Flip-Flap (Elastico)

Its kind of annoying that i cannot do ocnstant stepovers because it automatically does the flip flapp..

Do someone know what determines the ability to perform the flip-flap ?
It is obviously the technique level, but the problem is cisse hasn't a good technique level in real life and in the game as well, I suppose?

I think that elastico should be do only from players that do it regularly in real life, like Zlatan, Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, ecc...

So I think that not all the players that have high tecnique stats must have the ''elastico ability'' cuz if they can't do it or won't do it usually in real life, they can't do it in the game.

I don't agree cos zidane doesn't do it in real life whereas he has the highest technique level of all time along with ronaldinho and eventually maradona
and I want to be able to perform it with zidane cos he is able to do it even if he don't

i don't tell you that because i'm french since i'm pissed off that djibril cisse can do it in the game whereas he can't in real life

maybe those who can do it are the ones with a specific dribble style 1-5 (new option in edit player mode) Check Little Ronnie's dribble style,give it to someone else in edit mode and see if I'm right!

Note-in WE8LE Doubla R's method did NOT work.

No problem, is my opinion and I think that to improve the reality, to respect the real life, like the type of freekick shot, is ''personal ability''.

So Zizou although is an amazing player for me is right that he can't do it.

Cissè...damn I can't understand why he can, I never see that in real life!!

Is a lil error by Konami.

yep such a shame for cisse
but it is obvious that zizou could do it IF HE WANTED cos (i will say what i really think) he is the most gifted player of all time in the field of technique (I know, ronaldinho should also have 99 for the technique stat)

In fact:

Toki said:
cuz if they can't do it or won't do it usually in real life, they can't do it in the game.

So I think that Konami want to mantain the line of extreme reality also for the elastico, but not without errors...

I prefer an error with Zidane that can do it and not with Cissè eh eh!!

But for me should be still an error, so...

I saw Zizou in live match many times and I think that his technique for the team and during the game is one of the best ever ( with Pelè, Maradona, Platini, I won't do a ranking...) but for the trick or freestyle Zlatan, Ronaldinho, C. Ronaldo, Denilson,... is better.

I hope that you can understand the mean...

totally, but in fact this move should only be available for ronaldinho as well as the double roulette for zidane who did it the first, since they are the only to make those respective move with absolute sharpness

I don't agree for the elastico, but for sure for the roulette and Zizou: he do the best roulette that I ever seen!!

The elastico is do perfectly (and usually) by Zlatan, Ronaldinho and Ronaldo (both) and a lot of other brazilian players, most of they aren't really famous cuz they figure in Brazil Serie A.

Other player do it but I think that if they do only once is not right to put this ability in the game, maybe in the future...

@dalessandro - I agree with your point of view - flawless magic skills are reserved for few

Ronaldinho didn't develope the elastico but of course he uses it a lot which is good for the show :) ,Rivelinho did it first in 1970
from what I hear flip flap is now widely used especially in Brazil

as for roulette - for example Bueno from Uruguay does it 5times per match :D

just a little 'did you know?'

ok we are bitin' our tail
you're right ronaldo and espacially for ibrahimovic and cristiano ronaldo who do it very well but my point is they don't do it as smoothly as ronnie does it as well as toki is right seein that nobody does the double roulette as smoothly as zidane who can do many in a raw

What Jonboyo said might be the right way to do this. Go check dribbling style of all those we KNOW do flip flap in game and see if they each have same dribbling star like Ronaldinho, Zlatan, Rosales, cisse and others we know of so far.

Then if they ARE all the same.. create a player.. or edit one to have AMAZING technique/ dribbling and special star of dribbling and give them SAME dribbling method of Ronaldiho and others and see if they're now able to do flip flap.

If not.. then we can reach conclusion that again Konami have given it to CERTAIN inidividual players.. and it's not to do with stats so we can give them ourselves.

p.s. I'm sure I saw Cisse do flip flap once at Auxurre but most of you probably don't remember that but French people like D'Alessandro might.

Anyways.. he doesn't do it regularly though and if it was up to me i wouldn't have given it to him ;)

Different point of view and preference.

And a bit OT eh eh...

Can anyone confirm who can all do this move? Obviously Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, C.Ronaldo, Zlatan. I know Rosales and Takahara can do it, anyone else? (Not sure if one of the ML default players still does it, Miranda?).

Thanks, just for my ML team I want to sign someone who can do the move.

Cheers.

FD

p.s. By the way, you can't make changes to a player and he'll do it, you could stick all 99's in if you like, doesn't make a difference. I also base copied Ronaldinho and just made a copy of appearance changes and name and he couldn't do it either.

PLF said:
What Jonboyo said might be the right way to do this. Go check dribbling style of all those we KNOW do flip flap in game and see if they each have same dribbling star like Ronaldinho, Zlatan, Rosales, cisse and others we know of so far.

Then if they ARE all the same.. create a player.. or edit one to have AMAZING technique/ dribbling and special star of dribbling and give them SAME dribbling method of Ronaldiho and others and see if they're now able to do flip flap.

If not.. then we can reach conclusion that again Konami have given it to CERTAIN inidividual players.. and it's not to do with stats so we can give them ourselves.

p.s. I'm sure I saw Cisse do flip flap once at Auxurre but most of you probably don't remember that but French people like D'Alessandro might.

Anyways.. he doesn't do it regularly though and if it was up to me i wouldn't have given it to him ;)

Well, it can't tell
i didn't see him make the flip-flap at auxerre but if you say you saw him do it, i can only trust you
anyways, like you said, seeing that he didn't make it often (and probably just once, he doesn't the hell deserve it !!!! Such a shame !!

Last edited:
Eh?..I done the R2 step-over with Ronaldinho, but I do the same move with the likes of C. Ronaldo yet he doesnt do it?

Either that or there are 2 ways to do it.

Btw for the guy who cant do step-overs, just do the L1 ones.

Zidane can do it in real life (I have seen him do it twice in official matches), but it's ineffective for him as he is not a player who uses his pace to beat players so naturally he doesn't use it.

Cisse? Never seen him do it myself.

Ronaldo was doing it competitively long before his friend Ronaldinho as well which is funny as he has been labeled the creator of it essentially.

In What Situations would u use the flip-flap?
One on one?

Whenever i Use it with C. Ronaldo, he ends up looking like a fool and tricking himself, just like in real life.

Same as Inter. I find it's most useful around touchline or when you just trying to cut in the box.

can someone double check for me. i did the flip flap thing with james milner, i'm sure it was him... cant think why he would have it though

Yes, James Milner can do it. Anyone knows how to create a new player who CAN do it? Maybe I can edit a player who can do it into a new player, will that work?

Back
Top Bottom