d macth engine right? if they had any sense. they would implement such a feature has many people would buy two versions of there game

I really hope SI doesn't blow it with the 3D match engine. I'm trying not to get too excited for this, but I may be sucked into yet another huge waste of time with FM.

I love it.

why wouldnt it? both versions are the same except for the 3d macth engine right? if they had any sense. they would implement such a feature has many people would buy two versions of there game
They're totally different jonney, the depth that's in the PC version can't be put into the PSP version, it would require 10x the memory. The PSP version is a lot more simplified.

They're unrelated games by different teams within SI so no, you won't be able to play a game in one and continue it in the other.

Back
Top Bottom