1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

FlatOut: Ultimate Carnage

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Coopz, 28 June 2007.

1. Coopz

Coopz Retired Footballer

27 April 2002
    Anyone got this?

im loving this at the minute, all is it basically is racing and smashing each other up

the gfx, damage and objects that you can smash into are all brilliant and the game is rock solid, i am really struggling to win any kind of event. I cant even win the destruction derby

Im off Dirt now and am stuck on this

heres a few short reviews on the game

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/flatoutultimatecarnage?q=flatout

2. Chris Davies

Chris Davies At least, I think I am Staff

14 May 2003
    Tranmere Rovers
    My short review: it's as crap as Dirt and Coopz is mental. :mryellow:

3. djdoc

djdoc Guest

And I get criticised for crap posts....

4. Chris Davies

14 May 2003
    Tranmere Rovers
    DJ, check your PMs. Don't worry mods, it's a peace offering, not a death threat or anything, I know what this looks like... *Flees the country*

Last edited: 28 June 2007
  5. djdoc

djdoc Guest

Not really much of a peace offering to be honest but never mind.

Anyway BACK on topic. I like the look of this. But im guilty of getting too many games at once and not completing them.

6. OPM

OPM ... Staff

2 June 2003
    Budapest
    is this a port of part 2 from pc or a complete new game for 360?

7. Chris Davies

14 May 2003
    Tranmere Rovers
    It's a port with a few extra features. Xbox Live being the main one, from the looks of things.

8. OPM

OPM ... Staff

2 June 2003
    Budapest
    ah, not even thinking about it then

pc was fun but again? no :

9. Chris Davies

14 May 2003
    Tranmere Rovers
    I used to think that about some games but then thinking of the achievements/gamerscore makes me reconsider (I have to have a score higher than my nephew or I'll never live it down). I have well and truly entered the realm of the geek. As if I wasn't already there.

10. spaceman

spaceman League 2

18 June 2003
    Blackpool
    Blackpool
    I have it had its a real blast,i think it starts out rather easy played in 2 cups on level 1 and won both first time although i have not completed the time trial stage yet or atempted the destruction derby yet. I prefer this to Burnout especialy the handling, although that may change after a few days weeks play as with these types of games it's how long can they maintain the i need another go syndrome.

11. JayD

JayD Premiership

27 April 2002
    Arsenal
    Very good game, it's FUN, remember that? FUN, that's whats games should be, nothing to serious all the time just FUN!! And it's not a port it's a new game.

12. Carl

Carl Ban Master Staff

27 December 2001
    N.I.
    West Ham United FC
    Yup, thats it Jay D, FUN FUN FUN, PROPER FUN, LIKE ARCADE FUN OF OLD, the just one more go mentality of it.

Had the first two on XB, we even had a few Evo Web nights on the first one, I love it, its a game, woot woot.

13. Chris Davies

14 May 2003
    Tranmere Rovers
    If you type in "FlatOut 360 port" on Google you get various sites that say it's a port and that the best thing about it is Xbox Live. Apologies if I'm wrong but that's what I've read.

14. spaceman

spaceman League 2

18 June 2003
    Blackpool
    Blackpool

I think your right i believe it's a port of flatout 2 with some extras attached, as i think it's IGN showed some screens of Flatout UC in a preview and they were the same as Flatout 2 on XboX but with better gfx, as they showed a comparison.If you havn't played No`2 though then its not a problem..

15. JayD

JayD Premiership

27 April 2002
    Arsenal
    Fair enough I read it was a new game, but i never played no.2 so it's all new and good to me.

16. Coopz

Coopz Retired Footballer

27 April 2002
    I wanna smash someone up on live :)

17. djdoc

djdoc Guest

I played No 2 and didnt like it as much as No 1. Oh well looks like what me and APX hoped for hasnt happened.

18. jaygrim

jaygrim TheAllSeeingEye

26 July 2005
    Everywhere.
    Man Utd
    It's only £27.99 at Shopto.

19. CW

CW C Dub Founding Member

6 October 2001
    Liverpool
    Bargain, go buy it people!!

20. Chris Davies

14 May 2003
    Tranmere Rovers
    ShopTo haven't half got a few good price-cuts going.

Shame they're all on absolutely shite games. :mryellow:

21. Coopz

Coopz Retired Footballer

27 April 2002
    Shame you have a shite judgement on games :)

22. TikTikTikTikTik

TikTikTikTikTik *****

7 August 2004
    Liverpool
    This looks good actually, and has gotton some good reviews so far.

@ the people who have it; how bad is the supposed poor physics bug? If you dont know what i mean here's a section from the eurogamer review:

From the comments page a few people were saying that it wasnt a bug but that it depends on your skill level when knocking opponents from the back/side to spin them.

Also is there any traffic in races? I know that what i really enjoyed in burnout was knocking opponents into other "regular" cars. Dont get the impression that its in flatout.

Does the desruction derby resemble anything like the destruction derby games on the ps1? Loved those

23. djdoc

djdoc Guest

Destruction Derby on PSX1 was fantastic! I also liked number 2. I for one might give this game a try. Will be a break from the norm of Forza and DiRT

24. Coopz

Coopz Retired Footballer

27 April 2002
    Yeah i have seen that a few times but its not a bug, like someone said it has to be mastered

its a PIT manoeuvre used by the police, i can see how its done wrong because if you are side by side the other car turns into you feeling like your stuck then he spins out leaving you driving with him sideways infront of you. I can do it easily now, i just leave space between me and the oppo then slam the side of his car just before his back wheel and they go flying.

you will see what i mean when you play it

25. cowden_harley

cowden_harley MOANING PRICK

3 October 2003
    Central Park
    Cowdenbeath FC
    This game is great fun. A welcome distraction from all the serious games.

26. TikTikTikTikTik

TikTikTikTikTik *****

7 August 2004
    Liverpool
    Was playing forza earlier in the quattro comp and i just couldnt get ahead of the "overly high pi score" r4 audi. After trying a few races and restarting them my patience went i just crashed right into the back of him, both of us were so damaged that neither could continue. It felt great, and made me think i need this to balance out the serious concentrated racing thats needed in forza :D

27. Carl

Carl Ban Master Staff

27 December 2001
    N.I.
    West Ham United FC
    Tonight, on Live, hopefully from 8.

Bump diddy Bump, now 24.99 on Play.........

Last edited: 12 July 2007
  28. Coopz

Coopz Retired Footballer

27 April 2002
    and so is Dirt and Forza

but this is better online :)

29. jambotommy

jambotommy Praying for the miracle..

7 August 2004
    Narnia
    Hearts
    Stunt mode online is just soooo addictive.

Spending absobloodylutely hours and hours on this.

30. Coopz

Coopz Retired Footballer

27 April 2002
    jambo you will have to join me, jay, cw and holio online

5 evo-webbers would be great