1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

Five scores 'Football Italia'

Discussion in 'Football' started by tobi, 12 June 2007.

1. tobi

tobi "Pull up from 30!"

5 August 2005
    Teaching the PHX Suns the 2 min drill...
    Spurs, Suns and Cowboys
    Five has obtained the rights to show footage from Italy's Serie A division, with Tinopolis' Sunset and Vine producing the coverage.

It is expected the broadcaster will begin airing the coverage from the 2007-8 season. Bravo shared the rights with Setanta Sports for the 2006-7 season, but ceased its coverage of the league at the end of last year due to inconsistent ratings.

Channel 4 previously aired Italian football coverage until 2002, when it was shown by British Eurosport before Bravo and Setanta took over in 2005.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/programming/a60812/five-scores-football-italia.html

i'm very happy with this news :applause:

2. marukomu

marukomu Ecchi otoko

26 November 2005
    Okayama, Japan
    Man Utd, Stockport County
    John Barnes hosting it?

3. tobi

tobi "Pull up from 30!"

5 August 2005
    Spurs, Suns and Cowboys
    i hope not, now i'm hoping someone snaps up the bundesliga but if your not gonna broadcast the games in 16:9 then you can piss off!

4. Chris Davies

Chris Davies Chief PESsimist Staff

14 May 2003
    Tranmere Rovers
    Absolutely brilliant, I used to watch this years ago when it was on Channel 4. Can't wait for this to start - Match Of The Day followed by Football Italia, oh yes.

5. Ad16

Ad16 Premiership

13 November 2006
    Good work Five. Best terrestrial channel for sport in my opinion. This just increases their awesome lineup.

6. Rochemback10

Rochemback10 All aboard the Mogganaut

30 November 2005
    Middlesbrough
    Will James Richardson still be the host ?

Most underrated presenter on TV. Fact.

7. curswine

curswine Premiership

3 May 2004
    Fleetwood
    5 would be awesome for sport only if they didn't show matches at such unreasonable times like 4am for argentine and dutch highlights just not the same when taped either. Football Italia highlights would make an ideal late night saturday viewing after motd I agree, would be sooo much better if their was some actual Bundesliga coverage on either terrestrial or digital tv, I am sure Sky Sports used to hold the rights to that aswell as La Liga but some reason they reliquished it I think :(

Also James Richardson is god, if he doesn't come as part of the package it's hardly worths five's time if they think John Barnes can blag knowledge about Italian football.

8. gib2504

gib2504 R.I.P Jarque

17 December 2005
    Leeds, formally Glasgow
    Celtic, Lille
    I really hope they show it properly and not like their forgotten coverage of Ligue 1.

We need at least 1 full match a week, and return of Gazzetta and James Richardson

9. denirobob

denirobob IBERIAN PRIMERA

28 June 2002
    Henley, Oxfordshire
    Ciao. this is indeed great news - highlights (and possibly live games too).

be great to team up Brackley & Ray "Good afternoon Peter, Good afternoon everybody" Wilkins in the commentary box with the legendary JR....

- "Roma and Lazio, like Penelope Pitstop, are tied on points.
    - "...as unsung as Posh Spice's back-catalogue."
    - "What do Clarence Seedorf and Pete Doherty have in common? They both get caught in possession an awful lot."
    - "The Juventus coach arrived at Fiorentina's stadium under a hail of missiles from home fans. Mind you, they are not the only team to arrive at away matches with a smashed coach. Nottingham Forest fans are more than used to it!" c. 1991

:)

A question for everyone, can u recall the first live game shown on C4 ?

db

10. marukomu

marukomu Ecchi otoko

26 November 2005
    Okayama, Japan
    Man Utd, Stockport County
    a 3-3 draw between Sampdoria and Lazio

11. denirobob

28 June 2002
    Henley, Oxfordshire
  12. Milanista

Milanista Mangiamoli! Staff

19 December 2002
    London & Milan
    AC Milan
    Great interview! Just watched all 5 parts.

13. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Banned

12 February 2005
    London
    Great news!

14. Coopz

Coopz Retired Footballer

27 April 2002
    nothing to write home about if you have Sky though :)

15. Professor Nutmeg

Professor Nutmeg ML Fanatic

3 July 2002
    Master League
    Good News

James 'Crikey' Richardson has to be onboard for this!

talking on the last day of the Premiership season: "Not since Guti found out his girlfriend was a transexual, have footballers battled so hard to avoid going down"

16. denirobob

28 June 2002
    Henley, Oxfordshire
    and to be fair it couldn't of happened to a nicer bloke... :)

[​IMG]

17. Cloud1863

Cloud1863 Premiership

10 December 2004
    Stoke City
    In the words of Alan Partridge, "Jurassic Park".

Best bit of news all week, I missed most of last season due to cancelling Shitanta.

18. PetrovLFC

PetrovLFC Raul!

13 March 2005
    NW London
    Liverpool
    GoooooooooooooooooooooolLazo!!!!!!!!

Well chuffed.

Should be good what with Juve coming back up. Interesting to see if they can attract big name players back and put up a challenge in the first season back.

Theres just something about Italian football. Sure they dive alot, tackles are rare, and its a lot more patient than English or even German football, but the passion of the fans (sometimes too much) the politics, the stadiums, the commentators and the players.

19. kobashi

kobashi Champions League

19 May 2004
    Setanta show German. also please tell me Setanta will still be showing Serie A next season.

20. luke909

luke909 League 2

17 August 2004
    Richardson was on talksport and said it would be unlikely he'd be on it.

21. tobi

tobi "Pull up from 30!"

5 August 2005
    Spurs, Suns and Cowboys
    Five fields Italian soccer

UK terrestrial network Five has acquired a package of live and highlight broadcast rights to Italian football league Serie A.

Mike Ingram, director of Inform Group, which brokered the deal on behalf of rights owner Media Partners and Silva, said the agreement "reverses the trend of terrestrial broadcasters losing out to pay-TV."

"Serie A is now the only major European league to have live terrestrial coverage in a major western European market," added Ingram.

The agreement, for broadcast, online and mobile rights, includes a live match at 14.00 on Sundays, an additional match broadcast during Five's late-night sports block on Mondays and a highlights programme on Saturdays at 11.30.

I don't like the sound of that at all. :nono:

22. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Banned

12 February 2005
    London
    Sounds good to me.

23. AgentSmithMatrix

AgentSmithMatrix League 1

14 July 2004
    Liverpool
    Sweet!

24. Mana Cerace

Mana Cerace League 2

16 February 2006
    Good, I'm italian and I'm going to stay in London for a year, so I can keep up and enjoy a different perspective (I love reading what you brits post around here about SerieA) on our football :)

25. lo zio

lo zio International

24 October 2005
    Palermo
    wait a minute... u're saying that u're italian..... and u like to read british newspapers????? :shock::shock::shock:

honestly mate, the only good aspect of reading about the "british perspectives" about italian (but i'd say also french, german spanish, etc..) football is that it makes u appreciate the italian press even more :mrgreen:

edit: sorry mate, i just realized that i probably misunderstood u..... i didn't understand that u were talking about what british guys write about serie a on this forum :mrgreen:;)

Last edited: 4 August 2007
  26. Chris Davies

Chris Davies Chief PESsimist Staff

14 May 2003
    Tranmere Rovers
    When does it staaaaaart?

27. kobashi

kobashi Champions League

19 May 2004
    If Five have the sunday afternoon slot I guess Setanta will still be showing Serie A on Saturdays and Sunday nights.

28. Mana Cerace

Mana Cerace League 2

16 February 2006

Lol yeah, I meant "posts" around here, on this forum.
    I'm prepared to deal with the infamous tabloids, though!

Off topic: I'll have to choose a football team to support in London! I can't decide between Arsenal and Tottenham :mrgreen:

29. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Banned

12 February 2005
    London
    Probably sometime this month mate, when the season starts.

30. foxtrot

foxtrot Shoe bomber

24 December 2002
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Rangers FC
    Serie A starts on August 26th. Early this season for once.