Fonejackers or Crank Yankers

Which is a better prank phone call show?

• Fonejackers

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • Crank Yankers

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

Stringer Bell

Banned
12 February 2005
London
Okay guys, which prank phone call show do you think is better Fonejackers (English) or Crank Yankers (US)?

This is basically the same kinda of show, but both use different shots to simulate the prank phone call.

I think the Crank Yankers one is better they have moppets in there, which not only simulate the prank phone call, but what could be possibly going on in the background. :mrgreen:

But Fonejackers is quite funny and creative to.

If you're reading this and you don't know what i'm going on about here...

Fonejackers
Crank Yankers - YouTube Clips

Fonejacker all the way. Only because my girlfriend reckons I do the best impressions of them all.

"I'm a mouse!"
"Much love."
"The doovd?"

terry_200x150.jpg

Talk to me!

HAHA, oh fucking hell, I just remembered my favourite one. The old guy ringing the front-desk at the cinema. :D

Hello Odeon, can I help you?
TOTTENHAM COURT ROAD!
Erm, yes, this is Odeon Tottenham Court Road, how can I help you?
.........TOTTENHAM COURT ROAD! God I hate these stupid things.
Sir, I'm not a machine!
It's telling me it's not a machine, that's funny.
I am not a machine!
MISSION IMPOSSIBLE THREE!
I'm not a machine sir!
Bloody stupid ... MISSION! IMPOSSIBLE! THREE!!!

And the house advert. :mryellow:

Please state the property you are looking for now. ... ... ... BEEP
TWO BEDROOM HOUSE.
You are looking for a ... four ... bedroom ... bisexual-friendly flat. Is that right? ... NO. ... ... BEEP NO!!!

Last edited:
i was wondering if you wish to downgrade your upgrade to a grade thats higher than your current gradeing?

Last edited:
HAHA, oh fucking hell, I just remembered my favourite one. The old guy ringing the front-desk at the cinema. :D

Hello Odeon, can I help you?
TOTTENHAM COURT ROAD!
Erm, yes, this is Odeon Tottenham Court Road, how can I help you?
.........TOTTENHAM COURT ROAD! God I hate these stupid things.
Sir, I'm not a machine!
It's telling me it's not a machine, that's funny.
I am not a machine!
MISSION IMPOSSIBLE THREE!
I'm not a machine sir!
Bloody stupid ... MISSION! IMPOSSIBLE! THREE!!!

And the house advert. :mryellow:

Please state the property you are looking for now. ... ... ... BEEP
TWO BEDROOM HOUSE.
You are looking for a ... four ... bedroom ... bisexual-friendly flat. Is that right? ... NO. ... ... BEEP NO!!!

My favourite involves the old guy. The one where he calls Leicester Square and goes on about Gladiator.

And wasn't it a "3 bedroom bisexual houseshare"?

I've just found out, the guy who does Fonejacker is Kayvan Novak. He's done voiceover work before in Wallace & Gromit: Curse Of The Wererabbit and even in Perfect Dark Zero and Kameo. :|

89f.jpg

Such a respectable looking young man as well! :mryellow: Not exactly Dom Joly, you know from looking at him that he's done it his whole life. This guy looks like he should be on some film set. :mryellow:

You can get shirts as well now from the Fonejacker site. I'm torn between my two favourite characters...

tibbs.gif

Mouse.gif

Last edited:
He's been in Holby City as well I think.

I watched some of the Crank Yankers stuff on the website last night and didn't laugh once!! I don't really like most American comedy.:-k

I watched some of the Crank Yankers stuff on the website last night and didn't laugh once!! I don't really like most American comedy.:-k

Unfortunately, I feel the same. I especially don't find the black American comedians funny, other than the occasional sketch or performance from Chris Rock. My mates are always on at me: "why ain't you laughing?", etc etc.

Yeah I get that to. "watch this film its so fuckin funny" then i end up turning it off after half an hour cos i'm so bored. I'm the same with black comedies too.. Things like Raven, Sister Sister.. just pure crap.

South Park is the only American thing that's good.. and I suppose My Name Is Earl is alright.

Jack - I reckon the Tibbs one - not keen on the mouse.

The pusspe (PSP) one is also good.
Do you mean the pussthree one? I just saw that for the first time a few hours ago. "You play with the pussthree only a few hours a week? How do you have a girlfriend? You need to play with the pussthree every day!" :mryellow:

American comedy is more "obvious" and they rely on canned laughter far more than the Europeans. American comedy sketches also usually rely on very short, quirky scenes where as a British comedy would have a few minutes of silence. They didn't "get" The Office when it was first released over here. It's like some of the American audience don't understand irony (I don't mean to sound offensive to our American friends here :))

Last edited:
Yeah I get that to. "watch this film its so fuckin funny" then i end up turning it off after half an hour cos I'm so bored. I'm the same with black comedies too.. Things like Raven, Sister Sister.. just pure crap.

Raven, Sister Sister... those are kid shows :lol: and crank yankers never really made it in the US it was a pilot in 2002 and Chris rock ain`t funny he`s boring now, Chris tucker & David Chapelle was great on stand up. Funniest has to be kat williams but you have to know US culture to understand it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZB2sR1Fowws&mode=related&search=

Last edited:
Lol, ok they were bad examples, it was all that I could think of at the time. The Friday/Next Friday films I thought were rubbish and I didnt enjoy White Chicks either. Anyway I'll have a look at that video after work.:thumbup:

I think with Crank Yankers it's a bit more of a lengthier affair. You have to be a bit patient with it, if you know what i mean. I think this can be a bit boring for some people. Some of the laughs in the sketches you have sometimes wait to the middle of it, then it stops, then it starts again and then you have the big laugh at the end

But with Fonejackers the laugh starts straight away and through the sketches.

Anyways i really like both shows, but prefer Crank Yankers. :)

Last edited:
Yeah I get that to. "watch this film its so fuckin funny" then i end up turning it off after half an hour cos i'm so bored. I'm the same with black comedies too.. Things like Raven, Sister Sister.. just pure crap.
There are a lot of good black comedy out there like Def Jam comedy, the Cris Rock live shows and some undergrounds ones.

But i have to agree stuff like the Raven, Sister Sister, Girlfriends and all those black comedy sitcoms you usually find in Trouble are shite!

Last edited:
I think the worst show imo is "Whose line is it anyways" and was a massive hit in the US...I can`t even explain it really. US tv is weird at times... jailbreak is massive I dont know why either and hero`s wtf? soon I`ll be hooked on it :lol: remove jack bauer really that is the most panicky man on Earth slow down to breathe m8. Sorry for the off topic fonejackers is funny i like monies and sort code I love English but that African is mad how he keeps his composer is class. I think the dave chapelle show was class

The fonejacker actually rung me.

It was about a week after I had just got into it and started watching it. I was on my girlfriends bed at like 12.30am watching tv and my phone goes..."Hello this is Mike im calling from blahblahblah....I wonder if i could ask you a few questions about your lovelife?"

I replied, in alan partridges voice "No, goodbye!"

It was only 10 seconds later I realised it was him and was kicking myself because I didnt carry it on and just blag it :(

Was a withheld number on the mobile.

EDIT: My favourite is George Agdgdgwngo

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD EVENING MADAMMMMMMMMM

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Ipna2lJm038

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom