Folks with HDTV's/Monitors for PS3 & PC dual use, please help me! (PES2011 related)

Simcut

BF3 Addict
1 September 2007
Hertfordshire, England
Newcastle & Barnet
Hey all

I'm looking to get either a HDTV or a Monitor for Chrimbo (Christmas) from my lovely parents :D. As currently I have a Sony HDTV in the lounge downstairs but when I play PES2011 on the PS3 on it, the game feels sluggish and slow on replays and cinematics, which is really irritating for me, its like it for other games too such as Grand Theft Auto. And upstairs on my PC I have a 28" Hanns G Monitor, but it's not so great either. The graphics when I use my PS3 with this 28" monitor are not very good, and the monitor has dark areas too (if I watch a war film that has a night themed scene its hard to see things sometimes, even when the brightness is high).

So, to cut a long story short, I want to get a 22-24" either HDTV or Monitor so I can use it for my PS3 and for PC use. The reason why I am asking here and not elsewhere is because of PES2011. I need some recommendations on monitors or HDTV's that work well for games on both platforms (PC & PS3). I want to be able to play games on the PS3 without any slowdown (replays on PES2011 are particularly bad, so are the intros to matches, also if I go to game plan at half time and move around it goes really slow, like low FPS).

Sorry if my post is messy but its 4am now, so my brain is like mash! :D

So basically I want advice on a 22-24" monitor or HDTV that is suitable for PC & PS3 use (preferably 2 or more HDMI ports) that doesnt experience slowdown on PES2011 and other PS3 games in the instances I described. Would also ideally want it to be a low response time (ms).

Price range has to be around the £150-£160 mark or less.

Also, I don't want speakers if I were to get a monitor :)

Hope you can help me

Mods - Please if possible can you leave me thread in this ps3 section as its related to pes2011 as I really want a decent HDTV/Monitor that will let me have suitable performance with the game. I'm worried that if the thread was moved to Technology section people will make recommendations when they haven't read my post and don't realise that I need it for PES2011.

Thanks

P.S. I think I'm going to make a video of the crap performance I get on the game on PS3 just to give you an idea of how it is right now. Will do it and add it to my first post :)

Last edited:
Re: Folks with HDTV's/Monitors for PS3 & PC dual use, please help me! (PES2011 relate

Yeah looks good, I'm in dire need of a new HDTV/monitor too, so i think if it's just for your PC and Ps3 then it looks a good choice.

Also if you want more then one HDMI port but the TV only comes with one, you could always buy a HDMI splitter.

Re: Folks with HDTV's/Monitors for PS3 & PC dual use, please help me! (PES2011 relate

Yeah looks good, I'm in dire need of a new HDTV/monitor too, so i think if it's just for your PC and Ps3 then it looks a good choice.

Also if you want more then one HDMI port but the TV only comes with one, you could always buy a HDMI splitter.

Well, another question I have, if I were to get this Monitor, and use a DVI to DVI/DVI to VGA cable, would I have any performance/quality loss instead of using the HDMI connector? would it still run in HD as per HDMI to HDMI ?

Back
Top Bottom