Folks who live in USA, are you getting PES 2009 ?

Same here Jedi....I imported the PC version, should get the 360 version for the US. Are u sure about that release date iluvnineties? my local gamestop said the 17th.

what's the point of this post?

I cant believe how much time and effort do you put in bashing pes.

The point = answering the question and giving my reason why I answered the way I did. I just think it's a very lame game, in all areas. Don't take it personal. You like PES , you buy! Don't like don't buy. Simple.

The point = answering the question and giving my reason why I answered the way I did. I just think it's a very lame game, in all areas. Don't take it personal. You like PES , you buy! Don't like don't buy. Simple.

You like PES, stay in this forum...

You don't like PES, then p*ss off to the FIFA forums! :RANT:

In two minds about it to be honest. Even though it was crap last year I still bought it. I'll probably buy it even though I'm happy with FIFA. For player against player PES is fun, agianst the computer, you may as well play against the bloody cat.

I'm getting PES because of the offline play. I bought Fifa, but can't stand the AI issues. They force you to play the game alone, as your teammates are useless. Teammates are actually worse than useless, as when defending at critical times, they will actually block you from getting to the ball.

PES isn't perfect by any means, but based on the demo it plays a good single player game.

You like PES, stay in this forum...

You don't like PES, then p*ss off to the FIFA forums! :RANT:

If everyone here likes it and will buy it, why did the original poster start this thread? Not all opinions on this game have to rub you the right way. The game sux, period. Thats my opinion. One of many. Don't like it? Ignore me.

I'm probably gonna buy it. Need an update(at least a small one) from Pro Evo 2007 for online. Still play the patched PS2 versions but enjoy playing online so I need next gen soccer game. I passed on buying 08 but have heard good things from this years version so probably. I tried FIFA and while presentation and licenses are excellent, it still plays a crap game. Improved but still crap.

I will definitely get this game. I have heard so many opinions about this game. I will like to check it out for myself.

Ps. I played fifa 09 limitedly got bored in like 2-3hrs. I knw thats not a fair assesment of the overall game but i will rent it in the future to compare with PES 09 till then... I reserve ma judgement or opinion

Why would anyone buy the USA version when the Euro version is region free and you can download the great option files that will never be converted to NTSC

What if you use a HDTV and you have a US copy, will the option files work?

Why would anyone buy the USA version when the Euro version is region free and you can download the great option files that will never be converted to NTSC

I think am going to do this next year. Do we know for sure that European option files won't work again this year with the US version? Hopefully I'll get the game today (still no idea if it will actually show up or not, soccer isn't exactly on the radar here for most), so I'll give it a try.

Waiting around for the game is never fun either, although last year we didn't get PES until like April, so waiting a few more weeks isn't a big deal.

To the original post. I am from the U.S and will not be purchasing this game. There are too many things for me to worry about at this time.

Well, I managed to do the impossible: find PES 2009 for sale in the US!

I went to Gamestop to pick up my preorder and they had to dig it out of the bottom of the box. Good thing I preordered, because no other stores seem to have it available yet (at least according to their webpage).

Same here... The Gamestop close to ma place.. had only the copy i preordered...

Its a shame for real, how this game is not popular in the U.S.

Hi, I'm from Brazil and I ordered PES2009 in USA. I also think the option files won't be compatible, but maybe the online part will be. Anyone that has bought the american game can confirm this?

Same here... The Gamestop close to ma place.. had only the copy i preordered...

Its a shame for real, how this game is not popular in the U.S.

For one thing, Konami has to get this game on the shelves sooner, and make sure it is there the same day as that "other game". Fifa only was a week behind the European release, which is no big deal.

Last year we didn't see PES here in the US until April!

I'd also be nice if they could get the MLS license, but I'm sure EA has the exclusive in that.

I don't know how else to get people interested in this game. You really have to give it a lot of play before you really enjoy it. Fifa is great fun at first, then once you see how everything works it becomes boring. I know people here who are totally fed up with Fifa, and I always try to get them to demo PES and at least give it a fair shot.

I'm not sure if online works with other versions, but it usually does. The lag will probably be tough, but it should work.

I'm not sure if online works with other versions, but it usually does. The lag will probably be tough, but it should work.

kerosene, did you manage to test it? When you go online, do you see the european servers or just american?

Another question: does the game come with teams/rosters updated? For example: is Gudjohnsen in Barcelona? Or are we going to wait for an update?

Thanks

Hi I live in Panama and I pre-ordered my copy by Amazon. I Have Fifa 08 but I dont play it:ZZZ:

Amazon Says that my copy launch Novembre 17th, so I dont care the game sucks or anything, for me its good:BOP:

Greetings

Back
Top Bottom